Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 361 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 359 360 361 362 363 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,824
Points 352,502
Kris replied on Sun, Jan 13 2013 11:28 PM | Locked

Donna B:
I am still down with this upper respiratory crud, so no skiing for me today in these cold temperatures!  (More time for quilting...if I can drag myself down to my studio.)

Hope you feel better soon Donna.

We had a bit of a warm up (45 Sunday) but the heavy fog is still hanging around. I could barely see driving to the hospital. Lucky for me I only had to go in for one patient.

Our furnace died tonight. We called the maintenance folks but they haven't returned our call yet.

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 57
Points 1,570
Donna replied on Sun, Jan 13 2013 11:33 PM | Locked
Thea, I'm sorry that you're in so much pain and you're right. The weather doesn't help. It seems that our body barometer reacts to conditions outside even when we're inside. I'll be keeping you in prayer. We had snow on and off for a few days with only an inch or so at our elevation. Late Friday it cleared up and the temperature dropped. No single digits here but 25 Arctic degrees is cold enough for me! With the sun shining it's been beautiful and much of the snow has melted. I haven't looked at what's coming up, not that I like weather surprises. I have to drive into town tomorrow regardless. The roads are in pretty good shape now. Icy roads can keep me home. Nothing is important enough to take to curvy mountain roads in bad conditions. lol Feel better soon so you sewing machine doesn't start feeling unloved. Hugs, Donna in Oregon
  • | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,372
Points 48,740
Ginny replied on Mon, Jan 14 2013 7:11 AM | Locked

Brandy,  I am rather glad that you had that melt-down.   Look how well it turned out for you.  Now, you know you have friends that you can count on when the going gets tough,  And you can do the same for them.   Your church sounds like it has many things available for you in your life.   I am so glad when things go right for my friends.      Ginny

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,093
Points 14,135
Dawn replied on Mon, Jan 14 2013 7:47 AM | Locked

Good Monday Morning!  Well, it is a balmy 5 here this morning, high of 25 expected.  :-)  I am safe and warm in my house.  Gotta make myself do my Monday goals, I am trying something new, set goals for each day, just little things, but that way I can feel better about reading, quilting, or whatever.  Today is dishes and cleaning bathrooms day.  But first breakfast.  Then I may get to putting together my Lone Star quilt and working again on the 2012 Craftsy BOM.  I got frustrated w/it on Saturday, so stepped away from it for a bit.  DH has almost gotten the laundry room cabinets made, just hinges and pulls to attach.  Then he will make our closet!  Can't wait to not have to go to a different room for my clothes. 

Everyone have a wonderful day!!!!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 256
Points 4,675
Lesley replied on Mon, Jan 14 2013 9:16 AM | Locked

Brandy sounds like your melt down was a blessing in disguise. Just take each day as it comes a little change every day and it soon becomes a big change.

Lxx

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 256
Points 4,675
Lesley replied on Mon, Jan 14 2013 9:30 AM | Locked

Sukochi,

What a wonderful thing you have done for Afton.

I am always on the look out for new books so am very interested in The Elm Creek Quilters can you tell me if I need to read them in  any particular order or are they all separate books in their own right?

We have had snow today not a lot by comparison to some people but it looks pretty! Glad I didn't have to go to work today! DH's car is in for service so he has taken mine to work. I hate it when I don't have my car on the drive I feel a bit cut off really. Sounds stupid I know especially as the garage mechanic has left his SUV on the drive and there is a hire car parked outside the house too for DH as he has to go away on business tomorrow. 2 cars and nowhere to go!!

I am continuing with my mystery quilt done which I was in the process of doing when I had my fall so I am playing catchup so I am up to date for the next class. I am sure I will get up to date eventually.

xx

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,098
Points 24,750
Agnes replied on Mon, Jan 14 2013 9:38 AM | Locked

Lesley:
I am always on the look out for new books so am very interested in The Elm Creek Quilters can you tell me if I need to read them in  any particular order or are they all separate books in their own right?

I have enjoyed the series and am now waiting for the most recent book. They are a series and best read in that order. If you want a list of the order it can be found at:

www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/c/jennifer-chiaverini/

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,344
Points 126,144
Spudgrandma replied on Mon, Jan 14 2013 9:38 AM | Locked

Wendy :

been playing in EQ7 all day this is what I came up with

Love it Wendy!

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 256
Points 4,675
Lesley replied on Mon, Jan 14 2013 9:39 AM | Locked

Agnes

Thank you I will have a look at the link.

x

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,344
Points 126,144
Spudgrandma replied on Mon, Jan 14 2013 9:42 AM | Locked

Elaine Phillips:
As I got on I 70 to catch the Expressway to my highway home, a stupid fool passed me and a pickup in front of me

It is amazing how stupid some people are. Someone passed us last night and I was thinking how dumb, our roads are pretty much clear but there are spots where there are patches of ice clear across the road, hit one of those going too fast and your in the ditch! 

I'm sure glad you were not harmed, or anyone else for that matter.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,344
Points 126,144
Spudgrandma replied on Mon, Jan 14 2013 9:45 AM | Locked

DustysMomma:
Hi all! This is my first post! 

Hi DustysMomma, it is nice to meet you. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,344
Points 126,144
Spudgrandma replied on Mon, Jan 14 2013 9:47 AM | Locked

Kris:
Our furnace died tonight. We called the maintenance folks but they haven't returned our call yet.

Kris, I hope you are able to stay warm and they are able to get you up and running soon.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,821
Points 85,145
Sukochi replied on Mon, Jan 14 2013 10:25 AM | Locked

Here is something to give you a chuckle. And, this is TRUE!  I am listening to the local police scanner today. It is what I do, for entertainment, while I sew. This morning,  there was a call for a Deputy to go to a house "Caller states that someone broke into her house, opened her pickle jar, and took a bite out of one of her pickles". After dispatch, the Deputy didn't responde for several seconds, then said, with a sigh "Ok, Gilmer, I am responding....". Sounds like a busy day in Gilmer County. He is on scene now. Can't wait to see wait to see his response is, to Central, about what this caller had to say. .

Sukochi

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,324
Points 19,935
Carolyn (CarolBeau) replied on Mon, Jan 14 2013 10:35 AM | Locked

Lol.  That's hilarious.  I've never listened to a police scanner.  Is it pretty entertaining?

Please do let us know how that issue works out.

Raleigh, NC

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,324
Points 19,935
Carolyn (CarolBeau) replied on Mon, Jan 14 2013 10:36 AM | Locked

My guess is that it's someone with alzheimer's or dementia - not a burglar.

Raleigh, NC

Page 361 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 359 360 361 362 363 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use