Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 354 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 352 353 354 355 356 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,452
Points 47,765
Angele replied on Wed, Jan 9 2013 9:09 PM | Locked

I did work on a quilt today. I finally started quilting my UFO. After two blocks I decided to leave it till tomorrow and see if I still like it...being tired and half asleep...hehehe...

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,956
Points 368,377
Kris replied on Wed, Jan 9 2013 9:19 PM | Locked

Donna B:
I dropped by our Senior Center's Rummage Room just to see if there was anything new.

Nice haul Donna. $3.00 well spent.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,956
Points 368,377
Kris replied on Wed, Jan 9 2013 10:03 PM | Locked

Sheila:
Sorry I've been absent so much!

Good to "see" you Sheila. Hope things are calming down for you. Enjoy your retreats.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,956
Points 368,377
Kris replied on Wed, Jan 9 2013 10:06 PM | Locked

Spudgrandma:
My daughter got a job yesterday and starts today.

That's great Spud. I hope a teaching position opens up real soon for her. At least now her foot's in the door.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,956
Points 368,377
Kris replied on Wed, Jan 9 2013 10:09 PM | Locked

Wendy :
I seem to be in the doldrums.  I need a pick me up on the quilting end of things.

Wendy I hope you feel better by now.

Wendy :
On an up note, It looks like my husband may have a new job with Andraus Trucking company out of Salt Lake City. He would be on a dedicated run from here to Canada and back each week.

Good news. I'm happy for him and you.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Wed, Jan 9 2013 11:08 PM | Locked

I was pleased to find two open hours today to play with my new Featherweight.  I wound a bobbin and sewed a few lines of stitching to check the tension.  Everything seems to be working well.  I have a lot of cleaning to do before I snap some pictures.  I also found some sites from which to print user and service manuals, and I ordered oil and lubricant, and four rubber feet to replace those attached to the bottom of the machine.   

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Wed, Jan 9 2013 11:17 PM | Locked

Annie how do you find anything ? Your sewing room is entirelly to neat .. LOL   Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,956
Points 368,377
Kris replied on Thu, Jan 10 2013 1:06 AM | Locked

MNnancy:

I was pleased to find two open hours today to play with my new Featherweight.  I wound a bobbin and sewed a few lines of stitching to check the tension.  Everything seems to be working well.  I have a lot of cleaning to do before I snap some pictures.  I also found some sites from which to print user and service manuals, and I ordered oil and lubricant, and four rubber feet to replace those attached to the bottom of the machine.   

Nancy,

I can't wait to see her.

My Internet died so I'm surfing by mobile phone. Not fun. Going to read a book. See you all later.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,561
Points 246,192
Thea replied on Thu, Jan 10 2013 7:26 AM | Locked

Good morning to all!  Wet thoughts coming from Oklahoma this morning... yesterday was a horrific day for me - my poor body was assaulted by storms from the south fighting with a front coming from the NW... I feel all the barometric changes - wish it would stop believe me.  DH says he is going to buy me a huge bubble to live with - oh the glory of hearing that.  I wish I could understand why the barometric changes bother me so much.  My arthritis both types kicked into over drive.  I did take a long nap in the morning - Had gotten up early like I did today - and had sewed some on Christine's quilt - 10 blocks again - 41 pieces in each block - oh my - my assembly line methods did well - but although I got some done could not finish it - just could not sit at my sewing machine - so I wrapped myself in an electric blanket and cuddled in my bed - fell asleep - oh glorious sleep - but it only lasted about 2 hours - then I was up and feeling miserable - grouchy - you name it - was not a good day... talked with Barbara and watched her sew - her BB block is beautiful... then we signed off and I just vegged all evening... tried to sew some later - but it hurts...

So watched some tv and read my book...fell asleep - woke up and went to bed... woke at 5 am this morning...not much better - it is raining cats and dogs out but the roof isn't leaking - yippeee!!!! the fix worked finally... a new roof 2 years ago and it has leaked since so got some of that stuff they advertise on TV - DH went up and sprayed it - and no leak today... I am happy - smiling - but hurting... I did finish up month 5 of Christines quilt - those 10 blocks - had to skip month 6 till she sends me some photo blocks - so onto month 7 - 14 blocks - 78 pieces in each - oh my!!!  But I'll cut some out today and see how it goes.  I have to work on Debbie's RR center - have all the ideas of what I am going to do in my head - the material selected - just have to start cutting on that - so my days are set... now to get this body to behave itself...

Yesterday - pain meds did nothing - even took my anti imflammatory - no help - today I am just worn out - that happens when my body fights so much...believe me when I say I do not wish this disease on my worst enemy but sometimes you just wonder - 

I sewed for about 2 hours this morning and think I am going to go eat some breakfast and snuggle in my chair for a little while - read my book and maybe take a nap... sleep is the only escape right now... Love the rain but hate the storm fronts that move with it... I only get rest when the storm is actually here - this one is moving fast... so not rest...

Wet thoughts from Oklahoma today!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,232
Points 17,875
Sheila replied on Thu, Jan 10 2013 7:35 AM | Locked

Annie - Love your space! Would you put me in your will, please???? LOL!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 203
Points 4,430
Brandy (Modern_Mosaic_Mom) replied on Thu, Jan 10 2013 7:49 AM | Locked

Annie - LOVE your sewing space!  Kinda jealous actually.  I just got new to me couches that dwarf my small apartment, so I'm going to have to reorganize and KEEP organized in my sewing area.  Just don't know how yet....

Thea - We had that rain here in North Texas for the last two days.  It finally quit last night while I was at church.

Me - Well, I haven't sewn a stitch since the New Year.  I think I'm a little burned out.  I know that the second I sit down and start sewing again, I'll fall back in love, but for now, work (end of year - I work in Accounting) is kicking my butt.  Hoping to get some sewing in this weekend.

So this year someone in my small group has a resolution: Do something that scares you.  Well, losing weight scares me.  I lost 50 lbs in 2011, but for the wrong reasons and it slowly came back.  In early 2012, I quit smoking (on my DS's birthday), and then the pounds started to really get warmed up and started sprinting back.  It scares me to go through this again because, well, what if I fail again?  Regardless, God's calling me to it, I had a revelation this past Friday, and I'm going to stick to it.

Yesterday, quite last minute, I was provided the opportunity to go through Financial Peace University at my church...for free...IF I completed it.  If I do not complete it, well, I get to pay them $90.00.  Scary.  I nearly backed out, but they have a kid's program up there on Wednesday nights, so I am stepping completely outside of my comfort zone and going through FPU.  It's 9 weeks long, so only 8 to go.  :)

Missing you all.  Sorry I'm not posting much.  I'll get back at it soon.  Thinking and praying for you all as prayer requests come through. 

Brandy

• | Post Points: 65
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,232
Points 17,875
Sheila replied on Thu, Jan 10 2013 7:49 AM | Locked

Kris:

Sheila:
Sorry I've been absent so much!

Good to "see" you Sheila. Hope things are calming down for you. Enjoy your retreats.

Ah, Thanks Kris! I'm finally seeing a light at the end of the tunnel. I going to hand off the computer, printer, and boxes of paperwork this weekend - YeeHAW!! Then I can focus on finishing the organization in my "new" sewing/workshop space and (hopefully) play with "Molly" some next week. Since I've been going non-stop for the last 4+ years, I'm afraid that I'll simply crash, though. Of well, that may not be a bad thing, either. LOL!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 203
Points 4,430
Brandy (Modern_Mosaic_Mom) replied on Thu, Jan 10 2013 8:00 AM | Locked

Shoot!  I knew I forgot something!

SUKOCHI!!!!  I got the fabric square and it is WONDERFUL!!!  I love it!  The golf carts are so my favorites!!!  Thank you so so much!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,604
Points 48,215
Debbie-do replied on Thu, Jan 10 2013 8:03 AM | Locked

Brandy:
Yesterday, quite last minute, I was provided the opportunity to go through Financial Peace University at my church...for free...IF I completed it.  If I do not complete it, well, I get to pay them $90.00.  Scary.  I nearly backed out, but they have a kid's program up there on Wednesday nights, so I am stepping completely outside of my comfort zone and going through FPU.  It's 9 weeks long, so only 8 to go.  :)

Brandy, if you stick with FPU you'll be forever glad you did!  I was able to be part of the presenting end one year and we watched our class dwindle from many to few and that's when it was a 13 week commitment!  Go to Dave Ramsey's web site too to see if he's coming to your area.  He's been to San Antonio several times so I imagine he probably goes to Dallas/FW too!  I volunteered to work one of his presentations and got in free, got a free t-shirt, got a discount on books etc AND got to have dinner with Dave!  I wish losing weight and keeping it off was as easy as taking control of my finances!!  :o)

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,561
Points 246,192
Thea replied on Thu, Jan 10 2013 8:10 AM | Locked

Brandy:
Regardless, God's calling me to it, I had a revelation this past Friday, and I'm going to stick to it.
Brandy, God called me to quit smoking back in 1996.  I did!  But he had been telling me for years to do this and when I did I give all the credit to the Lord.  I thought about it for 4 years - almost every day I had in my mind every day while I lived in Japan that the day I got on the plane to come back the the USA for good I would stop smoking.  I remember that day so clearly.  We went to the airport in Tokyo - we had 3 animal crates - I was bringing back 4 cats and my dog to the USA - the airport manager came to me and said 'OH MY - this will cost you a fortune - I will wave 2 of your crates... so I had them wave the 2 with the cats in so ended up just paying for my dog... I sat there thinking about this in the airport and lit that last cigarette... we then - all of us moved to the line to get on the plane and I threw that cigarette pack in the trash...got on the plane for that 14 hour ride and didn't look back... 

I had to live with my in-laws for 30 days while I comuted 1+30 minutes one way to my job - worked and then would hunt for a home for all of us to live in - not many rent to a woman who has a DH, DS and 5 pets... but finally found a place... All that stress - new job - finding a home - living with the inlaws and quitting smoking - I never thought that I wouldn't be able to do it... I would get up each morning -lower myself to my knees and ask the Lord to help me - not just to not smoke but to not let my lack of nicotine in my body affect anyone else around me - let me keep all those feelings within me... 

I asked the Lord to allow me to make it through each day... at first I wanted a cigarette every day - but each time I wanted one I would say - I'll wait 10 minutes - at first I had to say that a lot but when I made it for an hour and hadn't wanted one - I started saying let me be busy so I don't notice... and he did... be careful what you ask him as he makes things happen...teehee... but he did help me and now it is 2013 and I quit June 1st 1996 and have never smoked a single cigarette since... don't miss them at all either... 

I did gain some weight but not right away... I got sick in 1998 - that was the start - I often wonder if I was still smoking - teehee - it would be worse if I was!  

For those wanting to quit smoking - don't think about the loss of what a cigarette does for you but think each time of all the good things - how you don't have to go outside to smoke in the cold or the rain... how your clothes smell so much better - and how you immune system isn't compromised worse because you smoke... I hate to think how much worse I would be if I was still smoking... list all those good things and look at that each day - it helps - it really does - look at the glass half full instead of half empty ...

Brandy, This opportunity thtat you have to go through Financial Peace University at your church is just awesome - so each day - cuz I know you seem scared you won't finish - just get up and ask the Lord to help you - he will - before you know it you will be graduating with honors... we are here with you - as you said just 8 to go... a short time!!!

Page 354 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 352 353 354 355 356 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use