Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 353 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 351 352 353 354 355 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 697
Points 11,405
Bev replied on Wed, Jan 9 2013 11:46 AM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:

Drizzling rain but 50 degrees. I am so tired of dark, rainy days.

Still not feeling good. Can't figure ut what it is. Must have dumped all my iron and B12 again. Just so tired I don't even want to get up. Went to sew last night and lasted about 20 minties.  Sure wish I could feel better

Hope you get to feeling better. Rainy days are for curling up in bed with a good book with a hot cup of tea followed by a nap. That is if you aren"t up to quilting.

It is raining here and I hear a nap calling me. :-)

Sukochi. if you haven't gone to Wally World yet pick you up one of there Rotiserre (?) Chickens in the Deli if they have them. They are great when you don't feel like cooking.

We usually buy 3 or 4 at a time and my DH picks all of the meat off and we use it for several meals ranging from chicken pot pie,dumplings,soup,enchiladas,etc In fact I used some to make a pizza last night.

from TN

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,324
Points 19,935
Carolyn (CarolBeau) replied on Wed, Jan 9 2013 12:19 PM | Locked

chocake2:

When she took the dog out for a walk he stayed around and asked our permission to date our daughter. That totally cracked me up. 

Oh noes!  Poor guy.  This always seems like the absolute most awkward conversation... :)  Is there any non-humiliating way to ask for a parent's permission to date their daughter (at that age - after getting teased and heckled through dinner)?  lol.  poor guy.  sounds like a good sport though, points for that.  :)

Raleigh, NC

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,033
Points 108,610
chocake2 replied on Wed, Jan 9 2013 1:15 PM | Locked

Bev :

chocake2, okay that got my attention, what is it that you do?

I'm a mom...I do it all.

But, you were referring to employment...  Right now I volenteer as a preperator (sp) at a paleontology research lab (meaning i spend entirely too much time surounded by dead bodies).  In the summer I work as a greeter, give tours of the facility and manage the gift shop.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,033
Points 108,610
chocake2 replied on Wed, Jan 9 2013 1:19 PM | Locked

Carolyn :
or guy.  This always seems like the absolute most awkward conversation... :)  Is there any non-humiliating way to ask for a parent's permission to date their daughter (at that age - after getting teased and heckled through dinner)?  lol.  poor guy.  sounds like a good sport though, points for that.

He most definately got a lot of points yesterday...not just for taking our teasing with grace and dignity, but for having the courage to have that very awkward  converstaion.  And on top of it all, the boys all like him. He's been helping DS1 with his clarinet all fall.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,220
Points 41,005
Donna B replied on Wed, Jan 9 2013 2:12 PM | Locked

MNnancy:

Ha, I'm guessing you warm up quickly with all that cross-county skiing!  Are the trail groomers able to keep up with all the new snow?

YES, and they do a super job!  Only once have I seen them get behind - and that was when the Methow Valley had 5 feet of snow in about 4 days!  That was incredible!!!

There are a few trails not open right now...due to fallen trees (due to the heavy snow-load), but those should be cleared in the next few days).  But over 80% of the trails are open and in beautiful condition.  In fact the skiing has been the best in the last 4-5 years!  And, with this last "dump" we are guaranteed to have groomed tracks through March at least...woo hoo!

Winthrop, WA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,220
Points 41,005
Donna B replied on Wed, Jan 9 2013 2:21 PM | Locked

Plow-guy came...our road has been cleared and our ski class starts in about 90 minutes.  So, we are now back in the "real world"...LOL!  

Wanted to share a couple of new pictures.  This first one is in front of our garage...I set the garbage can where we would back the car out so you can see how much accumulated yesterday and last night (about 15 inches).

The next two are just snowy pictures around the house (from under the roof, cause I was still in my jammies):

Aren't those little snow-cones on the fence-posts cute...LOL!  And no cows in sight, Sukochi... but, DH is in the last photo!

Winthrop, WA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,344
Points 126,144
Spudgrandma replied on Wed, Jan 9 2013 2:25 PM | Locked

Donna, that is the kind of weather that keeps me inside with cup of tea LOL

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 783
Points 12,620
Quiltless replied on Wed, Jan 9 2013 2:37 PM | Locked

Donna!  Brrrrrrr! 

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 783
Points 12,620
Quiltless replied on Wed, Jan 9 2013 2:38 PM | Locked

Deleted

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,324
Points 19,935
Carolyn (CarolBeau) replied on Wed, Jan 9 2013 3:02 PM | Locked

Spudgrandma:

Donna, that is the kind of weather that keeps me inside with cup of tea LOL

That's the kind of weather that keeps me in the part of the country where we don't get that kind of weather.  lol.   It is pretty though.  

Raleigh, NC

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,344
Points 126,144
Spudgrandma replied on Wed, Jan 9 2013 3:05 PM | Locked

Touche Carolyn!

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Wed, Jan 9 2013 4:58 PM | Locked

No - I am only working 2 or 3 days each week.  We just filled out questionaires regarding how many days we are available for working, what days we prefer, etc.  I hope this will lead to a more consistent schedule where you can plan things in advance 'cause you know basically when you will work each week.  Right now it varies A LOT from week to week.

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Wed, Jan 9 2013 7:20 PM | Locked

Finally got my sewing room back after 5 weeks of family in the guest/sewing room.  Feels so good to get it re-organized.  Now my next project is to cut down all my scraps into those lumberyard dimensions.

• | Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,821
Points 85,145
Sukochi replied on Wed, Jan 9 2013 7:34 PM | Locked

Annie, love you sewing room. It is so tidy.

I am so confused with Forum #6 and the new Forum #7. I think Adm. needs to close this one out so we can move on to the next one. No sense posting on to.

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,295
Points 45,755
Angele replied on Wed, Jan 9 2013 8:50 PM | Locked

Spud, this is great news! I'm so glad your daughter got a job so quickly. Great for her self esteem.  I hope the grand kids are adjusting well to their new school.

Angèle  from NWO

Page 353 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 351 352 353 354 355 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use