Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 352 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 350 351 352 353 354 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,804
Points 67,570
Bonita replied on Tue, Jan 8 2013 8:41 PM | Locked

gini:

i'm not complaining elaine,  i love the stuff, heavy or not.  i even like the raindrops coming down today with their little white overcoats on. 

Gini, cute way to just say sleet. LOL

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Tue, Jan 8 2013 9:30 PM | Locked

Geez Girls, you could send some of that moisture my way. This side of the mountain is as dry as a bone.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Tue, Jan 8 2013 9:45 PM | Locked

Bonita:

gini:

i'm not complaining elaine,  i love the stuff, heavy or not.  i even like the raindrops coming down today with their little white overcoats on. 

Gini, cute way to just say sleet. LOL

Sometimes it's sloppy, heavy slush falling from the sky.  We have a chance of freezing rain tonight and tomorrow.  I'd take snow any day over freezing rain.  It's January in Minnesota for heavens sake - whatever happened to our good old cold winters?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Tue, Jan 8 2013 10:02 PM | Locked

MNnancy:
It's January in Minnesota for heavens sake - whatever happened to our good old cold winters?

There stuck in Winthrop, where else!!!  Come on over Nancy...we'll freeze your b..s off...lol!

Winthrop, WA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Tue, Jan 8 2013 10:23 PM | Locked

Ha, I'm guessing you warm up quickly with all that cross-county skiing!  Are the trail groomers able to keep up with all the new snow?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 703
Points 11,570
Bev replied on Tue, Jan 8 2013 11:09 PM | Locked

Donna B:

Patti:
They all lied!  When I got home an couple hours ago, we already had 5 inches new, and it is supposed to snow all night.  It's the heavy stuff again.  In the passes they are supposed to get about 2 feet. 

We were checking the "winter storm warning" this morning and it seems to have been more accurate with the 8-12 inches.  By 1 pm we had 10 inches and it still is snowing heavily...so we may even exceed the 12 inches for today and tonight.  The reason I know for sure that we had 10 inches at 1 pm is that we had to walk 3/4 of a mile UPHILL to our house through it...after our morning "Ol' Farts" ski group get-together and lunch...lol!  So, I had double exercise today...really!!!  After all that, I took a shower, had a cup of tea and took a long nap!  This is such a large storm, I am sure Gini is going to be seeing snow from this one very soon if she hasn't already.

We have our first weekly ski class tomorrow afternoon, but if "plow-guy" doesn't get here, we won't be going anywhere...at least until he does!  But don't anyone worry about us, we are warm and cozy with plenty of food and things to do (quilts) and if need be, we could walk down to the car by the highway and drive to town (a lot easier than walking back up).  And, that wood fire feels mighty nice right now...

I know that all of you in "Snow Country" are use to a lot of that white stuff and even enjoy it.  I am glad to hear that you all are warm and cozy and hope you all stay that way Oh and all of you skiers stay safe!!

from TN

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,832
Points 40,015
ls2116 replied on Wed, Jan 9 2013 12:14 AM | Locked

I'm gonna cut squares today... that is unless we get another phone call to run to FIL house 84 yr old stroke pt. bedridden for over a year... or more now has a notion that he wants help to start walking after his muscles have atrophied I don't know is that considered dementia??  At least my BIL now has outside help but each time the phone rings we have to jump to the occasion and help.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Wed, Jan 9 2013 8:07 AM | Locked

Wish me luck, HAve to brave Walmart again. No telling what germs I will bring home today. That place is a hot bed!!

Drizzling rain but 50 degrees. I am so tired of dark, rainy days.

Still not feeling good. Can't figure ut what it is. Must have dumped all my iron and B12 again. Just so tired I don't even want to get up. Went to sew last night and lasted about 20 minties.  Sure wish I could feel better. ROn said a prayer for me on the phone yesterday.

Found out there is no problems at Church. I misunderstood. This was an old problem from two years ago that a former member, who now lives Mexico, brought up again.. 

Guess I better get dressed and head to town. Errands happen, far to regularily.

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Wed, Jan 9 2013 8:43 AM | Locked

Patti:
I don't have to go anywhere tomorrow, so I can just relax.

Hope you stayed warm yesterday and did not get too much of the white stuff. It got warm enough here yesterday that the roads are pretty much clear, but we are supposed to have more snow in a couple of days (I know we don't get anything compared to you guys, but it is plenty for me LOL) I hope the roads stay clear so I can go to town tomorrow.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Wed, Jan 9 2013 8:48 AM | Locked

I'm home today with my 5-year-old grandson, so it will be another low key day. I got a little done in my bedroom yesterday and hope to get a bit more done today. I hope I can get my sewing machine set up soon. I would really like to try my hand at PP, we will see.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Wed, Jan 9 2013 9:09 AM | Locked

Oh, one thing I forgot,a nd am a totally bad great aunt for forgetting to mentio this. Our great Nephew, who is one and a half, is a model in the new Mud Pie catalog. Go to their website and check him out. He is so dang cute. He is on three pages. One in a robe, one in a high chari with one cherrio visible on the bottom right of the picture, and one in a outfit with a hat.  Watch out Justin Beiber,  Cam is in the house!!

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Wed, Jan 9 2013 10:37 AM | Locked

Congradulations, to your g-nephew Sukochi. I'm sure he's adorable.

I spent the better part of the afternoon at work yesterday - kind of a spontanious thing. I managed to get two more bones cleaned and glued, so that was nice thing. Sprout was a little clingy and fussy when we first got there, but Bossman took him so I could work. He 'growled' the little guy to sleep. I've never seen anything quite like it. The baby would start to fuss a bit and BM would snarl. Baby grinned and settled back down. Then he'd stir again and BM would growl again, more grins and finally sleep... they napped together for nearly 2 hours while I worked!

Sprout pulled up on one of the office chairs before we left. It rolled and he did a face plant right into the coaster, resulting in a bit lip and his first bloody nose. Poor little guy.

I came home with his snot, drool and blood all over my sweater, bits of decayed animal tissue (well...OK, if you wanna be picky about it, after 70 million years  - its dirt. Good, old fashioned, Dirt. Dust to dust...)  in my hair and on my clothes and super glue on my hands. I walked in the door to discover that DD had invited her friend over for dinner.... I hadn't even figured out what to cook yet!  Of course DD told me I had to behave myself and mind my manners    ...can you think of a better invitation do do just the opposite?? DH and I teased and heckled him til he was the most delightful shade of red.  (DD may never forgive us!) But to give him his due, he took it all with grace and even tried to tease me a little.  When she took the dog out for a walk he stayed around and asked our permission to date our daughter. That totally cracked me up. He's a nice kid, and he's had it BAD for DD for more then a year. She dated his best freind for a bit last summer and I never even got that young man to acknowledge a greeting. It'll be interesting to see how things play out this time...

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Wed, Jan 9 2013 11:05 AM | Locked

CC, I love reading about your day, it always gives me a chuckle. I read your posts in this thread when I was having a bad day and not feeling well, and your stories always lifted my spirits.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 703
Points 11,570
Bev replied on Wed, Jan 9 2013 11:25 AM | Locked

chocake2:

I spent the better part of the afternoon at work yesterday - kind of a spontanious thing. I managed to get two more bones cleaned and glued, so that was nice thing.

chocake2, okay that got my attention, what is it that you do?

from TN

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,232
Points 17,875
Sheila replied on Wed, Jan 9 2013 11:28 AM | Locked

LOL, CC! Spudgrandma is right, your posts are always a good read! I hope that some of us can give back to you with ours the way you do with yours.

I always wanted to be an archaeologist (and this was wayyyy before Indiana Jones) and somehow ended up in Accounting. ~sigh~ maybe in my next life~

Page 352 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 350 351 352 353 354 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use