Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 347 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 345 346 347 348 349 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Mon, Jan 7 2013 6:44 PM | Locked

Ginny and Nana, this is wonderful news for each of you. Now, back to life as you knew!!

Got to the LQS, drroled over the new machines, bought so bright spring fabric for last year. She is cleaning some things out. Saw some beautiful backing fabric. Just gorgeous, also $18.00 a yard.  Got another mail order in today. My grey threads and the two spingy fabrics I bought from them.  My 9 yards should be coming in a week. Jim said that is it for this year. We'll see about that.

Heard that there is scandal in our Church. Not sure what but ROn told me I would hear chatter about a family, in our church, in trouble and be in prayer for them.  he also said not to let it upset me. He knows me, all right. I had called him becuase I had been told that a POasor in another OCunty had committed suicide. I was just beside myself about it.

Jim and I ,neither one, feel good today. Totally clogged heads. Can't hear, so much pressure. Hope we are not getting the creeping crud that is going around here. Sunday, I hugged a lady, who is our songbird at Church, and she had a terrible cold. And I KNEW IT. What was I thinking.

That is the big news around here. Hope everyone is well tonight.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,727
Points 437,045
Nana replied on Mon, Jan 7 2013 6:45 PM | Locked

MNnancy:

Nana:
and I have full ROM in the neck. WooHoo.

I know what RAM is in a computer.  What is ROM in the neck?

So glad to hear the pain is gone!

Nancy

ROM is range of motion.   Sorry that medical background coming out....LOL

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Mon, Jan 7 2013 6:46 PM | Locked

gini:

debbie, your granddaughter is a cutie, and

CC your heffalumps are pretty cute, too

sukochi, you are making some very cool postcards?   or are they envelopes,  whichever they are very nice. 

Gini, they are post cards. I am in a post card swap group. It is just so much fun.  Thanks to you all for your kind words. I am sure proud, of them as I do not have much of a creative mind. But, I can follow patterns. And, these post cards don't have patterns. It's all in my head.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,727
Points 437,045
Nana replied on Mon, Jan 7 2013 6:54 PM | Locked

Thanks everyone for all the wonderful thoughts and prayers over the last few weeks.  They have been much appreciated.   Now to get back to turning out tents....LOL. 

Ginny it is wonderful to hear that you are well on the road to recovery. 

Sukochi sorry to hear that you and Jim are feeling poorly.  There are so many nasty bugs going around right now that it is almost scary to go out in public...LOL

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Mon, Jan 7 2013 7:35 PM | Locked

Nana and Ginny, so glad you both have good medical news for us!  And what a relief for both of you!!!  Here's hoping the next few weeks will show all the improvement you are expecting (without any wood-chopping Nana..lol).

After the senior exercise class this morning, I dropped by our Senior Center's Rummage Room just to see if there was anything new.  Now this is a small town, small operation and most everything there goes for $3.00 a GROCERY BAG...yes, that is correct...up from $2.00 about 5 years ago (inflation finally set in with them too).

They have a corner for any fabric that may have been donated, but I have never been lucky enough to see anything there worthwhile.  Well, today was my lucky day!!!

I got my sack full for $3.00 that included the following:

Four photo frame panels (I probably will cut up for scraps):

Four Dresden Plate Pillow Panels  (I may add these to my 2012 Craftsy BOM quilt):

Just look at the fabric pieces in this Turkey pillow panel!  I love the fabrics and will most likely cut it up for scraps too.

I am not a Buffalo Bills fan, but I know someone on here is!  So, I couldn't resist picking up this piece with six blocks (3 of each) of those shown here.  If you are interested in them, pm me and I will mail them to you!  (Otherwise, they will go in my scrap box, for sure...lol!)

There was also a lot of children's prints including 4 panels of Noah's Ark with patterns to make stuffed animals to put in the ark...very cute.  But again, not something I am interested in.  But for $3.00,  I got a LOT of nice fabric with a large variety of prints, colors, values, textures, etc.  It was a very good day!!!

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 65
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 57
Points 1,570
Donna replied on Mon, Jan 7 2013 7:53 PM | Locked
Nice find, Donna. Quite a bargain for $3.00. I like the turkey panel colors, too. Fall colors are a favorite of mine. I'm sure you'll find a Bills lover easily enough. Being out west I'm a long time 49er's fan, so it's not for me. Happy scrapping! Hugs, Donna in Oregon.
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Mon, Jan 7 2013 8:10 PM | Locked

Yay Nana!! Happy news, Ginny!

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Mon, Jan 7 2013 8:10 PM | Locked

Donna:
Being out west I'm a long time 49er's fan, so it's not for me.

Growing up in Oregon City, I am an original 49er's fan...LOL!

Donna (from Oregon...now in Winthrop, WA)

Winthrop, WA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,727
Points 437,045
Nana replied on Mon, Jan 7 2013 9:37 PM | Locked

Donna B

I have made one of those turkeys.  They turn out really cute and are so fun to put out at Thanksgiving time.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Mon, Jan 7 2013 9:46 PM | Locked

I was hopping with excitement when the mail carrier dropped off a card saying there was a big box waiting for me at the post office.  I picked it up on my way to the church for my evening shift with the homeless families.  I'm' home now, and  I just realized it's still in the back of my car.  It has to be my eBay Singer Featherweight, and I don't dare open it now or I won't sleep all night, so I guess you'll all have to wait until morning for a picture.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,798
Points 67,525
Bonita replied on Mon, Jan 7 2013 9:53 PM | Locked

Nancy you sure got it quick. I wouldn't sleep all night knowing it was still in the car.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Mon, Jan 7 2013 11:43 PM | Locked

Bonita:

Nancy you sure got it quick. I wouldn't sleep all night knowing it was still in the car.

Me neither!!!  Who knows, the sewing machine oil might freeze or the rubber belts might crumble to dust!  

Plus, I would be just too excited to wait...

Winthrop, WA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Mon, Jan 7 2013 11:50 PM | Locked

What fun Nancy, cannot wait for the pictures.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,449
Points 47,720
Angele replied on Tue, Jan 8 2013 7:03 AM | Locked

Nana and Ginny it's great to hear both of you are on the mend!  Soon we'll see all the things you thought of and planned during recovery.

sukochi, I hope that nasty cold/flu bug will leave your home quick without any more pains for you and Jim.  Cc I love your beads. So you made effelumps, now will you make whoozzles?  Duckies are cute.

by now Nancy I imagine you are admiring your featherweight.  Hope to see pictures soon!

Angèle  from NWO

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Tue, Jan 8 2013 7:23 AM | Locked

Nana wonderful new on your check up . Yipee!! Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Page 347 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 345 346 347 348 349 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use