Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 344 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 342 343 344 345 346 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,488
Points 362,222
Kris replied on Mon, Jan 7 2013 3:15 AM | Locked

Kelley:
I picked this up today for a possible border for my Day and Night quilt..Even if I don't use it for that.. I just love the fabric and ended up buying what they had left on the bolt...lol..

Gorgeous fabric, Kelley. Whatever you use it in will be stunning.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,488
Points 362,222
Kris replied on Mon, Jan 7 2013 3:19 AM | Locked

Angele:
i got a very sad news today, and am still troubled by it.  One of the students I worked with years ago was found dead today in his apartment. Might be a suicide.

How awful. 

Angele:
I am truly troubled.

I'll say a prayer for you.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,286
Points 173,448
Marie replied on Mon, Jan 7 2013 7:05 AM | Locked

Kelly, your border fabric for your Day and Night quilt is gorgeous!  It would also make a great Stack and Whack quilt, if you have the desire.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,286
Points 173,448
Marie replied on Mon, Jan 7 2013 7:08 AM | Locked

Angele, pleas add my prayers to yours for that poor young man.  My heart goes out to his family and friends, how horrible.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,286
Points 173,448
Marie replied on Mon, Jan 7 2013 7:18 AM | Locked

Cute, CC.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,286
Points 173,448
Marie replied on Mon, Jan 7 2013 7:20 AM | Locked

Brandy, Happy Birthday to your DS, looks like you had a fun celebration.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,286
Points 173,448
Marie replied on Mon, Jan 7 2013 7:23 AM | Locked

Nancy, I don't even have my own language down yet, let alone French!  :  )

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 43,630
Vivian replied on Mon, Jan 7 2013 8:24 AM | Locked

I got up in the middle of the night because I couln't sleep and did paperwork for a few hours.  Now that its morning, Im going to feed the cats and hit the hay for a few hours.  I didn't realize how bad my organization was getting after we moved our business home. Paper all over the place except where it should be, which is in a nice labled file.   I have so much to find and file that it should keep me busy for a couple of days.

I was on the National Geographic site yesterday and they have so many trips.  I am looking at one to Belize that involves kayaking, hiking , snokeling and a lot of other new things to do.  Much better than the swim up bars and shopping of a traditional tropical holiday.  I hope.  I am doing a good job of talking mself into it. 

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,253
Points 239,992
Thea replied on Mon, Jan 7 2013 8:28 AM | Locked

Okay, I am out of bed!  That is a good thing today!  I woke and - oh my - I stretched and did my range of motion exercises and moved to my chair... then I started to freeze - hmmmm - cold - Barbara was cold in her house yesterday and I was toasty warm... noticed one of my space heaters was turned off....hmmm - it was warm yesterday - today it is cold cold cold - so turned it on - went looking for an extra quilt to put on the chair - only one I could find readily available was caterwauling - so I have it on top of my - folded in 4 layers and it still covers that whole chair...teehee... but I am starting to get toasty warm underneath.

I am almost back to normal - almost - I think one more day and the effects of the trip will be behind me - then I just have to deal with the normal arthritis issues - they are no fun but I am used to them...

have to figure out something for dinner - not sure what I am hungry for - last night had spaghetti and the night before a roast - could have leftovers  - roast spaghetti...teehee... see - in a good mood today...

well, need to shorten this up -hands are hurting and do not want to type anymore... 

adios from Oklahoma - till later!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020
MelodyP MO/KS replied on Mon, Jan 7 2013 8:44 AM | Locked
Well, I'm up and my lungs are almost working. I have to figure out where all my stuff is. In getting ready for Christmas my sewing things ended up in several different places and it's driving me crazy!!!! I still need to do the morning routine with Mom, but it takes more air than I have right now. I have to start on the Snowman blocks but they are a technique I haven't done so I have to get myself talked into it. blah! I keep thinking about home and my sewing room...... Oh well it's there and I'm in Ks. Someday I'll see it and my puppies! Poor me LOL. My daughter called me and asked if burlap could be used in a quilt. UMMMM. I don't think she liked my answer, but it is what it is! lol. I will be on skype today sewing.

MelodyP

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,106
Points 109,560
chocake2 replied on Mon, Jan 7 2013 9:05 AM | Locked

Aww....Another new day. :) Got my caffeine in front of me and am preparing to  start another adventure. The kids are out the door. Sprout and his daddy are still snoozing. It's just me and the quiet for the moment.

I woke up with a sore throat and an ear ache last night and figured that I was about to succomb to the virus that's had everyone else pinned down all week, but I feel fine now (knock on wood). Today is our town day so I am kinda holding my breath that it passed by me in the night.

Happy Mommy Day, Brandy. You're son and his pal in their matching camo hats is just too sweet. LOL

Vivian, you should know that we're working with Nat Geo to set up a tour package to our facilities, too... You could book one to come see me - after you get bck from the tropics, of course. LOL

You know if everyone keeps posting that fab print, I might end up going out and buying some for myself. Kindly Stop temping me with more project ideas!!! You all know how weak I am. That's just not fair...    and If DD sees it I really am done for, since her fave colors involve purple and green. (She'd figure out a way to add some orange to it...)

I made a couple of elephant face beads last night after my last post. They're kind of rough but cute. They're flat on back so I might use 'em on an art quilt.  Funny how I am most drawn to the more elegant art beads, and yet all I seem to make is character beads. Guess thats Ok since my quilts all seem to become rather whimsical... might as well have sweet embellishments to add to 'em.

The heffalumpies are gonna have to go live with my brother, I think. Maybe plant as picks... He's too much of a man's man to want lavender beads where anyone would think they were his. Mom always had a thing for Pink Hephalumps (they hid under our beds at night and scared away monsters!!) and i ws thinking of her while I made them. I'm sure that if I send them off to him, he'll feel her with him too.

Have a super duper day, Ladies!

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Mon, Jan 7 2013 9:25 AM | Locked

Debbie (Dainty):

Your GD is adorable Debbie, she did a wonderful job on her envelopes. I just love to see the new generation of quilters and sewers, just imagine what wonderful toys they will have down the road - but the basics will still be the same and we will have been able to teach them, what a wonderful legacy.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,286
Points 173,448
Marie replied on Mon, Jan 7 2013 9:26 AM | Locked

chocake2:
Mom always had a thing for Pink Hephalumps (they hid under our beds at night and scared away monsters!!) and i ws thinking of her while I made them. I'm sure that if I send them off to him, he'll feel her with him too.

What a good sister you are, such a sweet thing to do.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Mon, Jan 7 2013 9:30 AM | Locked

Patti:

I just spent the whole day cleaning and organizing my sewing room.  Ye gads.  I've got to finish some things so I have more room. 

You could come and do mine now LOL... I have to get in my BR and finish the job I started before I got sick and then maybe I can make a place for me to sew. Maybe this afternoon..:)

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,848
Points 85,805
Sukochi replied on Mon, Jan 7 2013 9:31 AM | Locked

My Mom had a big thing for prescription drugs and alcohol. Guess I could give my DS1&2 some Dalmane and a Miller Lite!

Sukochi

Page 344 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 342 343 344 345 346 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use