Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 343 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 341 342 343 344 345 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Sun, Jan 6 2013 8:23 PM | Locked

Angele

How very sad.  I will say a prayer for both of you.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Sun, Jan 6 2013 8:31 PM | Locked

My sympathy, Angele. I'm sure you are rattled by the news.

Kelley, love your blocks and pretty borader print.

Dh lit a fire for me and warmed up the shop while he was working on the washer. I got some new glass this week, in a color the manufacture calls "Heffalump" ... so I made little lumpy Heffalump Hephalumps. LOL Then I got distracted and made a few little quackers, too.  :D

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,568
Points 30,579
Kelley replied on Sun, Jan 6 2013 8:33 PM | Locked

Nana:

Kelley

OMG.  I had some of that exact fabric that I have one block wonders cut from.  Haven't finished the quilt yet though.

Thats it...lol.. This means it has to be Nana sized..lol...

Im thinking about blocks from others colors pulled from border fabric or maybe flower applique in 2ndary blocks with colors pulled from border...

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,568
Points 30,579
Kelley replied on Sun, Jan 6 2013 8:46 PM | Locked

My sympathy, Angele...

Chocake great glass Hemffalumps and Duckies...

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 203
Points 4,430

Angeles - my heart breaks for you. I will keep you and him and his family in my prayers. I agree, it must be a terribly lonely place to be to only see that as a way out. 

CC - oh my gosh!!! The hephalumps are adorable!!! Totally one of my (many) favorite cartoon characters! 

Today was my DS's birthday. I read the scripture for first service at church. It was less nerve wracking than ever before!! Praise God! I don't like to be in front of crowds, so this is definitely one of my many "get out of your box" things.

We celebrated DS's birthday with most of the small group ice skating and pizza. Here is a picture collage of the guys. His mentor is on the right and another one of our friends is on the left of him. :) it was a blessed day indeed!!! My big 7 year old little man! 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sun, Jan 6 2013 9:18 PM | Locked

Have a bit of catching up to do.  It's our week to shelter the homeless again at church, so that ties me up.

Nana:
Also checked out a really nice Baby Lock Unity.  They had a really great price on that baby.

And???  You didn't walk out of the store without it, did you?

Robyn:
Now the fun is over and I have to go work on installing some beadboard ceiling...

Oh, is that all?  I'm sure you'll find more time to sew by the end of the day.  Just kidding!  I think painting ceilings is bad enough.  Installing them?!!

Marie:
Nancy, you read my mind but who am I to bust up a budding love affair.  You keep forgetting, I don't prowl attached men.

Not saying you should go after that one, Marie.  I just thought if learning French helped Patti's daughter land such a cutie, that you might want to try that tactic, too.

Debbie (Dainty):

So precious, Deb!  I hope you're going to print and frame this picture.

Kelley:

I picked this up today for a possible border for my Day and Night quilt..Even if I don't use it for that.. I just love the fabric and ended up buying what they had left on the bolt...lol..

Kelley, I love your D&N blocks and I love your border fabric, so I had to shrink your picture down (like looking at it from a distance) to see if I liked them together.  Not sure...  Maybe with a solid inner border first.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,758
Points 66,980
Bonita replied on Sun, Jan 6 2013 10:01 PM | Locked

Kelli, love your night & day blocks. I guess your choice of border fabric is popular, someone on the Bom 2013 used it for their center and Nana, you and me.

here is one of the blocks that I sewed wrong and had to pick out 42 of them. Still picking out the thread bits. :(

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,568
Points 30,579
Kelley replied on Sun, Jan 6 2013 10:19 PM | Locked

Kelley, I love your D&N blocks and I love your border fabric, so I had to shrink your picture down (like looking at it from a distance) to see if I liked them together.  Not sure...  Maybe with a solid inner border first.

MNancy... I agree.. a dark solid inner border would be good...Thanks

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,180
Jacy replied on Sun, Jan 6 2013 11:12 PM | Locked

Debbie (Dainty):
My 6yo Granddaughter with her very first project.

Very cute and talented grand-daughter. My 6yr old saw her and quickly said "oh...can you buy me a sewing machine too?"

She's done some hand sewing with felt but I guess it's time to move up to the sewing machine now.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,180
Jacy replied on Sun, Jan 6 2013 11:19 PM | Locked

chocake2:
 I can just imagine what would happen if we were to get your kids and mine together in the same room! Our stashs' would never be the same again. LOL

Yikes CC, that sounds like a giant mess, I make enough mess in my sewing room all by myself. I bet there'd be some great creative projects though by the end of the day, to bad we don't live closer,  they'd have a lot of fun!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,180
Jacy replied on Sun, Jan 6 2013 11:25 PM | Locked

Marie:

Jacy, great quilt your 10 year old son is putting together.  Was it his idea to keep a constant in it?

No, that was my idea. I figured he could add whatever fabrics he wanted and the constant would pull it together, looks like it worked. I was trying to keep it simple too, he often draws elaborate designs that he want me to make into a quilt. I figured this would keep him busy but not need too much input from me, that way I could get some sewing done too.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,180
Jacy replied on Sun, Jan 6 2013 11:27 PM | Locked

Bonita and Kelli, that is just gorgeous fabric you are both using. Those are going to be beautiful quilts.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,821
Points 365,922
Kris replied on Mon, Jan 7 2013 3:03 AM | Locked

Jacy:
My son is working on a quilt right now, lots of different fabrics but 1 constant fabric

Very cool Jacy.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,821
Points 365,922
Kris replied on Mon, Jan 7 2013 3:05 AM | Locked

Debbie (Dainty):
My 6yo Granddaughter with her very first project. Felt Envalopes....She got a sewing machine from santa.

Beautiful child. Cute envelopes. Good job.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,821
Points 365,922
Kris replied on Mon, Jan 7 2013 3:06 AM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:
Oh, btw, here is my Valentine postcard for that swap. Need a bit of grooming. I used threads cut from washed fabrics.

That's awesome Sukochi.

Page 343 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 341 342 343 344 345 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use