Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 342 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 340 341 342 343 344 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,529
Points 177,453
Marie replied on Sun, Jan 6 2013 2:50 PM | Locked

chocake2:
His sister got hammered last night.

CC, watch your mouth (fingers), in my world hammered means drunk!  Just saying.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,529
Points 177,453
Marie replied on Sun, Jan 6 2013 2:51 PM | Locked

Judy, so sorry about your SIL.  Prayers going up for you and your family.  God Bless.  (((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 794
Points 12,820
Quiltless replied on Sun, Jan 6 2013 2:51 PM | Locked

Debbie (Dainty):

Hi all,

I usually don't post to much but I did have to share this. My 6yo Granddaughter with her very first project. Felt Envalopes....She got a sewing machine from santa. And DD gave her the sewing lesson. Keeping hands apart and different stitches. ;)

Deb

Absolutely adorable!  Sweet project too. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,529
Points 177,453
Marie replied on Sun, Jan 6 2013 2:53 PM | Locked

Jacy, great quilt your 10 year old son is putting together.  Was it his idea to keep a constant in it?

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,529
Points 177,453
Marie replied on Sun, Jan 6 2013 2:57 PM | Locked

What a cutie pie she is, Debbie.  Her envelopes look nicely done.  Another budding quilter in our midst! 

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,529
Points 177,453
Marie replied on Sun, Jan 6 2013 3:01 PM | Locked

I love your postcard Sukochi, very pretty!

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,529
Points 177,453
Marie replied on Sun, Jan 6 2013 3:47 PM | Locked

Robin your wine butler is very cute, your hostess will love it!

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Sun, Jan 6 2013 4:37 PM | Locked

Nice quiet Sunday.   

Debbie - your DGD is a cutie and a budding artist as well!

Love the postcard Sukochi.  Our sewing guild took a class over in Senoia where we made a wall hanging using the method that CC described with the tulle.  We made wall hangings.  They really turned out nicely. 

Hubby spent the afternoon planting "twigs" that he got for making a donation somewhere.  Some crape myrtles and Rose of Sharon.  We use little orange marker flags to warn the kids where not to drive with the 4-wheeler or mow with the tractor. 

We were really busy at the shop yesterday.  Day started with "Strip Club" at 8:30 followed by Anita Goodesign Embroidery Club.  I picked up my packet and have already swapped out the design pack that I didn't like.  It was called "GAMING' and had stuff like a roulette wheel and dice.  I swapped it for a Country Angel collection.  Then Sherrie did a mystery quilt class from 10 until 4 - revealing the next step each hour.  The gals had a lot of fun doing that. We had customers in the store well after 4 P.M. again.  Dave had already walked the dogs by the time I got home but I needed to "wind down" so I took them out for two more laps. 

I am sending in a reservation tomorrow for a digitizing seminar in May taught by the head designer for Anita Goodesign.  Because I am a club member, I get $100 off the fee.  By signing up early, I will get a $250 voucher to spend at the seminar plus a Florian goody box.  I wasn't going to go because it is the Fri and Sat before we go for our vacation at Edisto Island but Dave told me to go ahead and sign up.  We will just go to Charlotte first for my seminar and then drive over to Edisto on Sunday.  Now I know why I like this guy so much.  :o)

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,558
Points 246,072
Thea replied on Sun, Jan 6 2013 6:47 PM | Locked

Marge - I used to get teh Anita Goodesigns embroidery packs - belonged to her club for a year - then she started designing for just the large hoops and it wasn't worth my money as each of the cards might have only 2 designs I could use... so I cancelled my membership - I have so many designs from embroidery library that I will never use them all - I did like doing some of Anita's that made into small wall hangings - but alas - I decided I really liked making quilts more... I did get some of her baby ones though to put on bibs and burp cloths for my grands...You must have one of the machines with the large hoops - my largest is 5x7.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Sun, Jan 6 2013 7:17 PM | Locked

Marie:

chocake2:
His sister got hammered last night.

CC, watch your mouth (fingers), in my world hammered means drunk!  Just saying.

You're right, Marie. That should have read "Got hammered by it"

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Sun, Jan 6 2013 7:32 PM | Locked

Yippy!Hurray! Yay!! Dh may not have the slightest idea how to use a washing machine, but he can fix one! He tore it apart this afternoon and found the problem. He made quick work of the repairs and DD has been running it all day. The problem was a pretty purple push-pin (or what he termed "a #$%&& **^%%$ 0f  **^% piece of *&&%$# Plastic!")  that somehow made it through the filter trap and got jammed the impeller on the pump motor.  If we'd had to call a repairman and pay his travel  plus labor and buy a new pump, it would have cost us nearly as much as we paid for the machine. I think Hubby definately earned a pie.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,571
Points 30,609
Kelley replied on Sun, Jan 6 2013 7:51 PM | Locked

Sukochi.. great envelopes.... She is doing great.. and look at that smile..

Robyn  Great wine butler.. thats a great gift idea...

What have I been doing... well I put a couple of my small quilts for sale on Ebay.. well se how that goes...lol..

Benn working on my Day and Night quilt top... It seems I need too make a couple more and a couple more blocks... I may end up with a a tent quilt like Nanas..lol..

I picked this up today for a possible border for my Day and Night quilt..Even if I don't use it for that.. I just love the fabric and ended up buying what they had left on the bolt...lol..

• | Post Points: 125
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,247
Points 25,235
Elizabeth replied on Sun, Jan 6 2013 8:03 PM | Locked

OHHHH, Kelly, I love that fabric.  I think it goes great with you  day and night.  Let us know how it goes on ebay.

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,449
Points 47,720
Angele replied on Sun, Jan 6 2013 8:03 PM | Locked

It is so nice to come here and see that every one is going back to their routine with the added bonus of a few goals for the new year.

i got a very sad news today, and am still troubled by it.  One of the students I worked with years ago was found dead today in his apartment. Might be a suicide.  I am blown away. He was such a kind young man, working two jobs, always with a kind smile. I can't imagine my life being so dark and bleak that the only way out is suicide. I am truly troubled. I can only pray that his soul finds the peace he seeked.

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 95
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,727
Points 437,045
Nana replied on Sun, Jan 6 2013 8:22 PM | Locked

Kelley

OMG.  I had some of that exact fabric that I have one block wonders cut from.  Haven't finished the quilt yet though.

Vinton, Virginia

Page 342 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 340 341 342 343 344 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use