Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 341 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 339 340 341 342 343 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,720
Nana replied on Sun, Jan 6 2013 9:44 AM | Locked

Sukochi

Your postcard is beautiful.  You did a great job using all those loose threads.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,650
Points 135,977
Leslie replied on Sun, Jan 6 2013 10:21 AM | Locked

Sukochi, love your postcard

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,027
Points 13,040

How wonderful. My GDs are 3 and 5. I wanted to get the 5 yo a machine this year but mom had a cow. She said there is too much stuff in the house now and she doesn't sew. I will definitely get it next year and leave it at GGM house since I go there once a month. I can work with her on those weekends. I usually take the girls for the weekend when I visit. 

Deb, this is very inspirational to this GM. Thanks for posting. 

aka Grandma Sunshine

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,027
Points 13,040

Love it!

aka Grandma Sunshine

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 265
Points 4,945
Lesley replied on Sun, Jan 6 2013 10:44 AM | Locked

Sukochi

What a beautiful postcard never seen anything like it before.

Well we have had a laid back day here in UK. Weather not great but dry so that's a bonus as it has been so very wet recently. DH picked up the Sunday paper while I had my "usual " soak in the bath ( only since I fell have I had a soak every morning eases the pain a bit) Pottered most of the day. It's now 4.30 pm here and dark so feel the day has gone.

He has cut a couple of tile to fit round the pipes on our lovely shiny new chrome towel warmers in the bathrooms. I have done a bit of washing even hung it on the line but it was not very dry when I brought it indoors. I wanted to continue with the quilt top I am doing for my DS2 and DIL but I always feel guilty when DH is around so l will  continue with it tomorrow when he is back at work.

I am still off sick, in UK we get a note from the DR to state we are not fit for work I am "signed off until 16th January " so I aim to do as much quilting as I can or rather as my back will allow. Once I get back to work I will have less time to do what is becoming such a wonderful pastime.

It is 6 months today that we lost my Dad, it suddenly dawned on me in the middle of a conversation with my brother so we both had "a moment" I miss him so so much but I am sure it will get easier.

I have also had a text message that DS1 and fiancee are home from Canada and have had a fab holiday, I am always more settled when my boys are back in the same country.

silly I know.

Hope you all have a peaceful Sunday.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 8
Points 455
Robyn replied on Sun, Jan 6 2013 11:09 AM | Locked

Well, it's not quilting, but I did make a little housewarming gift for a couple friends who are having a party on the 19th.  They've insisted on no gifts, but I figure they can't object to this very much.  It's called a Wine Butler and I picked up the pattern in a lovely quilt shop up in Watkins Glen, NY this past fall.

Now the fun is over and I have to go work on installing some beadboard ceiling...

- Robyn

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Sun, Jan 6 2013 11:44 AM | Locked

Nana:

Sukochi

Your postcard is beautiful.  You did a great job using all those loose threads.

Let me tell you a story about those threads. As I was pulling various colored fabrics out of the washer, I was cutting off loose threads and just putting them in a pile. When I got that done, I noticed that there was a really pretty pattern there. So, I pushed them down and took them into the sewing room, where I set them on the table to dry. When they were dry I went to use them on my card. I set them on the background fabric and stippled over them with grey thread. It was easy and a great way to hold them down. My stippling is not good, though, as I had never tried it before.

When I just went to open this thread from my email, I got a big ad pop up on my screen. From QCA about checking my credit score!! Has anyone else had this happen. It called me a QCA visitor.

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Sun, Jan 6 2013 11:49 AM | Locked

Thea, I know I can write on fabric. I use a Pigma pen to write the info on the back of my postcards. I was wonderfing if I could write on FELT. Think that would be tricky. But, will give it a shot this aft.

Where do I get the pattern for the envelope, though!

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,105
Points 109,540
chocake2 replied on Sun, Jan 6 2013 12:54 PM | Locked

Love those pretty felt envolopes Donna. Your Grand did a terrific job!

Sukochi, another neat little trick with those loose threads is to lay a piece of tulle or  bridal netting over them and then stiple it together. The extra layer helps keep the threads from moving around so much and catching on your presser foot when you sew 'em down.  The tulle will lend a bit of color to your project while  netting is usually  more subtle. I use the technique when I add Angelica fibers to projects.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,649
Points 37,320
ls2116 replied on Sun, Jan 6 2013 1:46 PM | Locked

I am trying to catch my breath feels like I'm on a treadmill without end there is always something to do and haven't found time or organization for sewing .  Hurry up Spring so I can get some furniture out of house and feel less cramped.  DH is back to work but I'm trying to reorganize this impossible mess just so I can sew, after tree came down squezing in my new recliner and moving two rockers I lost my first floor sewing area I might just start sewing on kitchen table again.

Jacy I hope your feeling better those irregular heartbeats can be very scary  I've also experienced them but with me it just really helps if i don't eat chocolate and other things .  Plus I try to be more like my DH he doesn't worry about anything he leaves that for me.

Still have idea of baby quilt just don't know when i'll get it cut.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,261
Points 173,143
Marie replied on Sun, Jan 6 2013 2:32 PM | Locked

Nana, my DGD wore mis-matched socks from elementary into middle school, that was her statement.  I liked that one better than her current, painted on jeans.  

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,261
Points 173,143
Marie replied on Sun, Jan 6 2013 2:34 PM | Locked

Patti, beautiful daughter and I love her friends smile.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,261
Points 173,143
Marie replied on Sun, Jan 6 2013 2:39 PM | Locked

Nancy, you read my mind but who am I to bust up a budding love affair.  You keep forgetting, I don't prowl attached men.  I may lurk in the wings, just saying.  :  )

Millbury, MA

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 789
Points 12,705
Quiltless replied on Sun, Jan 6 2013 2:42 PM | Locked

Marie:

Nana, my DGD wore mis-matched socks from elementary into middle school, that was her statement.  I liked that one better than her current, painted on jeans.  

My DS wore mis-matched Van shoes as his statement (mid-1980s.)  "Who said they have to match?" 

We wore painted on jeans and tights and tops that matched in the mid-1960s.  Then came hip hugger bell-bottoms and guitar strip fabric sewn about 3 - 4 inches from the jean hems.  The good thing about fashion is, if it is really bad, it won't last very long. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,261
Points 173,143
Marie replied on Sun, Jan 6 2013 2:47 PM | Locked

Leslie :
her friend is not bad either

Me first, Leslie!

Millbury, MA

Page 341 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 339 340 341 342 343 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use