Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 340 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 338 339 340 341 342 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 12,932
Points 233,952
Thea replied on Sat, Jan 5 2013 5:22 PM | Locked

Jacy - that is going to be a very adorable quilt - I love what it looks like so far - isn't it amazing the types of fabrics we have in our stashes.

Well, today has been a very down day although I am accomplishing things... Barbara told me I should just stay put today but I am too stubborn to do that and when I see messes I have to clean them up - I had dishes in the kitchen that needed to get done as I really hate a dirty kitchen and there were clean dishes in the strainer that needed putting away - then the floor needed a sprucing... so did all that... then my back living room needed vacuuming - white german shepherd hair drives me insane...teehee... I don't know what I would do if I had long haired dogs and cats... oh my... but started to vacuum and the chest pains started in fiercely so DH finished it up for me and will vacuum the bedroom for me... He also took over doing the laundry for me - his work clothes are in the dryer and the 1st load of quilts to be cleaned and put away till next year are in the washer... the wall hanging Christmas quilts have been taken off the windows and put away and the one has been brought from outsiders being able to be seen to being put up so it faces inside... although we have the windows that do not let in the ultra violet rays - I don't let any of my quilts face either direction for more then a month to make sure they don't fade - especially in the winter...

I am down in my chair now - I know the pain in my chest is from my arthritis but I sure wish it would all just go away.

I finished up all the little applique pieces and have glued them to the backing fabric and when able will do the machine blanket stitch on them to permanently put them in place... then all I have left on this quilt is to put it together and do the borders... not much left and a 2 year old UFO will be done - whooo hooo!  Christine are you ready yet for another quilt to come your way... NO - okay I'll wait till I have a couple more of these UFOs ready to roll...teehee... 

I found my paper pieced star quilt that I was working on 2 years ago too - now to re read the directions to figure out where I was and pull fabrics out again to finish it up... 

then when I am really up to it - probably not till after Branson but it is on my list to take everything out of my stash room and re organize so that I know where everything is... it is such a mess and I can't stand it... but right now - there is no way this body will allow me to do that work... 

Mom - oh dear - she has been doing things she shouldn't be and went into her storage bedroom area and on her way out of the room fell down - did she have her walker - NO - not supposed to do anything without it but it was too much trouble to move the door roll up out of the way... It was  a good thing Jay was home or she would have had to sit on the floor till he got home - there is no way I can pick her up - have told her over and over she is not to move with out that walker - But she says I was only a foot and a half away from it - and look what happened I told her... down she went - has a nice scrape on her arm - with my luck she will again tell the Dr's that I beat her... oh my... at least Jay was home... last time if I had been home probably would have been jailed but I was at Barbara's house - she told the police that day that I had shaken and beat her - although there was not a mark on her... and they say no dementia or alzheimers - she can put on such a good show for them... I just have to smile though and go on... today was not the day for her to fall though - I probably would have attempted to help her up and they would have been calling an ambulance for me... but then she would have to use the phone to do that... she would have gotten it for me to call... 

My days!!! SMILE!!!  

I planned out dinner and my DH is finishing it up for me - it isn't that hard - but the mess in the kitchen he doesn't clean up so it will be there for me to get later... oh well I am smiling - it could be worse....

I have a roof over my head and quilting to do and wonderful grand kids and kids to go and hug when I need them... just wish that I was there so doing that didn't take so much out of me...

I am now looking around this room while I watch the football game and thinking all that I want to do to get it better organized so that I can find what I want when I want it... oh my....

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,195
Points 24,070
Elizabeth replied on Sat, Jan 5 2013 6:42 PM | Locked

OMG< Thea, slow down you are making us all look bad

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,033
Points 108,610
chocake2 replied on Sat, Jan 5 2013 6:50 PM | Locked

Elizabeth:

OMG< Thea, slow down you are making us all look bad

Yeah, Thea. And  There ya go bragging about getting your laundry done too!! See how you are?

Well today I happen to have an excuse for not even reaching basecamp on that mountain of laundry.  The washing machine blew up (again).  DS1 had a load in and it started to make a dreadful noise when it started to spin out. I think it's probably the pump.  You see my brother just replaced his pump. We have the same make and model washer. Everytime he says " I had to fix the whoozabobit" my whoozabobit is sure to go out. If he says the thingamajig had to be replaced, mine is about to go on the fritz.  (The only time we haven't had identical failures was when I washed the babyspoon with the bibs last month. He doesn't have offspring so washing a baby spoon isn't likely to happen to him... LOL)  Dh is not looking forward to tearing it apart tomorrow. I told him that if he'd just done his hunny-dos today, he'd be off the hook, but No-o-o..he procrastinated and now he has even more to get done when the sun rises. lol

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 57
Points 1,570
Donna replied on Sat, Jan 5 2013 8:27 PM | Locked
Thea! Are you sure there's only one of you?! It makes my back hurt just to think of that much 'arms away from my side' chores in one day! If I'm doing floors laundry will wait until the next day. In all fairness though, most of my time is spent cleaning up after a messy DH and our 3 rescued dogs. 50, 60 and 70+ lbs. A looming project is making beds for the 'Beastie Boys' as I call them. We live in the country and replaced rugs with laminate flooring because of the dust and dirt. And, of course at this time of year, dirt and mud. Tomorrow I've got some help coming in. Two sisters who live us near will do floors, windows and bathrooms at a very reasonable rate. Except for the floor I prefer to do my kitchen myself. Bless your DH for helping out around the house. Mine doesn't have a domestic bone in his body. If I ask for help and it doesn't involve heavy lifting, I may as well talk to a wall. Oh well, we each have different gifts and I'm not expected to use the chainsaw and cut the firewood. N'yuck, N'yuck. I'm going to get some fabric cut for a wall hanging for my SGboys. Hugs, Donna in Oregon
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 571
Points 10,655
Debra replied on Sat, Jan 5 2013 9:00 PM | Locked

Hi all,

I usually don't post to much but I did have to share this. My 6yo Granddaughter with her very first project. Felt Envalopes....She got a sewing machine from santa. And DD gave her the sewing lesson. Keeping hands apart and different stitches. ;)

Deb

• | Post Points: 125
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Sat, Jan 5 2013 9:12 PM | Locked

Deb

Those envelopes are so cute.  Your DGD did a wonderful job.  She is a real sweetie.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Sat, Jan 5 2013 9:16 PM | Locked

DH and I went on a small road trip today.  He went to the fireplace insert and I went to 2 quilt shops, a sewing machine store, and a knitting / cross stitch supply store. I got a new Judy Niemeyer pattern for Japanese Fan quilt, some hand embroidery needles and floss, a 3 1/2 ruler, and some really cute earings that look like little swan scissors.  Also checked out a really nice Baby Lock Unity.  They had a really great price on that baby.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,384
Points 119,256
Patti replied on Sat, Jan 5 2013 9:38 PM | Locked

Debbie, that is so cute.  Your granddaughter made some great envelopes.  Nice pictures.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,411
Points 62,095
Bonita replied on Sat, Jan 5 2013 9:46 PM | Locked

Debbie, pretty DGD and cute envelopes.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,384
Points 119,256
Patti replied on Sat, Jan 5 2013 11:30 PM | Locked

I just spent the whole day cleaning and organizing my sewing room.  Ye gads.  I've got to finish some things so I have more room. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 571
Points 10,655
Debra replied on Sun, Jan 6 2013 6:11 AM | Locked

Nana, Patti and Bonita thanks. She was so proud of doing a project. lol

Its a new beginning for a future quilter. ;)

Deb

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 571
Points 10,655
Debra replied on Sun, Jan 6 2013 6:18 AM | Locked

Patti, You will NEVER find anything now!! lol But I know what you mean. I have 5 quilts (with batting and backings.) waiting to be quilted. And 3 more projects started.

I just got some table clips so I can sandwich them. Now I need a day off work to get it done.  I am going to do the FMQ, one block at a time for the 2012 Craftsy quilt. As soon as the price comes down again I'll sign up for it. And also start SID on the double dutch.

Deb

Patti:

I just spent the whole day cleaning and organizing my sewing room.  Ye gads.  I've got to finish some things so I have more room. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,821
Points 85,145
Sukochi replied on Sun, Jan 6 2013 6:37 AM | Locked

It's Sunday!!! My fave day of the week. Church.

Baking "hard boiled" eggs this a.m. Found the recipe on Pintrest. Hope it works or I am out a dozen eggs. They said these eggs are easier to peel and tastier then the stove top eggs. We will see. Pray they don't blow up!. Uh oh, what was THAT noise?????

LAter!

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,821
Points 85,145
Sukochi replied on Sun, Jan 6 2013 6:48 AM | Locked

All is well in the kitchen.

Felt envellopes? How cute is that. Guess there would be no way to acutaly write on them. That would be so great for mailing my post card in! Oh, btw, here is my Valentine postcard for that swap. Need a bit of grooming. I used threads cut from washed fabrics. There IS a use for everything!

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 110
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 12,932
Points 233,952
Thea replied on Sun, Jan 6 2013 7:57 AM | Locked

Sukochi, I love your postcard - so adorable.  and Yes there is a way to write on fabric postcards - same way we write on paper - permanent markers - you can use the flexion pens to make sure you get it where you want and then trace over them with the permanent markers - the flexion's can be erased with heat if you make a mistake... they are so cute and I love that little sewing machine - I can't wait to be near Echo so that I can buy her - her first sewing machine and be there to help her learn.  That will be so much fun.  I remember as a child learning to sew... 

So many memories of my child hood have come back since Mom came to live with us - some good - not very many but some and i look for the good ones.  I was taught so many crafts as a child - they weren't really crafts back then as that is what we did to make ends meet - make our own clothes - make bread - I am glad to know all those things now.  I was also taught to read and enjoy books - they were my wonderful escape.  I started reading some of them again - and wondered where those wonderful life styles went.  The love and family spirit in Little Women, Little Men and Eight Cousins... I so wanted to have a big family of sisters then - finally found my sisters here on QCA.  Great ones they are too!  

I am not up to going to church today but that is okay - I know it is better for me to stay home and stay wrapped in my electric blankets and give these sore and aching tendons, muscles and bones a rest.  The heat helps so much - the ice brought the swelling down and the heat got in there and gave a warm touch to all the soreness... I have a few days yet before the aches of the trip will be behind me - but that is okay!  For those wonderful hugs that I received, I would do it all over again and will...teehee... April and I will be back hugging my kidz and grandz... Oh and yes - I love hugging my son!  He is so big and tall now and when he hugz me I get enveloped like a little kid... Amazing to me how my son got so big and I love him so much.  I want him to be so happy and comfortable.  

I woke aching this morning - but not as bad as yesterday!  I came out to my chair and turned on the heaters and the electric blankets... I need to reach around and turn the one on behind me so that heat can get into that spot by my waist that is hurting today - I just have to do it - after I get up and feed the fur babies - I'll get that done.

And for those who think I do too much... I am an A personality - I can not sit still - I read and watch television - I am listening to Joel Osteen right now and typing to you all - and thinking about what needs to get done today - I don't like doing work on Sundays - it is the day for the Lord and thoughts and studying his works is what I try to do - I don't always accomplish this - but I do try.  

I do want to do some sewing today if I can sit at my sewing machine and not be in a great deal of pain... maybe one more day... but then if I keep putting it off I'll put it off forever... Joel's message today is very good.  If you don't know of him, look him up - he lifts my spirits every time I listen to him.  Gives me food for thought and a different way of looking at my life.

I think it was Donna who said her DH doesn't have a domestic bone in his body... mine didn't either...teehee... but 24 years of training and he is getting better.  He still doesn't do things as well as I would like - he doesn't wash down the splashing - but then it eases how much I have to do when I get in there - and he has learned to cook rather well.  I taught my son too so that he would always be able to take care of himself.  You just have to start out making it fun for them... laughing and giggling in the kitchen and making it fun rather then a chore works every time.  and always praise them - then do it your way when they aren't around and slowly they do it your way and don't even realize that they have been hoodwinked...teehee

God bless all from Oklahoma today - sending warm quilty hugz via the Oklahoma windz to all corners of my QCA family!

Page 340 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 338 339 340 341 342 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use