Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 339 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 337 338 339 340 341 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,502
Points 50,685
Ginny replied on Sat, Jan 5 2013 8:30 AM | Locked

Jacy,  I hope you follow up your ER visit with a follow up to a cardiologist.  This can be a re-occuring thing .  Have you known your heart to be racing or felt irregular beats before?   It is often caused by a problem with the mitral valve in the heart.  Frequently the symptoms improve with medication, but it can become worse and need further intervention.  The problem you experienced frequently is first observed in women in their 40s and 50s.   Good luck and I hope that the medication does its work and things are okay.   Ginny

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Sat, Jan 5 2013 8:31 AM | Locked

Frances, you silly girl, No we don't have a window washer. When they get to dirty to see out of. I clean.......if I can't get out of it.  : D

Kitty, our youngest cat, was sitting on the window sill  and decided to chase a bird. Sh had gotten down on the floor, jumped at the window and, litterly, bounced off the glass!. Shook her head, to clear her scrambled brain and hopped up on the indow to check out the rest of the birds. She is fine. Amazing. Cats are so resilient.

Today, should get my delivery from Connecting Thread. I have a quilt I need to get done and ran out of grey thread. So, since I had ordered this thread, I am waiting on it rather then buying more. This is costing me a lot of time, but I figured it doesn't make sense to buy even more.

More ironing on that fabric I got. My stash is growing at lightening speed. This is so exciting.

Love to do my Bible Study at night, after I go to bed. So, will always do that, rather then in the morning, at the table. Jim said he will find me a bed desk. What is a bed desk?

Beautiful, beautiful day. Bright sun. But, open the door and you freeze your tush off. It is 30 degrees. And, don't say it, I know that is not cold to you in the fridgid areas but for a Georgia transplant, as Marge says, our blood thins. Shoot, I uesd to let the dog out in the morning, with wet hair, and have it freeze by the time I went back in the house. Of course that was in Nevada when my blood was so thick. 

Y'all, with lots of snow, hunker down, the weather says up to tow feel coming. Keep it there. I just want about 4 inches. Which, in Georgia, will bring our part of the world to a stand still.

Have a cozy, quilty day.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,650
Points 135,977
Leslie replied on Sat, Jan 5 2013 8:50 AM | Locked

Patti, you daughter is beautiful, her friend is not bad either lol

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,237
Points 239,627
Thea replied on Sat, Jan 5 2013 9:27 AM | Locked

Patty - your daughter is beautiful - so adorable - I hope that they end up here so she won't be so far away from you if their relationship becomes permanent.  

Jacy - I hope you find an answer to your problems - sending up some prayers for you...

Sukochi - yep - Cats are resilient and it is so funny when they run into the window or screen and can't figure out why - they usually only do it once...

Me - well I am up - from my bed to my chair and realized why I felt so bad all day yesterday - 1) recovery from the trip - I didn't have any time in MN to recover from the trip there so it was twice as bad because I road and drove home so quickly - but on top of that there is a storm pushing through to us and I feel those changes in the barometric pressure every time.  I got up today and there is no sun outside - all overcast - I haven't heard what kind of storm is coming our way because according to radar we are in a clear area but I can tell you the skies look like winter - all misty and dreary... 

I am hoping today is better then yesterday - I didn't move much yesterday - I did find a project that I was working on 2 years ago and pulled it out - it has a ton of applique' on it - the kind where I turn under the little edges - you could hand stitch them onto the quilt afterwards but I use Beth Ferrier's method of hand applique by machine - and they really do look like needle turn applique' when you are don - so I turned under branches and trees and leaves and little rabbits yesterday - still have about 100 leaves and berries to do today.

So I don't feel as though I am not doing anything... and getting a UFO done... I had totally forgotten about this one and was looking for something else when I came across it - about time it gets finished...It seems each January I finish up UFOs from years past... someday maybe I won't have any - in my dreams right!

Wishing all a great day!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,105
Points 109,540
chocake2 replied on Sat, Jan 5 2013 11:03 AM | Locked

Wow Patti! What a Beautiful couple. They look happy together.

Brandy, I truely am in awe of you. Your son is fortunate to have a strong stable mom.

Sprout is definately on the mend and back to being happy and busy. I think he's trying to make up for lost time. He's into everything!!

His sister got hammered last night. She went in to the lab for a few hours after school and when I picked her up I noticed her voice was a little scratchy. She said she had a bit of a headache but figured food would fix it. An hour later she had the full gammet of symptoms: raw sore throat, headache, fever, runny nose, goopy eyes.... I filled her full of chamomile tea and honey and put her to bed.  I expect she'll stay there most of the day. 'Guess we'll have Chix soup for supper tonight...

Needless to say, aside from taking down the tree i have not accomplished a single thing I said I would after the kids returned to school. Now it's the weekend and I have a house full of distractions... Is it any wonder I'm not productive?

Good Grief. I just glanced over at the dog and realized that she's now shoulder high to the table!! She could rest her chin on it without raising her head! I knew she'd grown some since we got her, but hadn't realized just how BIG she really is. No wonder Jr complains when she bowls him over...

Now I am off to tackle Mt. Washpile. Unlike you Sukochi, I never reach the summit. I'm just happy if I make it to basecamp for a few hours...

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 302
Points 7,045
lcqultr46 replied on Sat, Jan 5 2013 12:12 PM | Locked

Jacy:
I had atrial fibrillation and the doc said medication could take time to slow my heart

Oh, Jacy, that truly is serious. Atrial fibulation is what my stepmom has had for years. Unfortunately, for her, the medication, Warfarin, used to regulate her heartbeat also thins the blood and caused internal bleeding. She was taken off Warfarin for 10 days to control  stomach bleeding and this is when she suffereed her stroke in 2008.  So please be careful.

Our family had an awful  shock last week, my dear SIL suffered a heart attack , was rushed to the UW hospital and never regained conciousness.We are all thankful the entire family was able to celebrate the holidays with Zulie just days before. My dh and I have been spending most days with him, helping with arrangements and all.

One thing I'd like to do for my brother is to make a memory quilt using some of her favorite outfits and/or photos. She was such a vibrant, energetic person, always dancing, always active, I want to try to do something to capture her spirit. Has anyone done such a quilt and do you have any suggestions? 

JudyEE at the base of Mt. Rainier

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 62,640
Jacy replied on Sat, Jan 5 2013 12:19 PM | Locked

Thank you all for your concerns, I'm feeling fine besides a couple of nice bruises from things I hit as I passed out. I think it was more scary for my DH than for me. I am supposed to follow up with a cardiologist next week but hopefully it was just stress related and will be an isolated thing. I'm claiming it was caused by stress from not having any time to sew for 2 weeks!

Today my DH and 2 teenagers are snowboarding. I plan to sew and sew. Well after I start a load or two of laundry, like CC I don't have any hope of ever being done, I just try to at least keep working at it.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 62,640
Jacy replied on Sat, Jan 5 2013 12:32 PM | Locked

Judy, I'm sorry to hear about your SIL. The quilt sounds like a great idea. My son is working on a quilt right now, lots of different fabrics but 1 constant fabric. I think I would do a simple pattern with a constant background to tie all the different fabrics from her clothing together.

• | Post Points: 95
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,105
Points 109,540
chocake2 replied on Sat, Jan 5 2013 12:58 PM | Locked

Oh Jacy, that is just yummy!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 62,640
Jacy replied on Sat, Jan 5 2013 1:09 PM | Locked

Thanks CC. That's my 10 yr old's project. I had no idea I had so many Food fabrics till he started dragging them out.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 302
Points 7,045
lcqultr46 replied on Sat, Jan 5 2013 1:34 PM | Locked

Jacy:
lots of different fabrics but 1 constant

Thanks Jacy, love your son's quilt!

I 'm thinking about a crazy quilt, using black velvet as the constant with different silks, satins and laces for the rest of the blocks. I think there's enough fabric that I could also do a pillow for each of her grown sons. I  don't want to cause them more pain but I think enough time will have passed by the time the quilt is finished that it will be ok. It's the one thing I can do that will be just for them and it also helps me. 

JudyEE at the base of Mt. Rainier

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Sat, Jan 5 2013 2:02 PM | Locked

Sukochi

Never fear, grey is a great neutral for almost any piecing.  I use grey, taupe and off whites for most all my piecing.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,105
Points 109,540
chocake2 replied on Sat, Jan 5 2013 2:11 PM | Locked

Jacy:

Thanks CC. That's my 10 yr old's project. I had no idea I had so many Food fabrics till he started dragging them out.

I can just imagine what would happen if we were to get your kids and mine together in the same room! Our stashs' would never be the same again. LOL

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,502
Points 50,685
Ginny replied on Sat, Jan 5 2013 2:24 PM | Locked

Jacy, that quilt looks like a yum-yum quilt.    Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,667
Points 65,685
Bonita replied on Sat, Jan 5 2013 2:32 PM | Locked

Patti, your DD is lovely and he's very handsome. They look happy together.

Judy, love the fabric. It will be beautiful when done.

Jacy, happy to see your better. Cute quilt  from your son. Only 10?

Page 339 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 337 338 339 340 341 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use