Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 338 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 336 337 338 339 340 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Fri, Jan 4 2013 10:21 PM | Locked

Jacy:
While we were there I passed out and a nurse discovered my pulse was irregular and very fast. I suddenly became a patient in the room next to my SIL and my DH was quickly summoned, I had atrial fibrillation and

Jacy, I'm glad you were in a safe place when it happened!  Will you see your personal doctor now to go over the incident and discuss what may have triggered it?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Fri, Jan 4 2013 10:23 PM | Locked

I, like Nana, don't send anything to my email from the QCA site..

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 203
Points 4,430
Brandy (Modern_Mosaic_Mom) replied on Fri, Jan 4 2013 10:35 PM | Locked

chocake2:

gle Moms and mothers of Twins deal with these all nighters??  I was blessed with a good man who walked the floor with the little guy for a few hours last night after he got home, so I was able to get a little bit of sleep. Without him I'd be in terrible shape today!

CC - I have been a single mom pretty much since conception (and I"m not one of those angry single moms that slander the other party for their absence - I got over that well before my DS was born), and I can tell you how I did it - by God's grace.  I went to work wrung out and exhausted and barley able to keep my eyes open, I went home and wanted to bawl my eyes out and be left alone, but picked him up and carried on because he couldn't possibly understand, I prayed...a LOT.  But mostly, I got through it (and continue to get through it) because, well, really, there is no one else but me.

And as much as I could be (and have been in the past - I won't lie) say that I am insanely jealous that you have an amazing husband who helps, I am reformed of that jealousy (mostly)  because I would rather know that there really are men out there who love their wives and children sacrificially.   

Glad to hear Sprout is on the mend!  Will continue to pray for him and the health of your household!

Brandy

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Fri, Jan 4 2013 10:38 PM | Locked

Patti:
Hmmmmm, maybe I will have to learn French.

Patti, you've got a good guy.  When she sees this, I think Marie will take up French!  LOL

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,543
Points 416,999
gini replied on Fri, Jan 4 2013 10:43 PM | Locked

CC, i'm glad sprout is on the mend, hopefully you can get some rest now.

jacy.  i've never passed out but i have atrial  whatzits.   when it gets real bad and i can't get it to go away with a cough i double up my fist and pound my chest as hard as i can, that usually makes it flip back into a normal rhythm.  i remember when i was a kid, my mom and aunt used to sit around on sundays feeling each others pulses, they both have it, too.  i think it is pretty common in women over thirty something.

where in the word did we get the spelling for rhythm? it should be rithum ot something simple. 

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Fri, Jan 4 2013 11:03 PM | Locked

And "cough" should be "cawff."  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,665
Nana replied on Fri, Jan 4 2013 11:04 PM | Locked

Patti

Your DD is gorgeous.   Will they be going back to France?  Thanks for sharing.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,665
Nana replied on Fri, Jan 4 2013 11:09 PM | Locked

Gini

You can also convert by taking a really deep breathe and hold it.   Then bear down like have a constipated bm.   It puts pressure on the vagal nerve and slows the rate.   With your previous history with blood clots I am surprised that they don't have you on digoxin to maintain sinus rhythm instead of atrial fibrilation.   A Fib places people at higher risk for clots.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,520
Points 48,345
Frances replied on Sat, Jan 5 2013 1:12 AM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:

Carolyn, I you sit aorund with no clothes on, all the laundry is DONE! Till you pyt your cothes back on. jk :!s

Sukochi,

Dont you have to be careful the window cleaner is not there. (in case you dont have them little man with bucket and ladder cleans all your windows):-)

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,038
Points 369,072
Kris replied on Sat, Jan 5 2013 1:32 AM | Locked

MNnancy:
Oh, be careful there.  I have my QCA messaging set to send a copy to my regular email because I seldom go to my QCA home page.  The trouble with that email routing is that if I reply directly to the email, it will be delivered to QCA admin.  I have to remember to go back to the QCA home page to reply to private messages.  Is that the same experience some of you have had with PMs?

I click on the link that brings me to my home page. Clicking your email's "reply" button will indeed send a message to admin.

Tee only way I see the message with a "friend" request is in my email. Coming to the site I don't see that message. 

My profile is set up so everyone can start a conversation with me. No need for "friend" requests.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,038
Points 369,072
Kris replied on Sat, Jan 5 2013 1:34 AM | Locked

Patti:
Just had to share a picture of my daughter and her friend.  She just got back from visiting him in France.  They met in Israel this past summer.  I can remember telling her in high school, "why do you want to study French, you will never use it like you would Spanish."  Hmmmmm, maybe I will have to learn French. 

LOL Patti. They look good together. French is the language of love.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,038
Points 369,072
Kris replied on Sat, Jan 5 2013 1:38 AM | Locked

MNnancy:

Patti:
Hmmmmm, maybe I will have to learn French.

Patti, you've got a good guy.  When she sees this, I think Marie will take up French!  LOL

ROFLOL. Good one Nancy.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 936
Points 15,850
Marge P replied on Sat, Jan 5 2013 2:00 AM | Locked

Patti -  Thanks for sharing the picture of Melissa and her friend.  She is a beautiful young lady and he is pretty handsome too.  Looks like it is a good thing that she learned French in high school.

Marge P

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 936
Points 15,850
Marge P replied on Sat, Jan 5 2013 2:05 AM | Locked

Jacy:
While we were there I passed out and a nurse discovered my pulse was irregular and very fast. I suddenly became a patient in the room next to my SIL and my DH was quickly summoned, I had atrial fibrillation and the doc said medication could take time to slow my heart, maybe a day or two. He suggested they put me out and shock my heart back to a normal rhythm, yikes, that didn't sound fun. Fortunately the meds and prayers worked and I was able to go home that evening.

Jacy - how scary that would have been for you.  Glad they were able to get things back to a normal rhythm and you could go home.  Take it easy and spend lots of time sewing and doing stuff you enjoy.  Take care. {{{HUGS}}}

Marge P

Page 338 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 336 337 338 339 340 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use