Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 336 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 334 335 336 337 338 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Fri, Jan 4 2013 3:06 PM | Locked

Lesley:

Sukochi

I have no idea how to send you a PM ( know it means private message though) can someone talk me through it please?

Thanks

Lesley, I sent you a friend request accept it. there is a message there. Just reply to it.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Fri, Jan 4 2013 3:26 PM | Locked

Busy day. Beautiful sunshiney day, too.

Got the laundry done. Yea, me! I never do the laundry. Ironed fabric for two hours. This is the fabric the lady shared with me. She had squares in there. Sewn with a sheer fabric on the back. Some were appliqued, some where pink check. The applique ones are white background with flowers and leaves. I have no idea what to do with them.  There is a pink print that matches the rose in the applique and a green fabric that matches the leaves it the applique. I have tons of the sheer pink fabric. It would make an adorable crib quilt for a little girl. But, as the squares that are finished with the sheer fabrick on the back, I am confused. Do you add the sheer fabric to the back of the rest of the squares? Could I post pictures and maybe one, or more of you, could enlighten me. Maybe, that is what I should. do.

Got two days of Bible Study done today. That was good. to get done.

Jut so sleepy now. Need a nap, byut it is too close to time to fix dinner. Chicken, masd pots and green beans. I call this the Blue Plate Special. I should get a couple blue plates to serve it on.

Have a good evening.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,353
Points 20,380
Carolyn (CarolBeau) replied on Fri, Jan 4 2013 3:53 PM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:

Got the laundry done. Yea, me! I never do the laundry. 

I didn't realize it was possible for laundry to ever be really done.  You just blew my mind. 

Well, it's almost officially the weekend here on the east coast, so have a good one, Ladies!

Raleigh, NC

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Fri, Jan 4 2013 4:03 PM | Locked

Carolyn, I you sit aorund with no clothes on, all the laundry is DONE! Till you pyt your cothes back on. jk :!s

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Fri, Jan 4 2013 4:05 PM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:

Carolyn, I you sit aorund with no clothes on, all the laundry is DONE! Till you pyt your cothes back on. jk :!s

This is what happens when you try to type and put your clothes back on at the same time. LOL

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,727
Points 437,045
Nana replied on Fri, Jan 4 2013 4:13 PM | Locked

Sukochi

You don't need to add the sheer fabric to the rest of the blocks you use.   She was using the sheer as a stabilizer for her applique.   I would use the matching fabrics for sashing and cornerstones and sew the blocks together.  It sounds like it will be a beautiful quilt.

Vinton, Virginia

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 57
Points 1,570
Donna replied on Fri, Jan 4 2013 4:19 PM | Locked
Sukochi, We may not be in the same part of the country but we're on the same page. I'm washing fabric I bought yesterday and will be ironing it soon. I'm studying Luke in the bible now and have about 2 chapters left, then it's on to Matthew. That's always a blessing. Dinner? I haven't gotten to that yet, but I am simmering the last of the beets from our garden. Maybe I'll even get some fabric cut today. Quilty hugs, Donna in Oregon
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,529
Points 177,453
Marie replied on Fri, Jan 4 2013 4:24 PM | Locked

I'm making great progress on my Peanuts quilt.  Made a promise to myself that I wouldn't get on the computer until I worked on my quilt and I kept that promise this time.  Feeeeling good!

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,951
Points 368,292
Kris replied on Fri, Jan 4 2013 4:54 PM | Locked

chocake2:

Kris:

I'm ver much a fan. I have videos, books, mugs, PJs, undies, fabric, latch hook rugs and I'm wearing Snoopy and Woodstock socks right now.

Now how did I guess that you'd have the socks, too?? LOL   :D

LOL. DH got me all kinds of wonderful socks this Christmas. I'm getting regular length scrubs just so they'll show. He's so luck I'm not a shoe gal.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Fri, Jan 4 2013 5:05 PM | Locked

Finally got our Christmas stuff out to the shed this afternoon.  I got everything but the tree packed up on New Years Day and took care of the tree yesterday afternoon.  Dave got our trusty yard wagon out to haul the boxes over to the shed for me. 

DGS made it back to Germany but now feels yucky.  He flew out on New Years Day.  Maybe he picked something up on the flight back.  He better get over it quick as he is due to got out in the field for a couple of months. 

MN Nancy - you asked what I consider cold.  Well it is a lot warmer than what I considered cold when I lived in IL and Mich!!!  My blood has definitely thinned out since moving to GA back in 1980.  :o)  I remember visiting family back in Mich.  in June and wearing jeans and a sweatshirt when everyone else was wearing shorts! 

I will miss both the Humane Society and Project Linus sew days this month.  :o(  I will have to get together with Angie to swap the blankets I have done for some supplies.  I think she said she has some bags of scraps for me too.  I gave away all of the pet pillows I had finished to some Vet's offices and the local animal shelter.  They were all smaller ones this time around for the cat cages. 

I am ready to start the 17 Day Diet cycles again.  I lost 20 lbs that first go around and managed to keep it off during the holidays in spite of the goodies around.  :o)  I can get into some pants / jeans that I have had packed away for over 10 years.  Dave has ordered a digital scale for me for my birthday so I can read it easier. 

I hope that the flu shot I got back in Oct. will keep me from getting sick.  They are saying this looks like it will be a bad season since it has started so early.  I hope everyone out here in QCA land stays healthy!!!!

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Fri, Jan 4 2013 5:27 PM | Locked

Donna:
Sukochi, We may not be in the same part of the country but we're on the same page. I'm washing fabric I bought yesterday and will be ironing it soon. I'm studying Luke in the bible now and have about 2 chapters left, then it's on to Matthew. That's always a blessing. Dinner? I haven't gotten to that yet, but I am simmering the last of the beets from our garden. Maybe I'll even get some fabric cut today. Quilty hugs, Donna in Oregon

I never wash my fabric, but this just smelled musty. Sure helped. Smells all fresh again.

Donna, I am not on any page with beets. I can not stand beets. Yuck. You enjoy them, but don't send me any.

Is your Bible Study a Precpt Study by Kay Arthur? Those are really in depth studies. She is starting one at Precepts Ministries in Chattanooga on the 15th.It will  be on the first two chapter of Luke.  I am not going. I just am doing the one through our Ladies Bible Study group. Our Leader of this Study, just finished a PRecept Sutdy in Nov. with Kay at her Chattanooga place. That is one and a half hours each way. And those classes start at 9 a.m. I don't get up that early. I am also in the Galatains Study in the Thurs a.m. mixed calss that our Pastor teaches.

I asked Ron this question, in an email this a.m. He said it was an execellant question. We will take it up in Thur's. Class. The question is this. God has the date fo our birth and the date of our death before we are even thought of as our life is His. So, if a person is killed in a voilent way (CT. school shooting, 911) is this an Act of God when and how they die?. He decided when we die, so, is there not a legal reason to stop lawsuits over violent deaths, due to the death being an Act Of God? We discussed the question of child death last Thurs. Do children, regardelss of age, get a automatic pass into heaven?. Remeber we are ALL born sinners and reamin so until we accept Christ as our Lord and Savior, we are still sinners.  Tough questions and great debate.

Well, I am bad. We had fried chicken, green beans and mashed potatos for supper. I can only eat about as much chicken as is continaed in two chicken nuggets. Not any fun but that is it. I am back to eating regular foods again. This is so weird, how my digestive system works since this surgery.

Ok, that's all, folks.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,480
Jacy replied on Fri, Jan 4 2013 5:55 PM | Locked

I'm back!

I've had company since Christmas day and they finally went home yesterday. 6 of them, 7 of us, I've been fixing food for 13 people everyday and had no chance to sew until today. 

We had an eventful New Years. We went Roller Skating and my SIL fell and broke her wrist. I drove her and her DH to the ER while my DH and my grown DD took all 9 kids home. While we were there I passed out and a nurse discovered my pulse was irregular and very fast. I suddenly became a patient in the room next to my SIL and my DH was quickly summoned, I had atrial fibrillation and the doc said medication could take time to slow my heart, maybe a day or two. He suggested they put me out and shock my heart back to a normal rhythm, yikes, that didn't sound fun. Fortunately the meds and prayers worked and I was able to go home that evening.

The doctor said I shouldn't do anything like use power tools or be on a roof incase I passed out again, What was he thinking? How about saying I shouldn't stand by a hot stove, or stoke the fire, or be the kids taxi-driver!

• | Post Points: 110
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 105
Points 2,710
Nancy P replied on Fri, Jan 4 2013 5:59 PM | Locked

I haven't been able to join in lately but I had to let everyone know of my terrible news!  MY favorite LQS (not really L because I drive an hour to get to it)  is CLOSING!  Ii drive by at least 3 that I know of to get to Sew Bee It in Kearney, MO because the women and men that work there are so nice!!! helpful and friendly, like you guys, willing to share tips and info that part-time hobby quilters would never know...  Don't know what I am going to do...

I will be going to say goodbye to them tomorrow, and I hope all who know them will join me!

Nancy P

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,951
Points 368,292
Kris replied on Fri, Jan 4 2013 6:17 PM | Locked

Jacy:
The doctor said I shouldn't do anything like use power tools or be on a roof incase I passed out again, What was he thinking? How about saying I shouldn't stand by a hot stove, or stoke the fire, or be the kids taxi-driver!

LOL Jacy. That would be the day.

I'm glad you're feeling better. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,727
Points 437,045
Nana replied on Fri, Jan 4 2013 6:31 PM | Locked

Sukochi

In my  faith we believe that young children that die automatically go to Heaven until they reach the age of accountability.  And this age can vary from child to child as some children reach a true understanding of right and wrong at earlier ages than others.  Usually I feel that a child up to the age of about 10 or 11..those pre teen years is destined for Heaven whether they have a professed faith in the Lord.

Vinton, Virginia

Page 336 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 334 335 336 337 338 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use