Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 332 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 330 331 332 333 334 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Thu, Jan 3 2013 8:12 AM | Locked

Hey, I got a bag of fabric last night. It smells like it had been in my elderly late grandmother's house too long. This lady is a 90 y.o. quilter so it probably has been in a musty house. Hopefully, once washed it will be fine. There is lots of golf themed fabric.  I don't really know anyone who wuld rather golf then sleep. My sister used to until she discoved jogging, biking, swimming, hiking, extreme skiing. and triathlons Gotta be three yard and just a little of another golf print.  Does anyone have someone who would love to have a golf themed quilt? I would be happy to give this fabric to one of you. . Will wash it to get the odor out, today, No one on here, that I have seen, ever meants golf. I could make a couple throws, one for Ron and one for Dr. Bill. They play golf, sonetimes. Let me know if you would like it. If there at more then one of you who would, I will just put the names in a hat, and draw one.

Oh, and there are some squares in there that have some kind of sheer fabric sewin to the back of it. Several are applique, and the other are just another print. However, they all have that other fabric sewn to them. Do I need to take a picture for y'all to help me figure this out?  

Bible stutdy was sure interesting last night. We are all a loud group and got very loud last night. We were voiceing our own opininos about Christmas, as one of our group who said that God had led them away from celebrating Christmas. Well, I had a fit. WHEN he was born is not said in the Bible, but, the scripture leads some to believe that his birth took place in Autumn. Still, Dec is when it is celebrated. I questioned her like she was on trial for murder. One of the ladies, who just loves me dearly, got so upset that this would hurt my walk with Jesus, that she stormed out and sat in her car till her daughter was ready to go. I came home shaking like a leaf. They were all throwing out Scripture for another topic, and, I felt like I didn't know enough. After we headed to our cars, Lea, our Study leader, got in the car with the upset one to reassure her. One other came to me and asked if I was OK. I told her I am just so frustated cause I don't know as much as they all do. She said "You are hungry to learn the Word.Tha is important. If you let frustration in, it will turn you away. Give it time. This is not automatic."

I can't believe what I heard on the news this a.m. The DAR is taking God out of that organization!! Also patriotic terms. Hello? What is the Rev. War? It is about patriatism. This Country is headed down the wrong trail, for sure.

Gotta go. Y'all have probably had enough of my story, anyway.

Remember, let me know if you would LOVE to have golf fabric.

Have a quilty day.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 65
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 266
Points 4,965
Lesley replied on Thu, Jan 3 2013 8:25 AM | Locked

Well in the UK it is now mid afternoon, not done a lot today collected my antibiotics from pharmacy looked at the bits of bars of gold quilt I have sewn together and try to decide if the fabric I have found in a box will be ok for the sashing and borders. Then the postie arrived and I got a lovely surprise I have won a quilting pattern book ( actually didn't remember entering the draw). So I will sit and peruse it during the rest if the afternoon.  I cannot believe I have had almost 3 weeks off work and the Dr gave me another 2 weeks last night. So if I can get my back feeling better how much quilting can I get done?

Have a good day everyone. Lx

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,482
Points 176,813
Marie replied on Thu, Jan 3 2013 9:16 AM | Locked

So, that means you're a Peanuts fan as well?  Did you have a plan in mind as you were collecting it?

Millbury, MA

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 203
Points 4,430

And I am back to work.  Thinking about how to work on my niece's quilts as well as my son's quilt.  By Saturday.  And still sleep and work.  LOL.  I had to run and get batting.  I'm such a batting snob.  I prefer 100% cotton, but it is SO expensive.  I went with 80/20 last night, but poly batting is 50% cheaper than cotton...Anyone have any feelings on batting and pros and cons of each?  

I am thinking about doing a 9 patch of sorts with the mustache quilt for my niece.  Putting the mustaches at the corner of each block so that it isn't quite as busy.  I'm not sure on this either, but I have to work on something tonight or I won't get them all finished by Sunday.  At least the youngest niece's quilt is easy and my son's quilt will be easy as well.  I have one top for him mostly finished (which has been that way for a year now) that I may pull out and use as his first quilt.  I think its ugly, but he picked out all the fabrics.  :)

I hope you all have a wonderful day!  I have been keeping up and praying for the needs of everyone, just not responding because of work.

Love and hugs to you all!

Brandy

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 203
Points 4,430
Brandy (Modern_Mosaic_Mom) replied on Thu, Jan 3 2013 10:02 AM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:

Hey, I got a bag of fabric last night. It smells like it had been in my elderly late grandmother's house too long. This lady is a 90 y.o. quilter so it probably has been in a musty house. Hopefully, once washed it will be fine. There is lots of golf themed fabric.  I don't really know anyone who wuld rather golf then sleep. My sister used to until she discoved jogging, biking, swimming, hiking, extreme skiing. and triathlons Gotta be three yard and just a little of another golf print.  Does anyone have someone who would love to have a golf themed quilt? I would be happy to give this fabric to one of you. . 

Sukochi, I totally understand your feelings of wanting to know more about the Word.  Honestly, in my walk I am 7 years old and I still don't know as much as I would like to, but I notice that the more I am in the word, the more I learn about God and Christ and it just leads me to wanting to know more and more, while deepening my faith.  Just keep reading scriptures and seeking God's heart, and you'll get there.  It'll spring up one day and even you will be surprised at what you have learned!

I would love the golf fabric, but that's because I have become a fabric hoarder.  I don't have anyone in my life that is a die-hard golf fan, I just like unusual fabrics.  I want to make an I Spy quilt with a bunch of different and interesting fabrics.  Can I get a 10" piece??  LOL

If someone else has any die hard golf fans in their lives that want it, please pass it along to them.  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Thu, Jan 3 2013 10:04 AM | Locked

Brandy:
 I have been keeping up and praying for the needs of everyone, just not responding because of work.

I'm glad you are still checking in. I did the same thing for over a year when I was not feeling well. I at least felt like I was still a part of things.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Thu, Jan 3 2013 10:32 AM | Locked

So as you all probably know, I am going through a particularly bad time.  However, no cloud is so dark there isn't a silver lining.  I have been going through drawers and cupboards thining, throwing and gereraly getting rid of stuff.  I started on my closet today because when your depressed and down you need a little more of a shot.  thank God I'm not an emotional eater.  I now have not the two pairs of jeans and pants that fit before but 25 pairs.  I don't throw anything out apparently.  Some are brand new still with the tags. I shop and buy and take home to try them on.  If they don't fit usualy I don't take them back.  My bad.  I have a suitcase full of summer stuff to take to Hawaii at the end of the month.  Some of the stuff I pulled out hung on me like an ugly date.  It was FABULOUS. 

• | Post Points: 140
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Thu, Jan 3 2013 10:36 AM | Locked

WTG Vivian, make lemonade!

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 266
Points 4,965
Lesley replied on Thu, Jan 3 2013 10:52 AM | Locked

Brilliant Vivian see sometimes a bad day gets so much better. Ditch the ugly dates though!

Lesley x

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,394
Points 27,280
Ms MoomMist replied on Thu, Jan 3 2013 11:30 AM | Locked

Craftsy Free BOM class now online if anyone is interested.

xoxoxo,

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,227
Points 24,865
Elizabeth replied on Thu, Jan 3 2013 11:36 AM | Locked

Vivian, I KNOW about goingthrough a bad time.  Cleaning and organizing also helps me.  Hope all willl be better soon.  There IS a light at the end of the tunnel

Elizabeth

From Sunny Southern CA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,343
Points 20,255
Carolyn (CarolBeau) replied on Thu, Jan 3 2013 11:47 AM | Locked

Vivian :

So as you all probably know, I am going through a particularly bad time.  However, no cloud is so dark there isn't a silver lining.  I have been going through drawers and cupboards thining, throwing and gereraly getting rid of stuff.  I started on my closet today because when your depressed and down you need a little more of a shot.  thank God I'm not an emotional eater.  I now have not the two pairs of jeans and pants that fit before but 25 pairs.  I don't throw anything out apparently.  Some are brand new still with the tags. I shop and buy and take home to try them on.  If they don't fit usualy I don't take them back.  My bad.  I have a suitcase full of summer stuff to take to Hawaii at the end of the month.  Some of the stuff I pulled out hung on me like an ugly date.  It was FABULOUS. 

Cheers to this!  

Raleigh, NC

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,428
Points 416,059
gini replied on Thu, Jan 3 2013 11:49 AM | Locked

all right vivian. 

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Thu, Jan 3 2013 11:58 AM | Locked

Vivian :
It was FABULOUS. 

Way to go, girl!   :-)

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,482
Points 176,813
Marie replied on Thu, Jan 3 2013 12:43 PM | Locked

Vivian, hold off and buy yourself some new clothes in Hawaii, you deserve it!

Millbury, MA

Page 332 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 330 331 332 333 334 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use