Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 330 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 328 329 330 331 332 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,272
Points 413,654
gini replied on Wed, Jan 2 2013 12:00 AM | Locked

thea, safe trip home

marie,.  your peanuts quilt is danged cute

bonita. i love how you used your charms in the twister quilt

congratulations, nancy.   you will love your featherweight.

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 933
Points 15,760
Marge P replied on Wed, Jan 2 2013 12:05 AM | Locked

Spudgrandma:
Marge, check your email settings on QCA, with all the problems they have been having maybe they went back to the default setting - I'm just shooting in the dark here but it is worth a try.

Thanks, Spud - I will go and check that out.  I was wondering if it was because I hadn't posted for so long????  I did renew a few weeks ago and all of my forum subscriptions showed "NO" and I changed that.  Thanks again!

MargeP

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,272
Points 413,654
gini replied on Wed, Jan 2 2013 12:09 AM | Locked

my new sewing room, it's pretty plain jane.  it's hard to hang stuff on the walls, i need to  find some of those sticky backed doodads.

looking one direction and then the other

and the design wall

i thought i could stick it up with duck tape just fine, but sam had to drag out his trusty drill.  oops did i say trusty?  i meant rusty.  

and the old room, sitt there waiting until it gets cleaned.  it is waiting for me to decide on which long arm i want. 

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 95
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,441
Points 127,549
Spudgrandma replied on Wed, Jan 2 2013 12:12 AM | Locked

It looks good to me gini, what fun having an absolutely dedicated space.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,649
Points 135,957
Leslie replied on Wed, Jan 2 2013 5:37 AM | Locked

Gini, looks good. What is your new design wall made of?

[Ava, Missouri

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,110
Points 14,290
Dawn replied on Wed, Jan 2 2013 7:06 AM | Locked

Happy New Year everyone!  Well the extra 10 people have all gone home.  It is very, very quiet here!  But that is ok.  They will be back in a few months.  Will hopefully get to quilting Nolans quilt.  I hope to get the blocks quilted soon.  Then the borders usually goes pretty fast for me. 

Boy, I am still sooooooooooo tired.  Thankfully I only need to go bowling this afternoon.  Need to stop by work for a minute too.

Have a great day everyone!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,494
Points 30,410
Diana replied on Wed, Jan 2 2013 7:28 AM | Locked

Happy New Year Everyone.    I get to start my new year with having to call my septic guy to pump my septic tank.  My toilet at the furthest point from the septic started to back up last night.  He'll be here about 10 a.m. so won't have to deal with it too long.  Good thing that pensions went into checking account on Friday so the money is there to pay for it.  Never a dull moment.  Then to go to the grocery after the guy leaves and pick up a couple things.  Need kitty treats or they both will be yelling at me later.  Hope to get into quilt studio later today.  Had to forgo shower but did a quick sponge bath so I won't offend anyone in the store....lol  

Diana (Bink) in East Tn.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Wed, Jan 2 2013 8:30 AM | Locked

gini:

Yea, WINDOWS!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,843
Points 85,675
Sukochi replied on Wed, Jan 2 2013 8:38 AM | Locked

I asked for prayer for DLB on Facebook. Opened a huge can of worms in Jim's family. First, let me say that we have never been allowed access to DDIL's cell number. She is not a fan of us. So, when this business with DLB started, we got the phone number from her daughter. Oopsie! When we call, as DLB is NOT answering his phone, she just hands the phone to him to talk to us. Guess we are out of favor again. Well, Jim's DC read the post, called her DM (Jim's DA), and SHE, called Jim's other DA, who called us for the scoop. Jim turned the phone over to me, as this DA is the chatty Cathy of the world. Boy, can that woman talk. I told her what I knew, about this diagnosis, on DLB. She wanted more. I gave her the much guarded phone number of DDIL!! Boy oh boy, am I in trouble. Tough. This all occured after DLB told Jim on the phone, yesterday, that phone calls are enough, don't come to visit. I expect phone call will no longer be accepted now. So much for Thanksgiving reconcilation! So much show for other guest, I expect.

Great win, Nancy! Enjoy your new baby.

Good to have you back, Susan.

Gini, so, now, will you have two room's or just one? I am confused.

All have a good day. I am off to the ROmans!

Heard from Nan. She said all is well, they got kinda of tired of being trapped in a plane for the 10 hour flight. No doubt! She said she is planning a shop hop. Have no clue what that means. She can not post to QCA, so I am the go between.

Will need to spend the day in the Word, as I am behind of my Romans Study and class meets tonight! Oops.

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,249
Points 172,978
Marie replied on Wed, Jan 2 2013 11:01 AM | Locked

Gini, lucky you, new quilt room, future long arm, I'm happy for you.  How close to your home is this space?  Always wanted to ask, curious minds (need) want to know.  Your design wall looks very interesting, what material is it, looks like frosted glass?????  Very nice blocks on it,

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,696
Points 436,330
Nana replied on Wed, Jan 2 2013 11:04 AM | Locked

Gini

Looks great.   Can we get another pic in a couple weeks to see if it still looks like that.....LOL>   Have fun with your new space.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,105
Points 109,540
chocake2 replied on Wed, Jan 2 2013 11:40 AM | Locked

Good Morning!

Congratulations on the Featherweight, Nancy. Sounds like a bargain.

Bonita, your quilt is terrific.

Gini, you're just not happy unless you're making the rest of us jealous, are you?? :) Love your new space!! How are you gonna find time to long-arm and ski too?

Sprout put in a restless night last night. Daddy wasn't snoring where he could hear it. And the Wind was howling. Mommy shared her ice cream and he might have had a bit of a belly ache from tha, too (Didn't think I gave him that much...) He finally settled down for a good sleep after DD left for school.  I was glad to crawl back into bed for an extra hour of sleep. I feel much better now, and he has his grin on so I guess he does too.

Now that school is resuming I am plotting to get the tree taken down and the house picked up so I can get back to my own routine. The boys won't be back in class til tomorrow but I'm still planning...  Hoping, really.

The schools sent out e-mails that there've been multiple diagnosed cases of both whooping cough and bird flu in our county. They are worried that kids will be exposed when they return to school after break. *sigh*

Bossman has informed me that he needs me all through Jan and well into Feb. Trouble is he wants me working nearly full time but without pay. That's the trouble with being a volenteer as well as a paid employee.  I don't mind the "free" labor, but I really can't afford to drive back and forth every day without putting gas money in the bank. At least I can take the kids along when I'm a non-paid laborer, so that's child care I don't have to pay for on top of it.  Perhaps we'll figure out a way for me to bring the work home. Don't know when I'll have time to quilt if I do that, tho...

Dh says that after he got home yesterday AM, they had an ambulance call that involved a woman in labor. She delivered en-route to the hospital. He's bummed that he missed it...

Now Mt Washpile is calling. Sprout is a master at keeping it ceiling high!

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Points 40
MidwifeDeb replied on Wed, Jan 2 2013 12:00 PM | Locked

Could use some help today in SOOOO many areas but first I need to know how to post something on this site. It seems that I am under someone else's topic and really wanted to ask a question. I am a very new quilter (actually have only done one) and I need a pattern with 6 larger squares that co-workers will appliqué (or draw on with crayons) some sort of cat for a midwife who is retiring then I will do all the prettiness around it. How do I find spattering like this, lap quilt size?  Deb

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Wed, Jan 2 2013 12:08 PM | Locked

Dawn:
Well the extra 10 people have all gone home.  It is very, very quiet here! 

Same here, except my group was only 8 extra people - still a houseful!  Unfortunately, they left a couple of "bugs" behind.  DH has come down with a stomach flu and feels awful (3 of our guest had it the week before they came and 2 became sick while here...GEES!) and I have a sore throat and the start of a head cold (one of our guests had a runny nose the whole time they were here).  But they are family, we love them and were glad they came - even with their bugs and all.  So, hopefully we both will fight these invaders off quickly (I need more orange juice) so I feel like quilting again.  And I sure hope I don't come down with the stomach thing...I am a real whiny patient when it comes to upchucking, etc.  

Hope all of you are well and enjoying the New Year...and BTW its warmed up to 14 degrees and is snowing here again!  (We've been in single digits for the last several nights.  If we are lucky we may see the 20's again this weekend!)

Winthrop, WA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Wed, Jan 2 2013 12:10 PM | Locked

Great  new sewing room Gini...  What was that about a ladder???  Are you going to be toting your machines up and down ladders now?  That should be a good workout...lol

Winthrop, WA

Page 330 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 328 329 330 331 332 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use