Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 324 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 322 323 324 325 326 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 203
Points 4,430
Brandy (Modern_Mosaic_Mom) replied on Mon, Dec 31 2012 7:55 PM | Locked

Oh good! Because I was just eBay-ing for a divided plate as a late Christmas present for you! LOL

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Mon, Dec 31 2012 7:58 PM | Locked

Brandy:

Oh good! Because I was just eBay-ing for a divided plate as a late Christmas present for you! LOL

ROFLOL cute

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,451
Points 176,373
Marie replied on Mon, Dec 31 2012 8:00 PM | Locked

Brandy, congrats on quiting smoking, now for the weight loss with the girls, good luck.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,451
Points 176,373
Marie replied on Mon, Dec 31 2012 8:03 PM | Locked

LOL, Leslie, those pounds have a way of sticking around, don't they?

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Mon, Dec 31 2012 8:10 PM | Locked

Got a diagnosis on DLB. He has an autoimune disorder, and I have forgotten the name of it, but only 2.4 - 10 people in 1 million ever get this disorder. Apparently, it was caught in time, that the kidneys and limbs will not be irrepairably damaged.  They think they can heal this with meds and physical therapy.   Figures he would be one of the 10. Now, he will be treated with steriods.  They will see what it is like. Please continue to keep him in your prayers.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 50
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 203
Points 4,430
Brandy (Modern_Mosaic_Mom) replied on Mon, Dec 31 2012 8:35 PM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:

Got a diagnosis on DLB. He has an autoimune disorder, and I have forgotten the name of it, but only 2.4 - 10 people in 1 million ever get this disorder. Apparently, it was caught in time, that the kidneys and limbs will not be irrepairably damaged.  They think they can heal this with meds and physical therapy.   Figures he would be one of the 10. Now, he will be treated with steriods.  They will see what it is like. Please continue to keep him in your prayers.

Will def keep him in our prayers. So glad they found it before too much damage was done.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,459
Points 243,927
Thea replied on Mon, Dec 31 2012 8:36 PM | Locked

Carolyn :

Thea, I remember you asking about this before and I thought of this one technique, but was SO swamped in the middle of holiday stuff that I forgot to bring it up.  Apologies for not mentioning this sooner.  Have you heard of the Swirly Center Seams Technique?  By the Swirly Girls?  I have no idea how this compares to what you've already tried and I don't have a ton of quilting experience, so I can't really compare it to other methods.  The Swirly Girls are the girls who design the Michael Miller Clubhouse quilts.  We used this technique to minimize bulk at seam intersections where 8 points met at a Mystery Quilt retreat by the Swirly Girls.  The technique is copyrighted as part of the pattern, but if you haven't heard of it, I'd be happy to contact them and ask how you could get access to it.  I am friends with them on FB.  My guess would be that it's probably included in one of their other patterns, which are for sale, but who knows - maybe they'd just let me share it with you.    Let me know if you haven't heard of this or tried it already and want me to ask the girls about how I could share the technique with you.

In other news, I have a big day of cleaning ahead of me in preparation for a big birthday/NYE party tomorrow.  So, I'll be trying to channel Thea vibes over here!  :)  I need to move the sewing room upstairs to a spare bedroom that has been converted into half laundry room / half sewing room... as soon as I get the boxes that have been hiding there unpacked!  Then to shampoo the carpets upstairs and get rid of all this clutter!  You ladies try not to be too jealous of my fantabulous day ahead.  ;)

Carolyn - if you would find out for me that would be awesome - I have 16 pieces that need to go into the center - it is an 8 pointed star but each star point is 2 pieces... I would tahnk you so so much... or let me know what the name of the pattern is and I'll buy it - to get this technique and learn it!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,399
Points 119,586
Patti replied on Mon, Dec 31 2012 8:53 PM | Locked

I am so glad I never started smoking.  With my will power, I would one of those still smoking, and 2-3 packs a day.  When I was young, I made conscious decision to never start smoking.  Why?  Because I decided I would rather spend that money on candy bars.

It is really hard to stop smoking.  I know a couple people who were addicted to both alcohol and smoking.  They both told me it was harder to stop smoking than it was to give up alcohol.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Mon, Dec 31 2012 9:36 PM | Locked

I tried smoking, once. I agree with Patti -  I prefer candy bars. I can say that I can't get past that flavor... even after 20+ years. It's not a habit I see in my future. Tell me that all cigarettes don't all taste as dreadful as that one I tried??  *BLEch!!*

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Mon, Dec 31 2012 10:07 PM | Locked

chocake2:
'Wasting" food was nearly a mortal sin at our house! I can recall sitting in misery, staring at a plate of cold liver....I sat there until bedtime, and then  I got a swat for not eating before I was allowed to crawl between the sheets.  And I'd missed playing street baseball!!  I  bet I am not the only one here with that story, or one simular to it...

CC, you must be my long lost sister!  Or maybe our mothers were sisters.  This is absolutely the same story I tell.  I finally discovered the beauty of pockets - I could sneak uneaten food into my pocket to dispose of once outside.  A dog in the family would have been nice!  LOL

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,837
Points 366,182
Kris replied on Mon, Dec 31 2012 10:44 PM | Locked

Brandy:
I completed this quilt last night and started to work on yet another one.

Pretty quilt Brandy.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,837
Points 366,182
Kris replied on Mon, Dec 31 2012 10:46 PM | Locked

gini:
 i'm aiming for more punishment tomorrow, a couple more days of hobbling and i should be good to go.  anyone ready to go skiing with me?  

I'll be there in spirit Gini. Have fun.

Your sewing room makeover sounds fun.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,837
Points 366,182
Kris replied on Mon, Dec 31 2012 11:00 PM | Locked

Leslie :
But I was one of those kids that if my foods touched each other I couldn't eat it, I got alot of swats for that lol

DH is like this Leslie. Drives me nuts. He eats each item in turn.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,837
Points 366,182
Kris replied on Mon, Dec 31 2012 11:02 PM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:
Got a diagnosis on DLB. He has an autoimune disorder, and I have forgotten the name of it, but only 2.4 - 10 people in 1 million ever get this disorder.

Sounds like Sjogren's.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Mon, Dec 31 2012 11:06 PM | Locked

Kris:

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:
Got a diagnosis on DLB. He has an autoimune disorder, and I have forgotten the name of it, but only 2.4 - 10 people in 1 million ever get this disorder.

Sounds like Sjogren's.

Nope it is Churg Strauss Syndrome. I had to ask his wife. Ever heard of that? It is not cureable but can be managed with meds (Steriods) and P.T.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 35
Page 324 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 322 323 324 325 326 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use