Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 322 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 320 321 322 323 324 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,523
Points 50,970
Ginny replied on Mon, Dec 31 2012 10:14 AM | Locked

Oh, I hear you hobblng today, Gini.  I spent yesterday watching some young men building themselves a ski run with moguls on the hill across the street from me.  I had no idea that that little hill could be used for that.  For years the little kids have slid down it on their sleds but no one attempted what these youg fellows did.  I was amazed to watch them. I was certain they would end up in the street, but they were Good on those skis.  I was impressed.   Have fun out there today.    Ginny

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,370
Points 174,978
Marie replied on Mon, Dec 31 2012 10:14 AM | Locked

gini:
 going up and down the ladder all afternoon probably wasn't the best idea after skiing, but at least i didn't tumble off the ladder.

Ladder?  Not stairs?  Where is this new room?

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Mon, Dec 31 2012 10:49 AM | Locked

Kris:
It seems most places are colder than usual right now. We're in the single digits and expected to go lower. Brr.

I hear ya Kris, it was single digits this am but it is now a balmy 18 :)

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Mon, Dec 31 2012 11:08 AM | Locked

Lets all pray for safe passage to Nan and Maddie. Their plane leaves Altanta about 2:30 this aft. Happy New Year and ALOHA! Have a blessed visit with your DD and DGD in Honolulu!!  Wish I could have gone with you.  We love you.

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Mon, Dec 31 2012 11:11 AM | Locked

Good morning!

Brandy, I love that cheerful quilt!!

Sukochi, I'm glad the pump was easily putt o rights and you can once again wash your locks.

The fellas came home with 15 nice perch yesterday. Today I am tasked with cooking 'em. They're tasty wee beasts, but  I hate those scales and spines. I confess i can't fillet a fish to save my life, and DH doesn't do much better. Does anyone have a great method for fixing them that doesn't involve fancy knife work??

The butcher just called. The beef DH ordered back in Aug is in. "Ummm...? We ordered a beef??" Nice to know these things in time to set aside some mulla to pay for it. And on top of not having any cash, the butcher informs me that this is a particularly large bovine - meaning particularly expensive. It'll be good to have the freezer full, but I fear we may have to sell a gun to pay for it. (You'll notice that it's Dh's toys that will be sacrificed, not my own. LOL)

Bossman came by last night with a beautiful smoked goose for our Christmas gift (I've been goosed! - Is that sexual harrassment??). I'm gonna enjoy that. He also brought hte kids a new game for their Wii. They spent the evening giggling in from of the TV.  They are already begging to get back to it, but mean Mommy that i am, I insist that they do their chores first.

Gotta let the stove burn out today and clean out the ashes while it's warmish. That means the house is gonna get chilly for a little while... But better today while we're enjoying a 30 degree heat wave, then next week when the temps are set to drop again.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,523
Points 50,970
Ginny replied on Mon, Dec 31 2012 11:20 AM | Locked

Mmmm. CC , I wan to come to your house for a few meals.  Fresh caught perch and smoked goose- WOW  Call me after you get the stove cleaned out and the house nice and warm again.  LOL   

Ginny

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Mon, Dec 31 2012 11:27 AM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:

Brandi, This is pretty. What pattern is that? I love it. Seem it would be  pretty easy make.

The calvary is here. Already fixed. Electrical box went out, again. Jim was wrong. Aww... it happens.  Now I can wash dishes, clothes and HAIR.

It is gonna be a fantastic day.

Woo hoo Sukochi, so glad it was a fairly simple fix and hopefully not too expensive!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Mon, Dec 31 2012 11:29 AM | Locked

gini:
anyone ready to go skiing with me?  

At one point in my life I would have loved to, but I don't do cold these days. Have fun!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Mon, Dec 31 2012 11:43 AM | Locked

Gini

Sounds like you have had an interesting few days.  Watch out for that ladder.  You know that you don't have a good track record with those things.   Have fun skiing.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,402
Points 415,629
gini replied on Mon, Dec 31 2012 12:03 PM | Locked

chocake2:
a beautiful smoked goose for our Christmas gift (I've been goosed! - Is that sexual harrassment??).

i rely on a good goose to get me up into sam's truck after a hard day skiing.   or a day hardly skiing.   it's  a goose booster   not  harrasment. 

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,391
Points 46,980
Angele replied on Mon, Dec 31 2012 12:28 PM | Locked

Sukochi, DH and I lived that about three years ago in -30 temp!  The poor guy taking the pump out of the well had to install a tent and a heater so he could work on it.  Three days later, I was so happy to get water.  This is when it's nice to have lts of snow to melt to use... 

And yes you definitively need to tinkle...and drink lots.  I hope that it was only something minor that can easily be fixed.  My 75 year old neighbor had the foot valve on her pump go.  They installed a temporary one as they can't find the well with all the snow and frost.  So prayers going that your pump is an easy fix.

good luck!

i just read that all is fixed and good to go.  I glad it was minor.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,391
Points 46,980
Angele replied on Mon, Dec 31 2012 12:42 PM | Locked

Prayers for your DBIL going your way Sukochi.  Keeping your DH family in my thoughts and prayers.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,280
Points 28,950
Agnes replied on Mon, Dec 31 2012 12:51 PM | Locked

chocake2:
You'll notice that it's Dh's toys that will be sacrificed, not my own. LOL

I like your thinking. My cousin and best childhood friend came in for a visit last week. This was the first time since my last down size. I like watching people's faces when I show them my sewing area. It shows that sewing is more important to my survival than my sleep. My bed is twin size pushed up against the wall. Other than a chest of drawers the rest of the room is sewing related. The door was the only place for a design board that I could access easily so I got that fixed up this weekend. Now I'm on piecing streak.

Agnes in NW Ontario

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 203
Points 4,430
Brandy (Modern_Mosaic_Mom) replied on Mon, Dec 31 2012 1:25 PM | Locked

I just hit Hobby Lobby (with my wallet HA!) and came out with a couple of frames that I am going to decorate with paper and other scrap booking stuff and use them as dry erase boards. I also got a couple of blank canvases so I can make up a couple of mixed media pictures to hang in my office. 

Last year my New Years Resolution was to quit smoking. By the grace of God, I am smoke free. I gained 60 lbs - this after having lost 50 lbs in 2010 before I quit smoking. So this year, after much prayer, I have decided that I am going to,start making positive changes in my diet and start exercising. In 2012 I hated the word discipline. In 2013, I plan on embracing it. :) 

land now to get busy in my next quilt. :) tonight my DS and I are staying in, having Panda Express and just enjoying each other's company. 

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,653
Points 136,022
Leslie replied on Mon, Dec 31 2012 1:35 PM | Locked

Brandy., congrats on quitting smoking.The first time i stopped i also put on about 60,   went back to smoking and still kept the 60 lol

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 35
Page 322 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 320 321 322 323 324 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use