Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 320 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 318 319 320 321 322 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sun, Dec 30 2012 10:09 AM | Locked

Brandy ,nice job on the quilt . glad you won ..LOL  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 223
Points 4,380
Kristin (KAlbrecht) replied on Sun, Dec 30 2012 10:16 AM | Locked

Finishing up my RR3 quilt center, and my DH's "Love Minnesota" quilt today.

Wish me luck.  It's BRRRRRR cold here so I have no excuse but to stay indoors today.

The house cleaning can wait.

Kristin Lee WICKMAN Albrecht  

(I'm a WICKMAN . . . Don't let anybody tell you any different)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,108
Points 109,585
chocake2 replied on Sun, Dec 30 2012 11:24 AM | Locked

Good Morning,

I just now got my guys herded out the door for a day on the lake. They swore they were leaving "early" for their fishing expidition...  I had their thremos of cocoa and sannies all ready before 8.  Oh well. I hope they have fun....Maybe they'll come home with perch for supper (but just in case they don't, I am thawing a roast. LOL)

I am hoping to make some headway on the house work while they are gone. It's amazing how little I get done with the kids all home from School and DH enjoying his weekend. It's nuts!  DD has already announced that she is gonna spend the day focusing on her artwork so I am on my own.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Sun, Dec 30 2012 12:03 PM | Locked

Brandy, that looks great.

CC, So did Sprout go fishing, too?

Bad News, Bears!  Got up and  water pressure was nex to nothing. I jumped in and got a shower quick. Then, off to church. Everyone was hacking, noses running, one had strep and pneumonia!! At Church?? I think that would have kept me home. But, I digress. Water. Got home from church....NO WATER. On a private well. This is Sunday, tomorrow is New Years Eve, the next day is a Holiday. Might have to spend the first of the New Year in a motel.  Great.

Have Church tomorrow night, Bible Study on Weds. night. We had the well pump replaced not long ago, so it can't be that. Could the well have run dry? Oh, please NO!. No leaks anywhere. Or, at least that we can find.  How will I go to Church all those times with dirty hair???? Yuck. The water didn't give me enough time to wash my hair this a.m. Oh, dear. But, CornerstoneChurch will accept me, dirty hair and all.

Church was so awesome. I think, by the end of the sermon, we were numb. What do you know about the Scarlet worm? How does it relate to where God said "! am the worm?"  Our pastor searched this out and shocked all the other Pastors that he works with. Amazing. No one he knew had searched it out to the level he did yesterday. I am in awe of our God. There was not a dry eye in that building. And, we had one lost soul saved during the altar call. Praise God. I will hang a scarlett rope from my windows and make a red Dorr hanging for my front door. I want all who passes to know that as for me and my house, we will Praise the Lord!!!.

Well, off to the sewing room to see what I can get in to there. Oh, before I forget. Amy didn't bring my bag of "quilting goodies". She forgot. I will let her off the hook this time. She and Bill have a 13 y.o. girl, and three little boys. Her washing machine sprung a leak, and the ceiling tiles in her daughter's room fell in! So, she does have a good excuse. But, she pormised to bring it tomorrow nite. I made sure her Mama knew to remind her, as well as her hubby. She said there is lots of fabric. I have about 6 yards coming from the sales online, Nan has mailed a big box and others are sharing doggie  fabric with me. I will need to add a room!!! I will have an honest-to-goodness stash.

This is the best week EVER. Well, except that we can't wash dishes, or shower, or flush the toilets!! But, who cares I will have FABRIC, lots of fabric!! Ok, I need to tinkle! What did I say about no water, no matter????

Sukochi

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,507
Points 30,670
Diana replied on Sun, Dec 30 2012 12:55 PM | Locked

Sorry Sukochi about your water problem.  Do you have some kind of a creek or something nearby.  A bucket of water will do for flushing.  Or maybe a pond.  We had power out when we were up north and there was a spring fed pond across the road that never froze over solid so we got buckets of water for flushing.  Just a thought.

Diana (Bink) in East Tn.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Sun, Dec 30 2012 1:11 PM | Locked

It is a pain, but, this too shall pass.

We fill gallon milk bottles, during the year, for such emergencies in the winter. As, sometime,s the power will be off and that , to, means no water for flushing. We had some dishes and I filled the sink with a bottle of water and added soap. At least, when they can be washed and rinsed, there will not be hard, dried food. No creek but, if worse come to worse, there is Wlamrt and bottled water. In fact, I will go get some for drinking.

So, guess I am off to Wlamart.

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,108
Points 109,585
chocake2 replied on Sun, Dec 30 2012 1:48 PM | Locked

Sukochi, Didn't you mention cold temps there? My guess is that you either have a frozen water line  (If you live in a mobile home, thats definately  possibility!!) that just needs warming up,   or that the electric pump activator is stuck. That can be a  problem, especially if you have hard water. Ask Jim if he knows where the switch is, and tell him to go tap it with a wrench. You might need to clean the points.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,653
Points 136,022
Leslie replied on Sun, Dec 30 2012 2:09 PM | Locked

Brandy, great job on your quilt

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,725
Points 364,647
Kris replied on Sun, Dec 30 2012 2:30 PM | Locked

I'm bundled up on the couch. Holy cow it's cold.

Sorry about your water woes Sukochi.

Thanks for the update Thea. Stay safe and warm.

WTG Brandy.Hang in there Vivian. Sounds like you're doing what you need to do. The rest will come in time.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Sun, Dec 30 2012 3:07 PM | Locked

C.C. thanks for the suggestions, but, Jim knows all about the well. He doen't think it is the regulator. He said everything is moving like it should, nothing is burnt. We've had that happen. Not frozen underground pipes. We had the pump replaced last summer. Him thinks it may have gone out. Covered by warrenty if it did. Jim doesn't think it is electrical.

I will have to go in the morning to get my hair shampooed. Jim got a call that his brother is in the hospital, since this a.m. waiting for a bed. He was seen in the ER and is awaiting a neurological consult. He is slurring his words, has numbness in his legs and arms, coughing. They said he has pneumonia and earlier last week, was diagnosised with spinal stenosis. This man does NOT go to the ER ever for anything. But, they got scared with his symptoms, this a.m,. and decided to go. This is Jim's only sibling. Both their parents are dead. He just has 2 aunts and some cousins left. Please pray for Mickey.  We will go done to Roswell to the hospital in the morning. After, I get my hair washed, unless it becomes a real life threatening emergency over night.

Sukochi

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 203
Points 4,430
Brandy (Modern_Mosaic_Mom) replied on Sun, Dec 30 2012 3:31 PM | Locked

Thanks y'all! I just got back from delivering it and she loved it! I had told her last week that she didn't have to pay the other half since I didn't get it done when she originally wanted it. Thank the good Lord Almighty that she paid. It was much much needed. I guess her not paying me for the first t shirt quilt until 3 weeks after I delivered it was a trade off for me being 2 weeks behind on this one. 

On my way back from her house, I talked to a girl friend of mine and asked her what would happen if my power steering went out. It has been making a horrible whining sound since it froze (had been making small noises for a bit, but I didn't think anything of it). 

She said that I probably wouldn't be able to drive my car. Okay, not something I even remotely need right now. So I text  guy friend and before I put the phone down from pressing send, he calls me and orders (yeah...orders) me to go to AutoZone to get some power steering fluid. I did as ordered, and the dude even put it in my car for me. He commented that it was low, but there was no leak. I have had my car for 6 years now. I haven't done much to it aside from changing the oil. 

When I got in the car and started driving it, what do you know? Whining gone! Thank you Lord!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Sun, Dec 30 2012 5:38 PM | Locked

Finally got caught up again.  I really need to check in more often.  :o( 

Been keeping busy. Didn't have to work all week until Sat. so I got to play in the sewing room.  I have a huge stack on pillowcases cut for the ConKerr Cancer project that I started working on. Finished 16 so far.  Also did some fleece blankets for Project Linus.  I was going to start work on the cat tower project but it was just plain TOO COLD to mess around on the screened porch. That may have to wait until warmer weather.

Took the dogs to the vet for their shots on Fri.  Mac needs to go on a diet!  He weighed in at 101.5 lbs!!!!  They got walked twice Fri - two laps in the morning when we got home and three in the afternoon.  Wish I could get that much in with them every day --- be good for all of us. We had planned to do 3 laps today but Dave misread the thermometer.  He thought it said 58.  NOT!!!!  We were so cold after two laps that we called it quits.

I work tomorrow - only a short day though.  I also have Weds. and Sat.  Will be getting my first month of my embroidery club on Sat.  Laurie was stitching out some of the designs to show at club --- cute bird houses!. 

I have been critter sitting since Thurs evening.  The bunch next door went up to NC to visit the other Grandma while David Jr. is home from Germany.  David Jr. spent a lot of time talking to Celeste's step brother Dan who is career military. 

Have started un-decorating - moving things from other rooms over to where the Christmas tree is.  Mom always kept everything up until 12th night.  One year we kept the tree up until the end of Jan cause my brother was coming home on leave.  :o)  I usually take down the tree while watching the parade on New Years.  The house always looks so bare after we take down the decorations.

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,653
Points 136,022
Leslie replied on Sun, Dec 30 2012 6:05 PM | Locked

Marge, good to hear from you

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Sun, Dec 30 2012 7:17 PM | Locked

Vivian, it sounds like you are dealing as best you can. I know it sounds trite but it will get better. You are in my T&Ps (((HUGS))) (((HUGS)))

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Sun, Dec 30 2012 7:22 PM | Locked

CC, I hope your guys had a great time fishing and you were able to get some things done.

Suckohi, I sure hope your water problem is nothing serious, it seems like it is always something but you have a wonderful attitude about it. (((HUGS)))

Kris, we have just been trying to keep warm since we got home from Church. I told the kids it does not usually get really cold here and the snow does not last, so it has been cold since they got here and there has been snow on the ground since the day after they arrived - what does grandma know LOL

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Page 320 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 318 319 320 321 322 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use