Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 317 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 315 316 317 318 319 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Fri, Dec 28 2012 4:07 PM | Locked

Yup Karla... that's what I'm betting is ailing Jr too.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Fri, Dec 28 2012 5:48 PM | Locked

Okay, I'm too lazy to try and catch up so I'm just going to jump in. I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas, we sure did. It snowed the day after Christmas and the boys were thrilled. I'm ready for it to melt and go back to dry ground :) I'm still trying to figure out if I'm ever going to be able to sew again :( but I will figure something out. We just got back from town and need to figure out what we are going to have for supper, I forgot what a pain that is LOL

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,653
Points 136,022
Leslie replied on Fri, Dec 28 2012 6:05 PM | Locked

Spud, it is easy to forget how to cook again for more than one or two lol, but i am sure you will be fine lol

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,653
Points 136,022
Leslie replied on Fri, Dec 28 2012 6:06 PM | Locked

duplicate

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,653
Points 136,022
Leslie replied on Fri, Dec 28 2012 6:10 PM | Locked

I'm using my laptop my girls got me for Christmas, I have to say I'm not enjoying it so far. lol find it hard to use

[Ava, Missouri

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,407
Points 19,560
Melissa Halpain replied on Fri, Dec 28 2012 6:46 PM | Locked

Hi Thea, as usual, I'm a day late. Your grandchildren are just as cute as can be. I love looking at pictures of everyone's grand children. Alas, I have no grandchildren in my future so I have to admire everyone else's grandchildren. I'll bet you spoil them all the time.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Fri, Dec 28 2012 9:11 PM | Locked

Well... I bet wrong. Jr doesn't have strep, altho his culture came back possitive for a bacterial infection so he'll be on antibiotics for a little while. Dh said that the line at the pharmacy was something to behold, and more then half the folks waiting were in line for the same thing , so this germ must really be taking the town by storm.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,359
Points 242,262
Thea replied on Sat, Dec 29 2012 12:39 AM | Locked

CC - I hope that the virus goes away quickly in your neck of the woods...

I am almost ready to hit the road tomorrow - I got the floors done this evening - all steam cleaned - the car is mostly packed - tomorrow I have to find DH's lounging pants so he has something to wear when he sleeps so his grand kids aren't shocked by the old man...teehee... they are here somewhere - he was supposed to find them this evening - I really have no idea what he has done with them... so tomorrow - tear the house apart... along with finish packing the car - rearrange some of the things DH put in so that the passenger seat leans back... get the packages covered in the back seat so the car doesn't get broke into at the hotel tomorrow night... all these things to finish up... and my body just won't cooperate... what would I do without my pain meds... die in my chair that is what I would do!   

I got some cute pictures of my fur babies today - laying around the house - they are so adorable and they know something is going on... but just a short time away this time.  the furnsce decided to work - amazing after 3 days of wondering what was happening all ready to call the repair man and wow heat... so the house is all dry tonight - argh - what else can i whine about... my body hating me - oh I already did that...teehee...

any good ideas on how to put 16 points of material together in the middle of the block and I'll give you a fat quarter of material if you can figure it out without the lump...teehee... I charged the kindles - the cell phone - the gps unit and the computer... hmmm I know I am missing or forgetting something... teehee... I'll think of it before tomorrow - I hope...

But I will try and get online at the kids to let all know I made it okay - we don't expect any problems except frigid weather - I have 2 quilts in the car for the trip... sodas and chips and yummy gold fish - love munching on them when I drive... i think I am super excited to see my Darlings... oh can't wait till they live closer.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,736
Points 364,792
Kris replied on Sat, Dec 29 2012 12:59 AM | Locked

Safe travels Thea. We're supposed to get another round of the white stuff (90% chance) so I hope your way is clear. Let us know how you're doing when you can.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Sat, Dec 29 2012 7:13 AM | Locked

Thea, I have said travel prayers. May God go with you and keep you safe. Enjoy this special time with those Kids and Grands.

Sukochi

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,499
Points 48,010
Frances replied on Sat, Dec 29 2012 7:58 AM | Locked

Thea,

Have a wonderful time and a safe trip.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Sat, Dec 29 2012 8:05 AM | Locked

Jim asked last night, if I would PLEASe get the filing and 2012 sorted and ready to pack up. Big order but the papers to file are overflowin the file box. Guess that is to be my chore of the day. When there is a pleading tone in his voice, it is time to listen.

We are having a big pray and praise meeting at our Church on Monday nite from 9 -12:30. I so want to be there, to see in the New Year in, in  prayer with other faithful. However, as it is a 40 miles round trip to Church and back, I hesitate to go. That is the very worst night to be on the highway, of the year. I am praying about this, and ask that you join me in prayer, for God's instructions in this. I already know what He will say." I will keep you safe in this importants trip. Trust in me with all your heart."  He and I had a long discussion of what I need to do to please Him more. To walk in faith better. It was a tough 'come to Jesus" moment. As a new child of God, there is so much to learn, so much to change and get right. I am a work in progress. This study of the book of Romas is really opening my eyes as to just how and why we choose Jesus! If you have not ever read this so important book, make it a New Years resolution..

Guess I better put the now empty, coffee mug in the sink, get dressed and get at it. This filing doesn't do itself.

Everyone, have a blessed day. Antoher day to quilt is given to us. Let's do it. Well, you do it. I have to file! 

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,529
Points 51,060
Ginny replied on Sat, Dec 29 2012 8:19 AM | Locked

Spudgrandma,  I understand what you are going through completely with thinking up meals and doing them on a routine.  I too, have lost that ability.  When my daughter was with me for this few days, I couldn't think what to do except eat leftovers that we brought home from our Christmas dinner.  Except for that last night when I took her out for the "absolutely best corned beef sandwich in the world".  This restaurant makes their own corned beef from brisket and their own pickles to go with.  In fact, a lot of their dishes are completly home made.   But have you noticed that your cooking style has changed from what you used to cook when the kids were young?  I have.  Not as many starchy foods and one dish meals.  I think it makes it more difficult to know how to expand what we fixed for ourselves and what they are used to.   God luck with the meals and finding the time and place to be able to sew.  Things will settle down more now that the confusion of increasing your household during the holidays settles down.    Ginny 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,391
Points 46,980
Angele replied on Sat, Dec 29 2012 9:02 AM | Locked

Today is the last day my DS1 is here with us. Tomorrow we will make the 4 hour drive to the airport and hug him crazy, then turn around and come home.  He's been with us a whole week. How time flies!

so today having friends over for supper and hoping to get some quilting done.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,387
Points 175,288
Marie replied on Sat, Dec 29 2012 9:45 AM | Locked

Spud, I'm going to have to learn to cook again, not cooking got me to the weight I'm at.  Fast food, order in, cake and tea for snack, the list goes on.  It stinks cooking for one, easier to fill up on snacks.  Boy, have I gotten lazy!

Millbury, MA

Page 317 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 315 316 317 318 319 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use