Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 304 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 302 303 304 305 306 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,846
Points 40,250
ls2116 replied on Sun, Dec 23 2012 1:00 PM | Locked

I'm slow on cooking prep don't want to stand for long my instep is still screaming!  I'm gonna check on this moose quilt your talking about.

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 203
Points 4,430
Brandy (Modern_Mosaic_Mom) replied on Sun, Dec 23 2012 1:08 PM | Locked

Okay, here it is so far. She wants to move stuff around, hence the picture from up high. My church is big, so they have plenty of open space. 

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Sun, Dec 23 2012 2:30 PM | Locked

Lookin good, Brandy. I did a t-shirt quilt for my Neice's graduation. It was a bear. 'Hope I never take it into my head to do another one... LOL

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Sun, Dec 23 2012 4:38 PM | Locked

OK - so I haven't been posting for quite a while.  I just haven't been interested in getting frustrated with the site.  now I have spent the better part of two afternoons just to get caught up on this thread!  I haven't been working any more at the shop than usual.  I am only getting two days a week which is frustrating since I have more seniority than the four gals that were hired after me.  I am just thankful for the hours that I do get. 

I finally finished up all the gifts I was making yesterday.  I made David Jr's girlfriend a Kindle cover after lunch yesterday.  He was surprised how fast I whipped it up because I had just asked him before lunch whether she had a cover for her Kindle.  Now the first one (for Dave) was a different story. :o)  I was misreading the directions and couldn't figure out how it was going to work.  When I went step by step, it finally dawned on me.  I was going to try to figure out a cover for his new printer too, but that will have to wait until after the holidays along with the "inserts" for the cat tower that my DS made out of PVC piping to use out on the screened porch.   Kitties need something to "perch" on now that we don't have the Christmas decorations bins stacked on the front porch but stored in our new shed. 

I treated myself to a Christmas present.  I joined the Anita Goodesign embroidery club at our shop.  I am bound and determined to figure out how to use my fancy embroidery machine this year!!!  I also got a surprise when I was getting ready to leave work on Friday.  Terre' called me into the office and gave me one of the really nice ironing boards that we sell and told me "Merry Christmas from your Hubby!"  Dave laughed at me when I told him I wanted a new ironing board for Christmas.

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

• | Post Points: 80
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 203
Points 4,430
Brandy (Modern_Mosaic_Mom) replied on Sun, Dec 23 2012 6:53 PM | Locked

chocake2:

Lookin good, Brandy. I did a t-shirt quilt for my Neice's graduation. It was a bear. 'Hope I never take it into my head to do another one... LOL

Thanks CC! Actually I don't mind tshirt quilts, but jersey quilts, in particular hockey jersey quilts, are a complete pain in the bum. Double layers and all a hatred for quilters. No way to stabilize them efficiently, so I sashed. I have to finish it off by tomorrow. No bueno. She made small changes in the layout, which made it look better, so tonight and tomorrow will be spent cutting and quilting. Thankful the quilting part will be in the ditch and since it is a display piece only, no batting will be used. Saves me money at least. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Sun, Dec 23 2012 7:28 PM | Locked

Boo Hoo, no Christmas company for us. Nan, politely, declined when I told her this a.m,. that, now, Jim is sick, too. Can't blame her. I would not want to risk my Hawaiian get-away, by spending Christmas with sick folks, either.

Was looking forward to learning a new craft. Crocheted rugs. My great granny made those for years. I think there probably is still a chair mat made like that hiding in this house somewhere.. Probably contains a bit of a dress I wore as a child, as that is what she made them from. I think she called things made out of no longer useable clothes, make-dos. You "make do" with what is left. My Granny was on the poor side and could not afford new fabric to make anything but clothes. Neighbors would give her their old clothes, also. In exchange for some, she would make them a chair mat or two as payment for all the fabric she received from them. Times have sure changed.

Going to bed. My head is killing me, and the ear ache is back with a vengence!

Merry Christmas Eve Eve, everyone.

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,729
Points 437,100
Nana replied on Sun, Dec 23 2012 9:36 PM | Locked

Marge

How funny with the ironing board.  Lewis and I went to Sears Friday to pick up SIL's gift.  While we were there he asked me what I wanted for Christmas.  We went to housewares and I found a new waffle maker and a really nice extra large ironing board.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sun, Dec 23 2012 9:41 PM | Locked

Marge (AKA Dimples):
one of the really nice ironing boards that we sell and told me "Merry Christmas from your Hubby!"

What a romantic gesture!  LOL  If the ironing board is from the quilt shop, does it have one of those extra long, extra wide pressing surfaces?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sun, Dec 23 2012 9:46 PM | Locked

Nana:
We went to housewares and I found a new waffle maker and a really nice extra large ironing board.

I spotted two ironing boards in your picture of the wildlife panel, Nana.  Is one of them the new one, or do you now have three?  I suppose you'd like to get one ironing board set up next to each of your sewing machines.  LOL  Or maybe you push them all together when you're ironing one of your tents.  Oh goodness, now that you're feeling better, we can start to pick on you again!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,729
Points 437,100
Nana replied on Sun, Dec 23 2012 10:15 PM | Locked

Nancy

The one ironing board that is under the window is cracked so it will now go in the trash.  The other is the smaller board that I have been using since the big one broke.  Now it will be able to go back to just being a backup board.  And yes you can definitely pick on me....it made me smile and I haven't been smiling alot.   Too bored to smile most of the time but that is getting much better.

Vinton, Virginia

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 57
Points 1,570
Donna replied on Sun, Dec 23 2012 10:46 PM | Locked
Hi Dimples, Maybe it's because I'm out west and usually post at a later time, I haven't had much trouble with QCA delays. I know they've made a sincere effort to speed things up and get the kinks out of their system. Hopefully, you'll notice an improvement. Seniority at work doesn't seem to count much these days, but such is life. On the sunny side, I hope you enjoy your embroidery club. I'm sure you'll learn some amazing things. I worked in a sewing shop some years ago and enjoyed doing demos on their Viking Rose. What a sweet gift your got from your Hubby! When I was much younger, I wasn't so appreciative when I got a new iron for Christmas. How times change! I would love a larger, rectangular ironing board but with DH GM's beautiful old piano in my sewing area there's not enough room. I manage with my old standard board so no complaining here. I'm sure the Kindle cover you made for Jr's girlfriend will be appreciated. E books need to be protected. Looking forward to getting better acquainted with you. Wishing you a blessed Christmas, Donna in Oregon
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,508
Points 48,175
Frances replied on Mon, Dec 24 2012 12:41 AM | Locked

Sukochi,

Hope you and Jim feel better soon, so sorry about your company for Christmas as i know how much you were looking forward to it.

Yesterday the rain finally stopped for a day so i managed to plant out the new flowering cherry tree we have brought and we have two greenhouses usually both have tomatoes in but next year we are changing that one is having tomatoes and the other one is having strawberrys, so iplanted some of them as well have ordered some more as i wanted an old variety better taste to them, ive also ordered some cut flower seeds, i have some bulbs to plant but i dont think that will happen anytime soon.

If anyone has any prayers they can spare it would be appreciated over here as it has been raining constantly apart from yesterday and today ive just woken up and its back again we have over 170 flood warnings in place but this is likely to go back up with the amount of rain we are expecting and in some areas people are advised not to make there journey unless essential. oh and in case any ones wondering i live on a hill nearly everywhere else has to be flooded before it gets to us, here are some pics to show what its like.

lots of love

Francesxx

• | Post Points: 155
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,482
Points 417,079
gini replied on Mon, Dec 24 2012 1:12 AM | Locked

my goodness, frances, i hope your rain lets up soon.

gini in north idaho

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,508
Points 48,175
Frances replied on Mon, Dec 24 2012 1:15 AM | Locked

So do i Gini, do you want some:)

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Mon, Dec 24 2012 1:54 AM | Locked

Frances, do you live in a city that is flooding like that?  With your talk of gardening, I imagined you lived in the country.

Page 304 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 302 303 304 305 306 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use