Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 297 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 295 296 297 298 299 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 203
Points 4,430
Brandy (Modern_Mosaic_Mom) replied on Thu, Dec 20 2012 8:22 AM | Locked

Sukochi - So sorry about being so sick so close to Christmas!  Your husband is very sweet to help run errands!  I hope and pray that the shots you got will perk you right up and get you moving again.

Thea - I checked my mail today and a little elf seemed to have sent me a very sweet Christmas card.  <3 Thank you! <3

Yesterday after I had put the new tire where the other one was flat, my car was shaking so badly it scared me.  I knew it was because there was one brand new tire and three really old ones.  Off to Discount Tire I went!  Prayed and prayed that they would have a descent sale so I could get at least one more tire to balance out the shaking.  The guy looked at my tires and said I needed three new ones, four if you count the other one that went flat.  I told him I couldn't swing that.  He looked in the back and happened to have two used tires he could sell me - MUCH better than the bald ones I had with the belts coming out!  So I got those two put on.  After inspecting them, they look brand new to me!  Thank the Lord!  I just need to replace the other two here soon and I'll be good to go.  Will be calling them again in a couple of weeks to see if *maybe* they have two other used ones.  I got both of the used tires for less than the cost of ONE new one!  God is so good!

Just another day and a half at work and I'll be free for 11 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Well, mostly free.  I have quilts to quilt that are my own as well as the jersey quilt that needs to be done before Christmas.  Cutting it close, but I'll figure out how to get it done quickly.

Love and quilty hugs to you all!

Brandy

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,383
Points 20,740
Carolyn (CarolBeau) replied on Thu, Dec 20 2012 9:01 AM | Locked

Brandy:

Just another day and a half at work and I'll be free for 11 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Well, mostly free. 

Me too!!  Actually, I have tons of stuff to do, but still, at least some free time to do it!  :D

Raleigh, NC

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,615
Points 178,613
Marie replied on Thu, Dec 20 2012 9:18 AM | Locked

Thea:
Have a great last day of the earth!!!  and as I read on facebook - all those who think the world is ending tomorrow can drop all their valuables here at my house - but don't come back on the 22nd wanting them...teehee  ... I'll give them back!

Hell, tomorrow is my 75th birthday and my daughter is taking me to N. Conway, N.H. for the weekend so it better not end!  Who do I get in touch with to ask for a delay? 

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 95
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,537
Points 21,100
Margaret Weber replied on Thu, Dec 20 2012 10:18 AM | Locked

Marie, I hope you have a great weekend and a wonderful birthday.  Happy Birthday a day early.

Margaret

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Thu, Dec 20 2012 10:26 AM | Locked

Vivian :
He wants the divorce, he can do the work and file. 

That might not be the best move, Vivian. It seems like courts settle in favor of the person to file first. I'd suggest talking to a lawyer and getting guidence.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Thu, Dec 20 2012 10:30 AM | Locked

Carolyn, I love your new pick.  :D

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,537
Points 21,100
Margaret Weber replied on Thu, Dec 20 2012 10:31 AM | Locked

I am finally done with my classes.  It was so much work but I did well in both classes I think.  I just need the instructors to finish grading the rest of the work.  Once grades are posted then I will have to order a transcript from Northampton and try to transfer to Victor Valley Community College and get waitlisted.  Since we will not be residents of California by college standards until Feb. 10th, being wait listed is fine since I do not want to pay out of state rates.

I am actually working in a child care center a few hours a day so that is a start.  I am ready for 2012 to be over.  This has been a year of many ups and downs.

It looks like DH is right yest again.  I ended up with a double ear infection and sinus infection for Thanksgiving and after 20 days of amoxiccillian I still have the ear infection I believe.  DH was asking why I let them give me the amoxxicillian when we both know it does nothing for me.  I was hoping he was wrong.  So tomorrow I have to try and get into the clinic after DH's holiday lunch at his office and be out of the clinic and home before 5 pm so that we can be at the church at 5:30 pm.

DH has had play practice (he was voluntI am eered to do a speaking role) all this week and there are three prefomances starting tomorrow night, Saturday night and Sunday night.  He is a better sport about being volunteered without asking him then I would have been.  he really only wanted to play in the band and now he is doing both.  For me I finished classes last Friday, did Christmas shopping Friday night and Sunday, baked cookies on Tuesday and Wednesday and today I need to make a big batch of scalloped potaoes to put in the crock pot for DH's office Christmas party tomorrow.

I am looking forward to some quiet time, although DH will be on use or lose leave starting December 27rh until January 14th so peice and quiet may have to wait awhile. 

Margaret

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Thu, Dec 20 2012 10:31 AM | Locked

Marie:
tomorrow is my 75th birthday

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MARIE!!!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Thu, Dec 20 2012 10:54 AM | Locked

It's a bright shiney new day...Spend it wisely!

Sprout's full of songs and chuckles this morning. He's thrilled to have his big brothers home. They're tickled to get to sleep in and spend the day finishing Christmas stuff.

DD has school through the week, altho I think we'll keep her home tomorrow. Would you believe  that some wacko called a school threat into the 911 dispatch center in Billings? They had no trouble tracking him down and arresting him - he's sleeping off a drunk in the Billings jail according to the paper - but it makes you wonder how many kooks are out there. One assumes most are smarter then that.  It's a sad thing when you don't feel safe sending your kids to school.

My MIL has invited us all to dinner at her house tomorrow. She wants to celebrate Dh's Dad's b-day  - he's been dead nearly 50 years and none of us knew him (DH was little when he was killed) but she started this 'tradition" 2  years ago and expects us all to put on a big show of mourning him once a year. (I actually think it's rather cruel to DH - it's a reminder of everything he missed with his father - but we go along with it.)  Anyway, this year she announced that we were having it a day early (Dad was born on the 22nd) so 'we can all be together when the world ends."   Uh, yeah. Sure. Right, Mom.  Honestly, if I believed the hype, do you think I'd want to spend my final moments eating over-cooked chicken with canned spinach, and putting up with MiL's theatrics in Podunkville??   No Way!!  ... I'd be here with you all! :D

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,736
Points 437,180
Nana replied on Thu, Dec 20 2012 10:56 AM | Locked

Sukochi

Sorry you are so sick right here at Christmas.  It always makes me feel worse when it is close to a holiday when I get sick.   I hope the meds help....bronchitis is no fun.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Thu, Dec 20 2012 10:56 AM | Locked

Vivian :
I am hoping that time and therapy will put us on the right track again.  Doubtful, but hopeful.

Vivian, stranger things have happened!  Time and breathing room can work miracles - believe me!  If you do try therapy, be really careful and get the right therapist that both of you can relate to...that is critical!  

Myself and DH separated, ended up divorcing.  We were not lucky enough to find the right therapist to work with us.  However,  after 5 yrs we realized we had been happier together than we were apart.  We both learned a lot in those five years, moved back together on a trial basis,  finally re-married and since then life has been a lot better than in our earlier years.  Miracles happen in all kinds of ways!  And again, as painful as it was, I think we are both better people for having gone through the experience.   

Whatever happens for you, I know you are a strong person and you will get through this.  Take it one day at a time and try to find some joy in the holiday season.

Winthrop, WA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 247,949
Barbara replied on Thu, Dec 20 2012 11:17 AM | Locked

Marie ,happy birthday ,Hope you have a great time in NH . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Thu, Dec 20 2012 11:32 AM | Locked

Marie:
tomorrow is my 75th birthday and my daughter is taking me to N. Conway, N.H. for the weekend so it better not end!  Who do I get in touch with to ask for a delay? 

Happy Birthday Marie. I know you will have a wonderful time with your daughter. Have fun, I'm not at all worried about the world ending. The Mayans could not predict their own demise, so not holding to much trust in their ability to predict the end of the earth. LOL

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Thu, Dec 20 2012 11:35 AM | Locked

Marie:
tomorrow is my 75th birthday and my daughter is taking me to N. Conway, N.H. for the weekend so it better not end!  Who do I get in touch with to ask for a delay? 

Happy Birthday Marie. I know you will have a wonderful time with your daughter. Have fun, I'm not at all worried about the world ending. The Mayans could not predict their own demise, so not holding to much trust in their ability to predict the end of the earth. LOL

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Thu, Dec 20 2012 11:38 AM | Locked

chocake2:

Vivian :
He wants the divorce, he can do the work and file. 

That might not be the best move, Vivian. It seems like courts settle in favor of the person to file first. I'd suggest talking to a lawyer and getting guidence.

Vivian, I agree with CC; you need a lawyer to, at the very least, make sure you are not signing anything that you shouldn't.

Page 297 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 295 296 297 298 299 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use