Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 296 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 294 295 296 297 298 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,821
Points 85,145
Sukochi replied on Wed, Dec 19 2012 7:14 PM | Locked

Jim is here, quizing me on what we need to ge,t food wise, what else we need to get for DS and DDIL, what are we having for Christmas Dinner. Ha! Does he not understnad that my mind is gone?? I can't even come up with these answers, right now. He had me make a list. Then, said it doesn't make sense to him. DUH!! . I am giving some lottery tickets  to DS and DDIL. Who knows some quick picks daily tickets pay well.

Going to bed. Pillows can't ask me questions.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,299
Points 45,925
Angele replied on Wed, Dec 19 2012 7:17 PM | Locked

So hare is my plans for the next 100hrs or so.  Three more days of work at school. To iChat I need to make more toffee, some Cuban lunches and chocolate pleaders. Oh yeah and cheesecake  bars.  Now tomorrow after work is my haircut, then packing gifts for the teachers I work with as I am an education support worker. I also need to finish cleaning the house put up some decorations wrap gifts and sleep!  Saturday, the boys come. Oh yeah we need to drive four hours to Winnipeg to pick up DS1 and be back here on time to greet DS2 and DIL.  No decorations as we are getting ready to put wood floors down.  Oh we'll this too will come and pass! Life would be boring otherwise...hihihi.;-)

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,038
Points 108,680
chocake2 replied on Wed, Dec 19 2012 7:27 PM | Locked

Ginny:

Wow, what a day, Chocake.  Makes me hyper and then tired just reading about it.   Here I sit with my leg elevated on 2 pillows to keep the swelling down so my sore heals.  You just tuckered me right out.     Ginny

I'm sorry I wore you out. Heck, I wore me out!! I think tonight I deserve a hot buttered rum and a quiet corner... LOL (Yeah, I know it's not gonna happen, but it's fun to dream). 

I think I missed somthing, Ginny. What sore? I'm sorry you are boo-booed and confined.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 6,195
nantenn replied on Wed, Dec 19 2012 7:39 PM | Locked

CC, I have to say I think your posts are worthy of a reality tv program!  I am truly serious when I say you must be made of Teflon to have all the stuff slide off you daily. Do you howl at th moon or scream in the woods in secret??...

between you and Sukochi I M always cracking up laughing. God bless both of you for making life a lot more fun.

thanks, nan

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,123
Points 411,194
gini replied on Wed, Dec 19 2012 8:12 PM | Locked

vivian, i am so sorry to hear that you and your husband are separating.   that  man must be nuts to let a treasure like you go. 

gini in north idaho

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 203
Points 4,430
Brandy (Modern_Mosaic_Mom) replied on Wed, Dec 19 2012 8:40 PM | Locked

What a day.  

I'm sorry for having to vent a lot lately.  I feel like Eyeore lately.  The holidays bring out the worst in me.  Next year I want that to not happen because even I don't want to be around myself.  

I made it through my day, God is still God and I am still a masterpiece in the making.

God bless and good night y'all

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,396
Points 19,400
Melissa Halpain replied on Wed, Dec 19 2012 9:00 PM | Locked

Brandy:
I made it through my day, God is still God and I am still a masterpiece in the making.

I love this sentence. I've never heard it put this way before.  I must have really need to read this post today. I have been making some aprons and hot pads for  my sister for Christmas. I need the batting with the heat resistance in it. I know I have two packages of it and one package of just the heat resistance fabric. Do you think I could find any of it? I have torn my sewing room about and been looking for it all afternoon. Still no luck. I am going to get some sleep and try again tomorrow. Any single mother needs extra of God's blessings. So God bless you too. I raised 2 boys and a girl by myself, so I know how rough it can be. Just enjoy your holidays and spend extra time with your little one. God bless you both.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,378
Points 48,830
Ginny replied on Wed, Dec 19 2012 9:07 PM | Locked

Oh CC, I dropped a couple of pieces of laminate flooring on my leg before halloween, it hurt like ol' Billy Heck. I developed a very large blood blister on the leg that took 3 weeks before it broke finally and Doc told me to keep antibiotic ointment on it, but it wasn't healing or getting any smaller, so I made an appointment at the wound care center and now I have a whole regimen to follow, including keeping my leg above my heart level as much as possible,washing and dressing it 2ce a day after scrubbing it with a wound care brush,( read that as tooth brush).  Then after dressing it I have to put a compressive bandage on it.    Really resticts what I can do.    Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,038
Points 108,680
chocake2 replied on Wed, Dec 19 2012 10:15 PM | Locked

Ginny:

Oh CC, I dropped a couple of pieces of laminate flooring on my leg before halloween, it hurt like ol' Billy Heck. I developed a very large blood blister on the leg that took 3 weeks before it broke finally and Doc told me to keep antibiotic ointment on it, but it wasn't healing or getting any smaller, so I made an appointment at the wound care center and now I have a whole regimen to follow, including keeping my leg above my heart level as much as possible,washing and dressing it 2ce a day after scrubbing it with a wound care brush,( read that as tooth brush).  Then after dressing it I have to put a compressive bandage on it.    Really resticts what I can do.    Ginny

Well Po0P! That just sucks!! I hope you're all better soon. Be careful, fallow the doc orders and heal well.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,053
Points 169,998
Marie replied on Wed, Dec 19 2012 11:55 PM | Locked

Nan, enjoy your time in Hawaii you lucky gal!  How long will you be there?

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 43,630
Vivian replied on Thu, Dec 20 2012 6:00 AM | Locked

Thankyou all for the support, I can't begin to tell you how comforting it is.   It was our decision not just mine so I have to remember, in the middle of the night when I cán't sleep because I'm lonely and sad,  that if he was here I'd probably want to punch him.  I can manage fine during the day, I only have momentary little breakdowns but the reality is, we can''t breath the same air.  that being said, I'm not fliling for 6 months and actually, I've decided not to file at all.  He wants the divorce, he can do the work and file.  I am hoping that time and therapy will put us on the right track again.  Doubtful, but hopeful.

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 12,941
Points 234,192
Thea replied on Thu, Dec 20 2012 6:25 AM | Locked

I am awake and it is another day!  It is extremely cold here - temp says 32 but with a 50 kt wind out there I think it feels more like 10...DH dressed very warmly as he left to go to work.  I feel for him as I sit here in my cozy comfy chair with my electric fireplace glowing in front of me as it sends waves of warm air out into the room... poor hubby!  I do remember all those days in Japan when I got up and he stayed in that warm cozy bed...hmmmm paybacks are a - well you know what...teehee...

Vivian my heart goes out to you - and yep if he wants the divorce - let him pay for it - just sit back and relax  - get yourself a dog or kitty to cuddle with - and a can to kick around the house to get rid of your frustrations.  It will get easier as the days go by.  I was not married to my 1st husband as long as you have been married but it did get easier each day that we were apart.  I feel for you though as I put distance - lots of distance between us - joined the AF and left town...teehee... wish you were young enough to do that?  Don't - they send you to scary places these days!  

I started finishing up Rita's quilt yesterday - I have all the vertical and horizontal rows done and now am working on the stippling I am doing around all the dog blocks.  It is starting to feel like a quilt - It went from fluffy to flat in no time.  I am taking it easy though as I don't want my chest to start hurting again.  Did I tell you my heart doctor on the last visit thinks he has it figured out!  He did a chest x-ray and my ribs are riddled with RA - and he said when the joints in the rib cage get enflamed that that is when I am having all the pain - so I have to be careful not to stress the chest muscles - and that for me is what quilting the quilts does... so no 8 hours at the machine trying to quilt one - I did 2 hour periods and left it for something else - Last night I worked on it through the latest bat man movie and boy was that movie good - best one I have watched - loved the ending... so ready now for another one - come on Robin...teehee

Well, going to get up and get a pop tart and eat it while I watch the programs that I tivod last night... and relax in my comfy cozy chair till my body wakes up completely and says - okay - you can get up and sew now!  teehee... plus I have to redo the kitchen floor - I saw puddie paw marks where they had walked before it dried...argh!!! that is okay though - I have that and laundry to do - and maybe a sprucing of vacuuming on the floor in here - that is all the housework that needs to be done so it is awesome...

Have a great last day of the earth!!!  and as I read on facebook - all those who think the world is ending tomorrow can drop all their valuables here at my house - but don't come back on the 22nd wanting them...teehee  ... I'll give them back!

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,821
Points 85,145
Sukochi replied on Thu, Dec 20 2012 7:24 AM | Locked

Got up at 4 this a.m. too sick to sleep. Was really my hives that were causing me not to sleep. Itching so bad. Went t the Doctor this a.m. at 7. Bronchitis and sinusitis. Everyone in town is sick, he says. He gave me a magic shot so in 24 hours, I will be just fine. They hurt so bad going in and it is worth the pain. Plus, I got a steriod shot for my hives, and Predisone tofgollow up the shot. The hives will be gone, too.

Now, Friday, I have tons to do. Jim, said he will do the Walmart shopping this aft. He is wonderful, this morning!. So, when Nan arrives it will all be done. Will go to Church on Sunday and again on Christmas Eve. She will got with on C.E. We will go out to supper before Church.

Going to bed, so tired.

Have a quilty day, everyone.

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,299
Points 45,925
Angele replied on Thu, Dec 20 2012 7:28 AM | Locked

This is amazing Thea. Even through pain and frustration, you manage to make me smile and laugh.  I liked your comment about having a can to kick around... An image immediately came to mind...hihihi. It was very funny! So wrap yourself in soft hear, and be good to your body so it doesn't rebel so often.

have a great quilty day. Moff to work I go... Oh those lovely children all hyped up ...gotta love'em!

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,299
Points 45,925
Angele replied on Thu, Dec 20 2012 7:35 AM | Locked

Sukochi, this is not good!  I'm so sorry you are feeling so sick and so much pain. I hope and pray that themeds will make you feel like yourself soon.  I'm sending you warm quilty hugs to wrap around you and make you feel better.  Sleep well my friend.

((((HUGS))))

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 35
Page 296 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 294 295 296 297 298 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use