Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 295 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 293 294 295 296 297 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,346
Points 241,972
Thea replied on Wed, Dec 19 2012 11:03 AM | Locked

To make a video group call on Skype - one person in the group would have to have what is called Skype premium - the cost for this is 4.99 a month - so that is the information I have found so far.  

I tried to post some stuff from the Skype account but got that needed permissions to do it...

i will try to write it in my own words and maybe it will get through...lol

No matter wherer they are you can get up to 10 people on a group video call.  Great for family get togethers or small business meetings.

To make a call one person has to have Skype Premium.

A fair usage policy applies:  fair usage - group video calls are limited to 100 hours per month no more then 10 hours in one day and a limit of 4 hours per individual calls.  Once these limits have been reached the video will shut off and the call will revert to audio.

I am not wanting at this time to upgrade to a Premium account but if anyone else does  - that would be great - if you want to call me when I am not online with Barbara my name on Skype is QuiltingThea - or you can contact me on Facebook - On facebook if you try to find me you won't be able to as I am very restrictive - so you have to email me or PM me here and I'll send you a friend request.  I limited my facebook so that strangers would not be able to access me in any way!  But friends are more then welcome.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Wed, Dec 19 2012 11:44 AM | Locked

t

Thea ,thanks for the Skype info ,but I'm with you I can't afford another monthly fee so I'll have to pass on that to .Same goes for me that Thea said I can Skype with anyone when I 'm not on with Thea. LOL 

Well just got back from doing my running  I was so frustrated when I pick up my meds today . .First they have been bugging me to pick them up by phone and then when I got there they were not ready, so I had to wait about 30 mins for then to fill them ,then when I went to pay for them I darn near had a coronary as the cost was 350.00  I Could not figure out why they were so expensive as I have insurance and they have never been that high ,Well as those of you on meds know you have no choice you have to get them. But I sure was not happy and was gonna come home and call the insurance company to find out why. so after this I went to the grocery store and got some things we needed that was all cool.  Got home and sat down to call the insurance company and got to looking closer as the packages and found out they had filled them for three months .I felt like a total fool ..thank goodness I had not called and started complaining .  this is the first time they have approved the three month fill so I guess I've happy now with that.. LOL

Sonowt all the grocery are put up, Paul and I cleaned up the kitchen ,and I'm ready to get my sewing day started. Now I'm just waiting on the rain we are suppose to get before the big snow storm hits.  I'm all ready tucked in the house and have all the running complete.  Only thing left to do today is I'm gonna make a pot of Vegetable beef soup for dinner and some more fresh baked bread in the machine.  YUM YUM...Hope you all have a great day ..Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Wed, Dec 19 2012 11:54 AM | Locked

Good snowy morning everyone!  Being in Eastern Washington State,we are at the front line of the "Winter Storm Warning" moving across the USA from west to east today.  We have been in a winter storm warning since 4 am and will be for the next 36 hours.  Our forecast is for another 12-18 inches of snow in the next 24 hours.   It has been snowing lightly all morning and is now increasing to heavy snow.   Hmmmm  Time to hunker down, stay home, drink hot chocolate and...work on quilts!  So, for those of you east of here, it is a'coming...be prepared!

Winthrop, WA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Wed, Dec 19 2012 12:11 PM | Locked

Vivian, you have been in my thoughts and prayers a lot lately.  I went through a similar period in my life about 30 years...at the same time of year.  I don't know why men seem to pick the holiday season to make these announcements, but they seem to...all too frequently.  It was devastating for me, as I am sure it has been for you.  I also remember how hard the nights were...believe me I do!  I will never forget them!!!  Every day and night is a major accomplishment right now for you.  But, you will survive and be a stronger and better woman for having lived through this.  Again, hang in there and know I am thinking of you and saying a prayer too...

p.s.  You are older and wiser than I was...avoid those red "hot" buttons...LOL!

Winthrop, WA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Wed, Dec 19 2012 12:34 PM | Locked

Vivian, I'm so happy to see you, I have missed you!

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Wed, Dec 19 2012 12:35 PM | Locked

Dawn:
Going back to bed for a bit.

Get some good rest Dawn, sometimes we just have to give up and admit we are exhausted and the only thing that will help is sleep.. :)

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 6,195
nantenn replied on Wed, Dec 19 2012 3:02 PM | Locked

Nanner here! Just mentioned some people who got flu shots still got flu as there is another strain not in the shot that came along this yr. call me anything just so you call me for supper!!

see I do not want to end 10 hrs on airplane with a head cold. We will likely get sick once there just do to different germ base plus germs from everywhere being on iisland. 

Best part of trip is daughter promised shop hop!!!

went to bank for$ and to make sure they do not deny any credit charges in Hawaii. Told them dates so they would know no one stole cards and ran off. I also will get to see a friend I met on another forum, one for nurses so that should be neat. My hair gal had to go out of state as her daughter is sick and she has small child so we went looking for someone to do my hair and trim Maddie's ends. First place we stopped had a girl who can do it tomorrow. Hate to change at this late date but reg gal won't be back till new yeyears I will watch fireworks over Waikiki Beach on New Year's Eve and say a special prayer for all my friends to have a blessed new year!!

anyone desiring a post card may PM me your addresses and I will send one.

May all have a great Holiday season without any drama! Love, 

Nan.

alias nanner

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Wed, Dec 19 2012 3:12 PM | Locked

Vivian

I hope those hard days become fewer and fewer.   I also hope you can start sleeping better soon.  You stay in my thoughts and prayers.   With all the "extra" time you will just have to start visiting all us quilting friends in the lower 48.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,507
Points 30,670
Diana replied on Wed, Dec 19 2012 4:17 PM | Locked

Doing a Skype sewing session sounds like a lot of fun.   I have a Skype addy    mamaboots131 is my name so if anyone wants to add it, you're welcome to.   I talk to a friend every week in the UK so I know it works well.....  Today I took a friend and went to JoAnn's.  They had a big sale with 70% off Christmas stuff.  I got a bunch of gift bags for next year's guild Christmas gifties....hehehe     Also got some flannel for baby quilt backings on sale.   Tomorrow is going to be wet and cold so it's going to be a good sewing day for me.  

Diana (Bink) in East Tn.   

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,346
Points 241,972
Thea replied on Wed, Dec 19 2012 5:23 PM | Locked

Diana - I tried to add your name and it said skype name not found - try and add me to yours if you would - quiltingthea - I tried several times!  full name for me is Althea Foster - email - altheafoster@att.net

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Wed, Dec 19 2012 5:35 PM | Locked

Wh0oofta! What a day...  I was getting ready for Ladys lunch when one of the gals from the club and announced that she was going to "just drop in for aminute" before  the meeting. She had a few baby cloths for me to go through... yeah... uh-huh.  20 min before I have to be out the door, with a baby in tow, and she wants me to sort through garbage bags of stuff and just take what I want and return the rest. Thankfully my ride called right after and said she was running a few minutes late so I got the one out the door before the other one got here. 

Ladies lunchion went off without a hitch except the restraunt where we were meeting forgot we were coming today and was short staffed. Our orders took forever. My ride and I finally had to ask for ours in a go box because  we weren't gonna have time to eat... and it still took another 20 min to get out of there.  We ended up going straight to the school instead of her dropping me off to get my own vehicle. We got there just in time for the gift exchange. What fun!!  But of course using one vehicle meant that we all had to come home in one vehicle... Her daughter is nearly 6' tall already and big boned, so it amounted to 3 adults and 3 boys, plus all the loot from the party,  in her itty-bitty Impala...  It was a cozy ride coming home. LOL

We got here and found that the guys I've been waiting on for nearly 2 months were here to install our chimney liner today. My friends daughter is developmentally delayed, so altho she's quite grown up physically, she's young at heart. She saw the man on our roof and asked if it was Santa? Didn't he know it was early?? I tried to explain that they were fixing my chimney and she misunderstood and decided that they must be measuring it to see if Santa would fit.  What a treasure!

But, it was chaos what with hyper excited kids and contractors trying to navigate around an excited dog. I still hadn't gotten a bite of my lunch and my blood sugar was sitting around zero.... Now I've eaten and feel much better but now it is time to fix supper.  :S

Donna, what time is that blizzard of yours supposed to come across the mountain and see me? The kids wanna go sledding.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,391
Points 46,980
Angele replied on Wed, Dec 19 2012 6:12 PM | Locked

Sukochi, you are a very important part of the various forums I go to.  Being honest is not a bad thing.  For me, I like to hear if I make sense or not.  I usually take heed and listen.  If I don't agree, I toss it aside, and if I do I follow through and try to be better.  Giving your opinion is just that, your opinion. It is not a golden rule but based on your experience and how you see things.  If we all saw things the same way, there would be no need for a site like this one. As I see it it is our differences that make us grow and get better at what we love to do; quilting.

so like Thea, I hope you will reconsider and continue to share with us, your opinion, your knowledge ang your wisdom.

just my two cents.

big Hug

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Wed, Dec 19 2012 6:23 PM | Locked

Angele, Ah, thanks for the kind words. But, aren't you missing something???  Saying that MY opinions are NOT the Golden Rule?? Who ever told you that? You are all being so sweet.  I guess I better get tougher in my opinions. ROFLOL!

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,525
Points 50,995
Ginny replied on Wed, Dec 19 2012 6:30 PM | Locked

Wow, what a day, Chocake.  Makes me hyper and then tired just reading about it.   Here I sit with my leg elevated on 2 pillows to keep the swelling down so my sore heals.  You just tuckered me right out.     Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,391
Points 46,980
Angele replied on Wed, Dec 19 2012 7:09 PM | Locked

So sorry, Sukochi, maybe you are the exception to the rule and are golden in e Rey way...lol

Angèle  from NWO

Page 295 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 293 294 295 296 297 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use