Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 294 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 292 293 294 295 296 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,154
Points 14,985
Dawn replied on Wed, Dec 19 2012 7:01 AM | Locked

Sukochi, I have never had a problem w/anything you have posted!

In other news, I am sooooooooooooo excited!  We are under a blizzard warning!!!!  It has been almost a YEAR since we have had measurable snow!!!  I didn't really want a blizzard, but it has been 3 years since we have had this much snow coming!   I guess I am terrible, as I am blessed enough to not have to go to work, so I don't have to travel.  They are saying a foot or so here in Iowa.  I have so many people NOT happy w/me, like I can control the weather!  Sheesh!  I like snow!!!!  :-)

Today I will go bowling then come home and batton down the hatches!  Got groceries yesterday, cause our drive can be almost impossible to get out of.  DH loves to try to get to work.  Gives him new problems to solve.  LOL! 

So tomorrow, I will be cleaning the house and working some more on Nolan's quilt, while jamming to some Christmas music.  Sounds like a perfect day!!!  As long as I don't catch DD's sinus infection . . .  :-/

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Wed, Dec 19 2012 7:16 AM | Locked

Nan is afraid I have the flu. But, I amold (there is THAT word again) to know that this is a head cold, a bad head cold with an ear ache on the firnges. I WILL be well by Sat. when we make our final decision about whether she sould risk it or not. I so want my Nanner's here. Ha! Bet you don't know I call you that, Huh, Nan?

I went into the sewing room, yesterday, and got Karla's block cut out. But, then, I was so tired, I just came in and sat down. Surfing the web is a mindless activity.

Dawning a pretty day again. See the sun peeking through. Took a short walk, yesterday, to see if fresh air would clear my head. I was hope this was because of the dust the $80.00 whirld\wind stirred up.  BUt, nope, not the case.

My DS told me last night that in the upstairs space, (he world in a restaurant in Orlando, in a building that used to be a major attraction with restaurants, bars, nightclubs), that 5 years ago was Paris Hilton's place. Well, now NIcky, her little sister, is giving it a shot and is totally remodeling it. WOO HOO!

Won't make Bible Study tonight or in the a.m. Don't need to make everyone sick, for Christmas. Today I was going to get more new clothes. 8~{

Have a quilty day!

Thanks for all those who want me to stay. Y'all make me feel so loved.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Wed, Dec 19 2012 7:45 AM | Locked

Nana, it has been a hard few weeks.  I have had to re-evaluate everything I beleived to be true and re-examine my motives and actions.  I do however have the best bunch of friends anyone could have.   My husband has established a home of his own. That broke my heart.  Even though this was very mutual, it is the hardest thing I have ever had to live through.  We both have big red buttons on our chests that say "push here for explosive reaction"  then we push each others buttons.  Fun..  would you believe that even with sleeping pills I still don't sleep well?  I did the Santa run last week and got my grandchildrens gifts delivered and had a good visit with everyone so when I go to my sisters on sunday, i can relax and enjoy.  I don't spend as much time on line as I used to but in January things should settle down and I'll have some kind of single woman routine figured out.  It would probably be easier if we didn't have a business to run togeather.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,649
Points 52,675
Ginny replied on Wed, Dec 19 2012 8:10 AM | Locked

Vivian,  that is so hard when the inevitable becomes a reality.  Everything will slowly come into focus for you. I hope you have a blessed and relaxing holiday and that things normalize for you soon.    I thought you and your husband had sold your business and you had officially retired?  Am I thinking of someone else?   At any rate you will be in my prayers as you face your new life.   Ginny

• | Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Wed, Dec 19 2012 8:17 AM | Locked

We sold some of it, most,  and kept some.  It is actually easy to look after if you get along, not so easy if you challenge every move the other makes.  I am retired but i have spoken to a couple of business owners I dealt with when I was working and may go back parttime.  Apparently my knowledge of my field is an assett to them.  However, january is traditionaly slow so by the time Feb comes around i probably wont want to work. 

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,834
Points 248,829
Barbara replied on Wed, Dec 19 2012 8:18 AM | Locked

Well today ,I'm getting ready for the same storm Dawn is talking about even though I'm on the lower end of it .we will not have a blizzard but news is tell us the winds will be awful , and we will be getting around 3 in of snow . I'm so gald I don't have to be out in this . So Dawn stay safe up there in  Iowa. .

Thea and I have been working together on getting some of our project done ,we have been Skyping ,and it has been fun, kinda like having a little sew- in. It has really helped me get suff done.  So if any of you have Skype its a fun way to work together.Grab another member and go for it . helps and you don't always feel alone ..

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Wed, Dec 19 2012 8:33 AM | Locked

Vivian. Turn this over to the Lord. Ask him to giude you through this.  Ask Him for th right things to say when your husband makes an ill comment to you. Turn the other cheek. I know this is all very hard. But, in Him, there is strength.

Enjoy Christmas. Don't let this change in your life ruin your Christmas. Don't let the depression lead the way. You can smile and be happy. Tell those with you that there will no no discussion of this during Christmas.

Have a beautiful, Merry Christmas.

Sukochi

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,154
Points 14,985
Dawn replied on Wed, Dec 19 2012 8:41 AM | Locked

Thanks Barbara, I will! 

DD says she is better just exhausted!  DSIL is now sick . . . I pray this thing gets done before Christmas!  Poor kiddos!  Well, I am very tired, didn't sleep well myself last night, though DH said I did!  Going back to bed for a bit.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,405
Points 21,105
Carolyn (CarolBeau) replied on Wed, Dec 19 2012 8:50 AM | Locked

Barbara:

Thea and I have been working together on getting some of our project done ,we have been Skyping ,and it has been fun, kinda like having a little sew- in. It has really helped me get suff done.  So if any of you have Skype its a fun way to work together.Grab another member and go for it . helps and you don't always feel alone ..

I like this idea, Barbara.  I haven't really used Skype much over the past few years, but I used to use it a lot.  You can do groups on Skype, right?  It might be fun to organize a sort of Skype retreat one day.  I'd have to think about how it would work.  How do you and Thea do it w/o too much machine noise?  Do you use headsets?  Or just keep your computers farther away from your machines?  Or not sew while you're chatting?  How does it work w/o the machine noise overpowering the other person?  Do you guys think this would be feasible, or would it be too much noise to have so many people on the line?

Raleigh, NC

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 203
Points 4,430
Brandy (Modern_Mosaic_Mom) replied on Wed, Dec 19 2012 8:57 AM | Locked

Last night I saw pictures of me at my friend's wedding and I wanted to throw up and cry and apologize for ruining her pictures.  I am so unhappy with myself physically.  I chalked it up to me quitting smoking on my son's birthday this year (January 6th).  I thought I was hiding it well.  

Guess I was the only one that was fooled.

So after going to bed at midnight last night, God woke me up with some revelations at 4 a.m..  I have grid sticky notes all over my bedroom door - some goals set forward for myself.  All obtainable and they don't require me to make sweeping life changes (because I know myself well enough now to know that that doesn't work).  Couldn't get back to sleep, and 6 a.m. comes fast when you are writing like a maniac.  I also started reading Joyce Meyer's "Battlefield of the Mind".  Got through the first chapter, a few revelations in the shower from that...

On my way to work, I got a flat tire. Changed that myself and am thankful for a full size spare (that I got earlier this year).  Part of me wants to pout and kick and scream about how many men drove by, staring at me while I changed my tire by myself (I drive a Honda Pilot,  so it is a fairly big feat to accomplish)...but then I recognized it.  That moment where I wanted to feel sorry for myself to make people pay attention to me for five minutes...ANYTHING to get attention...

I changed my tire on my own, went and grabbed breakfast and made it to work without further ado.

I'm thankful that it is Wednesday.  I am thankful that God loves me enough to show me some really not nice things about myself - physically and mentally - and He is caring enough to work with me on them.

And now for work.  Love and hugs to you all.

Brandy

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Wed, Dec 19 2012 8:58 AM | Locked

Good Morning All!

I'm trying to get my peepers pried open and start my day. Today is Lady's lunchion and gift exchange. I've been a bad girl and missed the last 2 - and after those sweet gals went to such trouble to give me a baby shower at the last one I attended, too. :(  I missed the June get together because it involved a 4 hr bus ride and Sprout was too tiny. And in Sept I had a cold that I didn't want to share...so most of those ladies still haven't met Sprout!! Today they will! I am catching a ride with another gal who's been out for nearly 2 years due to illness. She's just giddy about going and I know she'll make it fun for me, too.

Actually I was afraid I was gonna miss today too, because 1) I didn't know how to get to the place that's hosting it and 2) it's the boys' school Christmas party.  The kids all work together and make a huge pot of chili to share with parents and then in the afternoon there's games and a gift exchange. Hard to miss that!! Thankfully the lady I am going to lunchion with has a daughter in the same class as DS1, so she understands my problem. The times for Lady's lunchion and the kids party overlap some, but if we leave one early we can get to the end of the other. We'll back each other up when it's time to shimmy out the door to go see out kids.

So, that said, I had better see about washing my mop and putting it in some semblence of order. Somedays I almost wish I were bald... I should fallow Barbara's lead and get my hair cut super short (But I doubt I'd look nearly as cute as she does!).

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Wed, Dec 19 2012 8:58 AM | Locked

We should all gather for a Skyle meet and greet, for those of us who haven't met everyone face to face!. And, a Skype show and tell! How about a Skype Quilt Guild? I Skype with my kiddo every now and then. It is fun. I got to see his house and his scooter, my grandfurbbies, too.

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,834
Points 248,829
Barbara replied on Wed, Dec 19 2012 9:05 AM | Locked

Carolyn, Our machine are pretty quite as My Janome doesn't make much nosie and  Thea has one as well . We just leave our computer on and talk as if we were there in person. Now on my PC i have to use a camera and headset.  but on my laptop its all built in.  I think you hve to pay to do a gourp ,I'm not sure  I am a fairly new Skype user ,so I don't really know .

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,405
Points 21,105
Carolyn (CarolBeau) replied on Wed, Dec 19 2012 9:26 AM | Locked

Barbara:

Carolyn, Our machine are pretty quite as My Janome doesn't make much nosie and  Thea has one as well . We just leave our computer on and talk as if we were there in person. Now on my PC i have to use a camera and headset.  but on my laptop its all built in.  I think you hve to pay to do a gourp ,I'm not sure  I am a fairly new Skype user ,so I don't really know .

Ah, ok.  I haven't used it much over the past few years, so I don't really remember how it works.  I only have the free account now also.  Maybe I'll play around with it over the holidays. 

Raleigh, NC

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,708
Points 248,357
Thea replied on Wed, Dec 19 2012 9:55 AM | Locked

Sukochi, I am not sure if it is free to do a group on Skype - I was just trying to research that - I can form a group and it shows how to do that - also - I can send a group video chat request but I think that costs money - Barbara and I can Skype - one on one - for free - 

For those that were asking - we just set the computers up to the side where you can see us but it doesn't interfere with our movement around our room.  Then we sew and when we want to talk  - we talk - we sew - get up leave the room - come back - just as though it was another person there and not the computer - it is a lot of fun!  My microphone in my house is very sensitive on my computer so Barbara can hear everything - she hears the planes going over head - the dogs barking outside... I have my TV turned down low so it doesn't disturb our talking - I can hear her son barely when he comes in to speak to her and her TV just barely.  

It is nice though - I feel even less alone then I did before - I used to come on to QCA to talk to my friends and then wait for a response - this way I can say something to BArbara who is by ground 4 1/2 hours away from me and I can see her and hear her response.  The internet is fantastic - we get instant feedback on the work we are doing and can see what each other is doing too!  

It really makes life nice.  DH comes home in the afternoon and if Barbara isn't on the computer he asks - where is she!  He comes in once in a while but doesn't want to interfere - so we usually conclude our conversation about dinner time... then I spend time watching hubby read his book...hmmmmmm something ain't right there....teehee

I am going to try and do some further research about a group skype meeting though...maybe later though as my body hates me today - this storm that all those are expecting to the north of us is moving in and the pressure system is rocking through my body today!  I woke and rolled over and tried to go back to sleep to that warm comfortable place where there is no pain... but alas my body knew my eyes had opened and fought to get me to get up... so up I got - all swollen today - oh - that yucky swollen feeling and it is a good thing I am a touch typist because just the little pressure I am putting on these keys is causing me pain so I am going to just read some more and hope that the pain pills kick in soon - or the storm gets here fast - 

I, too, would love to see a little snow - as long as it quits for the drive to MN on the 29th and the drive back home on the 1st... 

Page 294 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 292 293 294 295 296 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use