Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 290 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 288 289 290 291 292 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,108
Points 109,585
chocake2 replied on Mon, Dec 17 2012 5:11 PM | Locked

Somebody (Marie?) asked about the hot-dog gift bags I said I was making last week. I finally got a pick before I put these in the mail:

They're a whole lot more durable them paper, which is nice when you'r packaging oddly shaped goodies with sharp edges for mailing.

DH hijacked me this afternoon and we went off to town. Ended up coming home with a months supply of baby food. Now I have to find a place to store it all. Sprout really doesn't eat that much and he's quite happy to have whatever i toss in the mini-food processer and buzz for him, so I'm not really sure why we needed 18 jars of strained peas...LOL

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,653
Points 136,022
Leslie replied on Mon, Dec 17 2012 5:13 PM | Locked

CC, love those bags.  Love peas also just not strained LOL

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,653
Points 136,022
Leslie replied on Mon, Dec 17 2012 5:16 PM | Locked

I went flea market shopping today with my oldest DD.   We had a fun time, I found 4 big mason jars of old buttons and a jar of old wooden spools, for a friend for Christmas.   Old buttons are really getting hard to find,  and when you do, boy do they want a big price for them, I got lucky today, not too pricey

[Ava, Missouri

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,391
Points 46,980
Angele replied on Mon, Dec 17 2012 7:26 PM | Locked

Great idea Barbara. I will do that. Thanks!

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,391
Points 46,980
Angele replied on Mon, Dec 17 2012 7:52 PM | Locked

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,391
Points 46,980
Angele replied on Mon, Dec 17 2012 7:54 PM | Locked

Barbara, that is the quilt.  Where the white triangles are, there are three layers of fabric as the white square is folded in half.  I really don't know how to quilt it.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.  

Angèle  from NWO

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Mon, Dec 17 2012 7:56 PM | Locked

Boy Patti, sounds like you had a really tough trip home last night!!!     And just as bad a trip to town this morning...you should have just stayed home.  We only had about 8 inches of new and our plow was here by  10:00 am.  We just waited for him and went into town after he cleared our road.  We skied yesterday before the storm hit and skipped today knowing the conditions wouldn't be too good, but will try to ski tomorrow.  You cannot beat fresh-groomed skiing!  

And congratulations to DH on his Wenatchee symphony appearance...I bet your are soooo proud!

Hope your muscles feel better tomorrow...

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,108
Points 109,585
chocake2 replied on Mon, Dec 17 2012 8:13 PM | Locked

Gee Patti, that sounds like quite an adventure. Just think of all of the calories you burned!!

Angele, your quilt is beautiful.

DS1 just came in from putting his hens to bed. He's all in a dither. We have more livestock then we are supposed to. 'Seems we've added 4 horses to the managery. There was quite a windstorm this afternoon, so I imagine someone's fence blew down. I put  a call in to the SO so when their absence is discovered and reported , their owners will quickly be informed where to start looking...  Now If I can just get the kids to leave the critters ("Mom, can we keep them!??") and do thier chores....

Sigh. Never a dull moment.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,400
Points 415,559
gini replied on Mon, Dec 17 2012 9:35 PM | Locked

i'm home from a fun weekend in spokane with the kids.  sam is off to seattle for a few days so i am home alone, once again.  

peter jackson has outdone himself on the hobbit.  it is even better than the first three books he made.  this was the princess first 3-D movie since she was 3.  it was fun to watch her reaching out to catch the butterflies.  then grampa took the kids to the pool for a long afternoon, while DD and i shopped.   the shopping is nearly done.  i went to bed last night to an inch of snow with 4 inches forecast and woke up to no snow, rain, and a chinook wind.   the further north i drove home, the more  snow there was and i have several inches here at the house with cold and snow forecast for the week.   it looks like we will be having a white christmas this year, and even better, there will be snow for the sleigh ride.  

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, Dec 17 2012 9:48 PM | Locked

Angele:

Angele ,I would do some stitch in the ditch around all your HST, this will make them stand out really nice ,  then you could do in all the color HST  half moons  go from one point to the next on the bottom of the triangle  and make a half circle . then On your borders you could do the big tear drops loops  Make sure the loops connect . this would be in the orange  border , the little white border , an small zig zag would be good .   Now that 's what I'd do . You can play with this some if you  have one of those Frixion pens where you can iron off the ink . and see how it would look  just do it on some of the blocks  I think it would look good .. Barbara  PS I would use a cream  colored thread  or a beige.thread.    Oh by the way the quilt is beautiful , I love your colors and the fabric is pretty .

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Mon, Dec 17 2012 9:48 PM | Locked

Patti

I saw your post on facebook and got to listen to your DH.  Absolutely beautiful.  I knew after hearing just a small sample of his singing that the symphony would be awesome.  I truly appreciated your sharing.  Sorry about all the troubles navigating the snow...I knew there was a reason I didn't like snow.  LOL>

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Mon, Dec 17 2012 9:49 PM | Locked

CC

Your gift bags are really pretty.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Mon, Dec 17 2012 9:54 PM | Locked

Gini

I have been seeing the ads for the Hobbit.  It looks really neat.  I am sure you had a great weekend.  Glad you finally got some snow but please just keep it there.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Mon, Dec 17 2012 10:00 PM | Locked

I am bored, bored, bored.  This not being able to do anything is for the birds.  I am not suppose to set in one position for long or in a position that puts a strain on the neck or shoulders so sewing at the machine is still out.  I am not supposed to bend, stretch, or lift so that pretty much puts everything else out.   I can't spend long on the computer and everything on this site usually takes so long that I haven't even been online much.  I think I am definitely cabin fever....bah humbug...LOL>   I have gotten alot of hand sewing done but I am getting tired of that.   I know...you just can't please some people....ROFLOL

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Mon, Dec 17 2012 10:02 PM | Locked

Patti:
I am not going anywhere again without the road being plowed.  I don't feel that great now, and know tomorrow I am going to be so sore.  Used muscles I didn't know I still had. 

Good idea Patti. I'm so happy you made it home safe and sound. Rest and stay warm....

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Page 290 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 288 289 290 291 292 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use