Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 289 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 287 288 289 290 291 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, Dec 17 2012 8:09 AM | Locked

Ok Y'all I have not had breakfast yet and you are all killing me with these goodies ..LOL    Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,342
Points 46,405
Angele replied on Mon, Dec 17 2012 8:18 AM | Locked

Max and Narbara, what a beautiful picture.  I am certain you had a great time together.  Barbara, I wished you lived closer.  I have a few tops for you to quilt. But hey are leaving me stumped as I can't figure out how to quilt them!  

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 237
Points 4,290
Christine replied on Mon, Dec 17 2012 8:19 AM | Locked

Ginny:

She ended up buying a Kitchenaid mixer like mine and  a bread pan with higher sides so she could get the loaf to come out like mine.  I actually wore the finish nearly off of the beater of my kitchenaid making so much of that bread.  It makes wonderful toast.    Ginny

Ginny,  I bought Kitchenaid's grain mill to make my own flour.  Kitchenaid's grain mill grinds it to a fine powder and the flour can be used for most recipes.  But to get the flour super fine I bought a Wondermill grain mill.  Garbanzo beans (chickpeas) are rock hard though.  So I crack them with the Kitchenaid mill before putting them in the Wondermill. I also make white rice, brown rice, millet and anything else I can think of.  You can't use a grain mill to make tapioca though, the tapioca pearls leave a sticky coating that will ruin your grain mill.

You have to mill A LOT of flour to make the grain mills pay for themselves but if you make a lot of bread, noodles, pancakes, etc it's worth it to buy a grain mill.  Just remember, DON'T put garbanzo beans straight into a Wondermill until they are cracked into smaller pieces.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,342
Points 46,405
Angele replied on Mon, Dec 17 2012 8:21 AM | Locked

Thanks for the gluten bread recipe I will try it for my friend.  Now off my butt and get ready.  We are having a strike day to protest against the government stripping the right to negotiate for teachers and many other things hardly fought for by our predecessors.  Thank God it's not too cold outside.  Then it's off to the dentist...yeah :(

Angèle  from NWO

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, Dec 17 2012 8:21 AM | Locked

Angele post some pictures and maybe we can talk you thru some of them. Just having someother opinions or suggestions can help .. barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,105
Points 109,540
chocake2 replied on Mon, Dec 17 2012 8:37 AM | Locked

It's interesting how many folks have food allergies, now. When I was growing up, we almost never heard about anyone who couldn't eat wheat or peanuts, and if we did, they were distant from us. Now there're 2 students and a teacher in my sons' school who have to avoid peanuts, and one who has gluton issues.  they sure have saved us from getting into a food rut. Without my son's peanut problems, we'd never have known that Biscoff spread makes the best Ants on a Log... LOL

Sprout got that new tooth through last night, so now he'll be biting me with 3 of them (one on top). He's a lot happier now, at least until #4 starts causing him pain.... Love that jack-o-lantern grin!

My big news was that I was fired from job # 2 last night. Well...asked to resign, so I can re-apply at a later date, but it's the same difference. My boss at the PO hasn't been calling me in to work on account of Sprout. We agreed, when she asked me to apply (back in Dec of last year), that I'd only be able to fill in for her until the baby came. Then the powers that be didn't get my app. processed until the end of Feb, or schedule my training until the end of March (Remember that nightmare? They had me take a UA, sent a broken sample kit and lost it...) .... So I've actually  only worked one 3 hour shift  since they hired me. Now my boss is having medical issues and is taking some sick leave (she's been in the hospital 2ce!) and the head honchos told her that she can't keep barrowing relief from other post offices in the area to cover for her. She has to come back to work, or have me come in, or fire me and get a replacement (One wonders how long that'll take!?) Obviously, She can't return to work just yet (And doesn't need the stress of them breathing down her neck).  I'm a bit tied down with Sprout... and since I haven't had any training or work in 7 months, my skills are most definately not up to speed - I couldn't cover for her if I wanted to, especially not during the holiday rush. So, She's in a pickle (Pray for her). But on my side of the coin, I sure won't miss a job I never did. LOL  Oh, but get this..in the 6 months that I haven't worked, they gave me a $1.75 pay increase!!   ...And they wonder why they are going broke. Hehehe  Anyway, today I have to fill out forms that say I am no longer in the employ of the USPS...as if I ever really was. 

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,262
Points 173,163
Marie replied on Mon, Dec 17 2012 11:52 AM | Locked

Leslie :

I have a gluten free cookbook i bought, when my grandson, was diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder,  We took him off all gluten, and I don't care what the doctors say, within 1 month, he was talking again,  He had stopped talking after he had his seizure, it has made a world of difference with him.  People that don't know him would think he is just a normal 6 year old

Leslie, that's wonderful, bless his heart.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,262
Points 173,163
Marie replied on Mon, Dec 17 2012 11:59 AM | Locked

CC, I feel so bad for you, you lead such a boring life!

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,604
Spudgrandma replied on Mon, Dec 17 2012 12:10 PM | Locked

chocake2:
Oh, but get this..in the 6 months that I haven't worked, they gave me a $1.75 pay increase!! 

Oh, I could so say something, but zipping my lip or fingers as the case may be... It sounds like you are having another typical CC day :)

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,115
Points 14,375
Dawn replied on Mon, Dec 17 2012 2:12 PM | Locked

Was all ready to get moving on getting the living room all picked up after wrappying all the presents, but DD emailed me to come help her w/kiddos as she was feverish and all that  mess that is going around.  So, I was at her house by 7:30.  Got DGD1 driven to school, then got home to feed DGS3 his breakfast, after he enjoyed some "mommy" milk.  He is going to be 6 mos. already tomorrow!  Nuts! 

Anyway, I am very tired, so will take a nap before DH gets home and we have a quick supper and head out for bowling.  We will see how she is feeling tomorrow and then I will know what I will be doing, cleaning or taking care of the kids.  I am so glad I am able to be "on call" for my kids.  I have 2 rooms that REALLY need picking up, before the grands all descend here the 28th.  But I am not toooooooo worried, it is just the kids!  :-)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,604
Spudgrandma replied on Mon, Dec 17 2012 2:53 PM | Locked

Dawn:
But I am not toooooooo worried, it is just the kids!  :-)

I like that kind of thinking Dawn. I hope your daughter feels better soon. My hubby had the flu and was home for 4 days, that probably equals all the days he has stayed home sick in the last 40+ years.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,232
Points 17,875
Sheila replied on Mon, Dec 17 2012 3:05 PM | Locked

Oh, CC - That is too funny about getting the raise!

All - I've been trying to post on the site for over a month with no success. It's been HExx trying to even get on the site. What has been up with that??? In a few weeks, I will have more, more, more time to lurk and loiter and share laughs (and quilts, too!) with y'all! Woo-Hoo!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,604
Spudgrandma replied on Mon, Dec 17 2012 3:08 PM | Locked

Sheila:
All - I've been trying to post on the site for over a month with no success. It's been HExx trying to even get on the site. What has been up with that??? In a few weeks, I will have more, more, more time to lurk and loiter and share laughs (and quilts, too!) with y'all! Woo-Hoo!!

Shelia, the powers that be say they are going to switch to a new server before the end of the month and they hope that will solve the problem Hang in there...

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,232
Points 17,875
Sheila replied on Mon, Dec 17 2012 3:15 PM | Locked

Spud - thanks for the info! Today is the first day that I've even been able to access the site in over a week! I'll hang!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Mon, Dec 17 2012 4:55 PM | Locked

Today, I just want to recover.  DH sang with the Wenatchee symphony yesterday.  He was wonderful.  But didn't get on the road until 8 pm.  Took us 4 hours to do what usually only takes 2.  And then we didn't even get up the driveway.  Had to walk up, and DH started the snow blower.  Big one on a pick-up, and it took until 3:30 am for us to get the driveway done, the car dug out and up the driveway.  Like a fool, I decided to go into town this morning.  Our 8 mile road had yet to be plowed and I was slowly coming down the middle of the road, (edges not visible, and didn't want to go into the ditch) when the county snow plow was coming up.  Pushing the foot+ of snow into my lane.  Making a big berm, and like a fool I tried to drive over it.  It was not fluffy snow, but heavy, and  I high centered the car.  Then it took the next 2 hours to dig it out.  Got to town and poked my head in at work and said forget it, I'm going home.  Went to the store, and then headed home.  The county never did plow the last 3-4 miles of our road, which left about 1/2 mile to our house.  but I made it home.  subaru's will get one through a lot, but 15 inches of heavy snow is too much.  I am not going anywhere again without the road being plowed.  I don't feel that great now, and know tomorrow I am going to be so sore.  Used muscles I didn't know I still had. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 65
Page 289 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 287 288 289 290 291 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use