Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 288 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 286 287 288 289 290 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 203
Points 4,430
Brandy (Modern_Mosaic_Mom) replied on Sun, Dec 16 2012 5:59 PM | Locked

Wonderful photo Max and Barbara! 

We are officially headed out. First to have dinner then to stop and see his godfather just to check on him myself. Heard he has been sleeping a lot. He needs it. His work is very demanding and stressful. 

Will catch you all tomorrow. My son and I will sleep well tonight.

love and hugs to all. ~ Brandy

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,371
Points 48,735
Ginny replied on Sun, Dec 16 2012 6:11 PM | Locked

Great picture Max and Barbara.     Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,821
Points 85,145
Sukochi replied on Sun, Dec 16 2012 6:30 PM | Locked

So good to see you to together, Max and BArbara. I know you had a time!! Wish I had been there, too.

Sitting here watching America's Funniest Home Videos. Aoubt little kids being so scared of Santa. When my Bobby was little, Santa could not even be in the same room with him. He would scream and kick his little bitty legs for all he was worth. I wonder why that is. A lot of babies don't like people with glasses unless they are used to it at home. Our great nephew wants nothing to do with us, but anyone WITHOUT glasses on can hold him anytime they want.

Had a great day at Church. The dinner was good, at least, the little bit I ate. As we left, I heard Ron offering money, to one of the ladies, for the rest of her pineapple upside down cake. Talked to him a bit ago. All he got was a big piece. She wouldn't let go of more then that.

Amy, the Ron's daughter, is a house cleaner.  She is coming tomorrow to deep clean my kitchen. Grease boilds up so bad in there.. And, I am not much for cleaning that. Jim is not happy about it, but Amy told him he could still sleep late, just not in the kitchen. HA!

Have a good evening. Keep our Country in your prayers. Bomb threats, and killings are still going on. We so need God back in this Country as a whole. Including our Government.

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,033
Points 108,605
chocake2 replied on Sun, Dec 16 2012 7:51 PM | Locked

I suspect that little people don't like glasses because they really focuson a persons eyes , and glasses cast reflections and reflect light. It's probably kind of unsettling to them.

As far as Santa goes, one of our senior volenteers at work is a short little old guy with a huge belly and a laugh to match it. He has along white beard. The local kids all joke that Santa is a snow bird and "summers" in the town where I work... 

At the open house yesterday he came waddling in and scooped Sprout right up.  The little guy didn't miss a beat. He grabbed glasses and goobered them, pulled those lovely white whiskers, giggled and gabbled.  Pretty quick Jim was laughing right along with him. DD turned to me and said "Gosh Mom, he really does go 'Ho-ho-Ho!" 

My neice on the otherhand was taken to see a department store santa when she was about 2. When it was her turn to sit on his lap she pointed at him and said very plainly and very loudly "You Stay Away from Me, San'a!! I Don'  'Ike You!!"  She wanted nuthing to do with him all through her childhood (altho she did seem to like his gifts under the tree).

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 12,929
Points 233,862
Thea replied on Sun, Dec 16 2012 8:11 PM | Locked

Max - great picture!  Barbara is a sweetie!  Someday - maybe when she gets your quilts done and is returning them to you - I can come up and the 3 of us - or 4 - if Elaine can come out and play - can go out to lunch and have a small shop hop... Elaine, Barbara and I had fun on the last one... 

I spent a busy day... was up about 3 a.m. I hate the fact I can't sleep more then about 5 hours and after all the stress this weekend was just so exhausted last night that I went to bed early - so was up super early - went to church though - and we had our Christmas service - the primary and the ward choir sang and told the story of Jesus' birth... and like last year I was asked to say the benediction... just knew I was going to get asked and I did... it was okay I was ready.  Came home - watched some football and then DH put in a movie... I started working on pressng down all the pieces for the 1st block - worked on it all the way through the movie and am only about 1/2 of the way done - but it wore me out standing all that time and making sure every little piece was exactly where it needed to be and what had to go underneath and what on top... 

It has been overly dreary here today - looks like snow - or a winter sky as so far no precipition... ready for that too...lol... made brunch early as I knew I would be tired at dinner time so got that out of the way - sandwiches or soup for dinner tonight... watching the football game now and ready for bed... so ready but I know if I go now I'll be up before 1 a.m.  so I am going to try to stay up for a while... SF 49ers are playing so DH is happy - hope they win for him - so far a wet game...

Christine  I am going to look at that recipe as my DDIL's mother has to eat gluten free - so this might be fun to make her some home made bread and give it to her for her Christmas gift when we go up for New Year's... looking forward to hugging my grands that day... 

well, going to lay back now and relax.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 237
Points 4,290
Christine replied on Sun, Dec 16 2012 8:20 PM | Locked

Thea:
Christine  I am going to look at that recipe as my DDIL's mother has to eat gluten free - so this might be fun to make her some home made bread and give it to her for her Christmas gift when we go up for New Year's... looking forward to hugging my grands that day... 

well, going to lay back now and relax.

Well I better get a few more recipes posted then!  I have one for oatmeal bread, and one with almonds that is soooo good.  By the way, oatmeal has no gluten in it.  HOWEVER, most oatmeal is processed in plants that also process wheat, thereby contaminating it.  If you buy oatmeal, be sure to buy Bob's Red Mill oatmeal or read on the label, it should say "processed in a gluten free building" on it.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 203
Points 4,430
Brandy (Modern_Mosaic_Mom) replied on Sun, Dec 16 2012 9:36 PM | Locked

Christine - I just realized that you have the cutest photo next to your name!   Love it!    And I love Bob's Red Mill oatmeal.  Have you tried refrigerator oatmeal?  I usually eat it in the summer because it is cold, and it isn't all gummy like cooked oatmeal (I like cooked just as well as cold, but the cold version offers a different - more creamy - texture that is pretty awesome).  Good for GF folks depending on what you add to it too!  It is also good for on the go people because you can make several ahead and they last 5 days in the fridge!

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Mon, Dec 17 2012 7:25 AM | Locked

Yesterday Max and I had a wonderful visit , she brought me two of her quilts to work on ,that are not ugly as she says.. Her hubby was also very nice to talk with ,but he let us do most of the talking LOL  After Max left  the body said no more today .and I took the rest of the afternoon off ,Read a book and watched some NCIS on TV. It was so dreay and moist like here yesterday and the poor old body was hurting bad ..  Here is a photo of Max and I  her DH was kind enough to take for us.. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 237
Points 4,290
Christine replied on Mon, Dec 17 2012 7:41 AM | Locked

This is delicious, tastes like light wheat bread, on the sweet side.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 237
Points 4,290
Christine replied on Mon, Dec 17 2012 7:45 AM | Locked

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 237
Points 4,290
Christine replied on Mon, Dec 17 2012 7:49 AM | Locked

I like to substitute sweet potato flour for rice flour in recipes.  White rice flour doesn't have a very good taste, in my opinion.   You can find ALL of these flours at any asian grocery store, and it's usually cheaper than health food stores.

xanthan gum is found in health food stores, and yes, it MUST be used.  Xanthan gum takes the place of gluten.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,649
Points 135,942
Leslie replied on Mon, Dec 17 2012 7:49 AM | Locked

I have a gluten free cookbook i bought, when my grandson, was diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder,  We took him off all gluten, and I don't care what the doctors say, within 1 month, he was talking again,  He had stopped talking after he had his seizure, it has made a world of difference with him.  People that don't know him would think he is just a normal 6 year old

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 237
Points 4,290
Christine replied on Mon, Dec 17 2012 7:55 AM | Locked

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,371
Points 48,735
Ginny replied on Mon, Dec 17 2012 7:55 AM | Locked

I used to get Bob's Red Mill gluten-free bread mix to make for a friend who I found to be gluten intolerant -- and that is a story on its own.  That bread mix is so good.  After I found out my one aunt was having a problem with gluten also, I baked a loaf of the bread for her and sent it to N. Carolina.  I did that a couple of times, but it was costing me about $30.00 a loaf to make and send it to her.  So I gave her the address to send for it-she couldn't find it locally in her small town. Hers didn't turn out as well and she questioned me more.  She ended up buying a Kitchenaid mixer like mine and  a bread pan with higher sides so she could get the loaf to come out like mine.  I actually wore the finish nearly off of the beater of my kitchenaid making so much of that bread.  It makes wonderful toast.    Ginny

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 237
Points 4,290
Christine replied on Mon, Dec 17 2012 8:02 AM | Locked

Page 288 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 286 287 288 289 290 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use