Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 287 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 285 286 287 288 289 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Sun, Dec 16 2012 1:23 PM | Locked

Christine:
I've got a recipe for faaaabulous, soft, yummy gluten free bread that can go in either the oven or the breadmak

Would you care to share that, Please? I seem to know a lot of folks with wheat allergies and since I do a lot of baking, it would be nice to include them.... 

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Sun, Dec 16 2012 1:25 PM | Locked

Barbara:
Now I just to need to figure out what I"m gonna cook with it for dinner.  

Oh sure, Barbara, there ya go reminding me...

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,846
Points 248,979
Barbara replied on Sun, Dec 16 2012 1:25 PM | Locked

Sitting here waiting on my guest and watching the Broncos game ...GO BRONCOS!!, they are playing a great game... Just starting to smell the bread , YUM YUM  ... Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,846
Points 248,979
Barbara replied on Sun, Dec 16 2012 1:27 PM | Locked

Sorry CC, I hate cooking anymore so dinner is always a challenge for me. I just as soon have a bowl of cereal..LOL  

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,520
Points 48,345
Frances replied on Sun, Dec 16 2012 1:32 PM | Locked

Barbara,

Whats Sweet Hawaiian Bread?

lots of love

Francesxx

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,846
Points 248,979
Barbara replied on Sun, Dec 16 2012 1:36 PM | Locked

Frances  not really sure how to explain that .Its white bread ,but it has  sweet taste to it. its really good with spinach dip,which is how we usually eat it. I have no idea if this is a Hawaiian thing or not ,that's just what is called . Sorry I 'm not more help on that one .. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 203
Points 4,430
Brandy (Modern_Mosaic_Mom) replied on Sun, Dec 16 2012 1:42 PM | Locked

Today I have been watching m friends' 4 children along with my own. Their youngest boy has a few...issues? ADHD and possibly more. He didn't have his meds this morning. The fact that they are all still alive is no small miracle. I have managed to get some sewing done, but I don't have an iron and board set up here, so I am sewing squares together and will iron when I get home. 

I love that I can be here for her, even through the frustration. I am thankful for one child for the time being. She came back and got the youngest girl (18 months) and the oldest boy (14 years old) and went to the store. The other three are playing on the computer and I am watching Chopped. 

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Sun, Dec 16 2012 2:45 PM | Locked

Brandy:
I am watching Chopped

Me too. I'm watching and/or listening and working on my MQ7. I hope to get the borders on so I put the remainder of my sewing stuff away for Christmas...

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 240
Points 4,345
Christine replied on Sun, Dec 16 2012 2:56 PM | Locked

Here's a link to the gluten free bread.  I've made it many times.  Gluten free bread will NOT form a ball.  It is stickier and more liquid-y so don't add more flour to it.  Make the recipe as the directions say and you'll have no problems.

This is the best gluten free bread I've ever had.  It's light, and soft, like light wheat bread you buy in the store... only with no wheat!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 240
Points 4,345
Christine replied on Sun, Dec 16 2012 3:05 PM | Locked

Brandy:

Today I have been watching m friends' 4 children along with my own. Their youngest boy has a few...issues? ADHD and possibly more. He didn't have his meds this morning. The fact that they are all still alive is no small miracle. I have managed to get some sewing done, but I don't have an iron and board set up here, so I am sewing squares together and will iron when I get home. 

Hi Brandy, I feel for you!  My son has ADHD, Aspergers, OCD and Turrets... without meds he's a whirlwind and motor mouth.  LOL  Hang in there!  The boy is probably just as miserable as you are without his meds.  It REALLY makes a difference for these kids.  My son counts his breaths, and has to blink twice for every breath... then he has to count his foot steps 16 times before he can cross a pattern in the floor (like the border of my living room carpet).  The poor guy is miserable if I forget his meds.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,924
Points 41,110
ls2116 replied on Sun, Dec 16 2012 3:09 PM | Locked

I took my family out for lunch today, and i'm about to do more sewing on my mq7.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 203
Points 4,430
Brandy (Modern_Mosaic_Mom) replied on Sun, Dec 16 2012 3:53 PM | Locked

Christine:

Hi Brandy, I feel for you!  My son has ADHD, Aspergers, OCD and Turrets... without meds he's a whirlwind and motor mouth.  LOL  Hang in there!  The boy is probably just as miserable as you are without his meds.  It REALLY makes a difference for these kids.  My son counts his breaths, and has to blink twice for every breath... then he has to count his foot steps 16 times before he can cross a pattern in the floor (like the border of my living room carpet).  The poor guy is miserable if I forget his meds.

Thank you for the encouragement Christine! 

There is aspbergers involved as well, no turrets or OCD, but I kept reminding myself of why I am here. I have kept my cool surprisingly well. i kept my voice even when talking to him about what behavior needed to be changed and he responded well. She came back and gave him his medication and she left to talk to the aloof 14 year old (whom I left to his own devices...I know this is a super stressful situation) and grocery shop. Came back and took the youngest and oldest boy to go see their dad - his blood work is confusing the doctors so he is staying one more night - and to run to the pharmacy. My DS and their other boy are happily playing on the computer and the baby girl (18 months) is down for a nap.

i am thinking that dinner will be drive thru or somewhere relatively cheap to sit down. 

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985
MaxNTopeka replied on Sun, Dec 16 2012 5:29 PM | Locked

Melody, I hope your shopping trip with your Mom helped lift her spirits.  I have the same kind of problem about not wanting to get out of the house much. But once you're out the door it seems to  get easier, and being out in the world feels good.

Had a wonderful trip this afternoon to take a couple of quilt tops to Barbara. It has been foggy and dreary here all day. The sun just wasn't going to come out today. But being around Barbara is like sitting in the sunshine!  She is so sweet!!  Had a nice visit and got to see some of her wonderful quilts! Can't wait to see what she does to my two 'ugly duckling' quilts!

DH was nice and did the honors of snapping a photo.

Been too long of a day riding in the car, so I'll give my back a rest tonight. DH has gone out to find food for supper, then I think a nap is next on the list!

Christine, I hope the pain eases soon!  Do hot packs help with the pain?

Max

• | Post Points: 95
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Sun, Dec 16 2012 5:50 PM | Locked

MaxNTopeka:
Had a wonderful trip this afternoon to take a couple of quilt tops to Barbara. It has been foggy and dreary here all day.

Oh that is wonderful, Max, I'm so glad that you and Barbara had a good time.

It has been cold and rainy here all day, it is supposed to snow tonight. I hope it does not last long. 

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,475
Points 24,120
Elaine Phillips replied on Sun, Dec 16 2012 5:58 PM | Locked

MaxNTopeka:
Had a wonderful trip

Max, great picture of you and Barbara. Isn't she the sweetest?

Barbara, I hope you are doing OK.

Today I did absolutely nothing so far, been watching NCIS marathon on USA. What a lazy bum I have been. But in my defence, I have had a very hectic week, and I feel I deserve to be lazy once in a while. Maybe I will get up enough energy in a while to clean up my studio and vacuum my floors. My dog has been a muddy mess everytime she comes back into the house. I'm not complaining, tho, we sure needed the little rain that we got the other night.

Page 287 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 285 286 287 288 289 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use