Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 285 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 283 284 285 286 287 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,919
Points 41,025
ls2116 replied on Sat, Dec 15 2012 6:21 PM | Locked

Praying for quick healing for christine.

Went birthday party for FIL  ,  I might pin my other mq7 tonight.

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,571
Points 30,609
Kelley replied on Sat, Dec 15 2012 8:05 PM | Locked

Kris:
Click on pre-cut fabrics then "Over the Rainbow Batiks Jelly Roll by Laundry Basket Quilts".

Thanks Kris

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Sat, Dec 15 2012 8:26 PM | Locked

In bed reading. Time to go to sleep.

Taking a BLT salad to the Church dinner tomorrow. I got to thinking, today, that there will be yummy food, and we ALL know how good the food is at Church dinners. I can only eat just a bite or two. Rats. If not for Jim, I would go to Church and leave my salad, go home after the service but before we start to line up to fill the plates. Rats.

Had to get new pjs and panties today. My pjs were literally falling off me. And, my panties just hung. I have no butt anymore. I have now lost 18 pounds and am still losing. I have gone from a 16/18 to a 12. Clothes are expensive. Am only getting a couple pair of jeans and a couple t-shirts. If I am still losing, I don't wait to fill my closet with more clothes I can't wear.

Have a good night, all.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 203
Points 4,430
Brandy (Modern_Mosaic_Mom) replied on Sat, Dec 15 2012 8:47 PM | Locked

Crocheted this hat while my son skated with my nieces. Then I got photo bombed by a cute boy. :) 

Okay so you can't see the hat in that picture, so here is a pic of it on my oldest niece who is now the owner of it... :) 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,703
Points 179,728
Marie replied on Sat, Dec 15 2012 8:55 PM | Locked

Brandy, I love the hat and the cute boy is really cute! 

Millbury, MA

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 203
Points 4,430
Brandy (Modern_Mosaic_Mom) replied on Sat, Dec 15 2012 10:58 PM | Locked

Thanks Marie!  It touched my heart that my niece claimed it as her own without really asking permission.  Our relationship hasn't been the best (that's a really long and heart breaking story), but lately there has been a lot of healing there, so her being comfortable enough to claim something that I made as her own touched my heart. 

hehehe...I did get loads of odd looks at the skating rink while I was crocheting it.  I also had someone come up and tell me I was doing a great job and I crocheted really fast.  Funny, this is only the second hat I have ever made.  Before that my limit was three very rough rows of stitches that I got frustrated with and threw away.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Sat, Dec 15 2012 11:13 PM | Locked

Brandy:
It touched my heart that my niece claimed it as her own without really asking permission.  

It is nice when family appreciates the things that we make, your niece obviously has good taste!

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Sun, Dec 16 2012 6:55 AM | Locked

2 BIG salads made,a conditioned floor, 1 mayo covered woman and I am done. Now to take a shower and iron a shirt for Jim. Then, off to Church. And, tons of yummy food. I will be taking my saucer. :~{

Hopefully this afternoon, I will get to cut and sew Karla's block. Then, everything left will go in the mail tomorrow and I am done with Christmas. I hope.If  things don't keep cropping up that I haven't thought of.

Can't wait for Tues,. there is not one thing on my calander!! Sew day for sure. Got things to complete for February! Gotta get 'er done and to the FMQ'er by Jan. Pleanty of time.

Now four days behind on my Bible Study. Why was the begun in Dec??? Jan. would have been better for all. Oh, well, I just better get to it.

HAve a splendid day, y'all

Sukochi

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 203
Points 4,430
Brandy (Modern_Mosaic_Mom) replied on Sun, Dec 16 2012 7:19 AM | Locked

Sounds like a very busy morning Sukochi!

We are not going to church this morning.  Last night after I posted about my niece and the hat, I found out from her dad that they (him and the girls) are moving 6 hours away in February/March.  I told him if he on my birthday I'm going to flatten his tires so he has to stay another day.  

Then I got a call from a friend (who is also my son's godmother).  Her husband is in the hospital because he had a heart attack on Friday.  He went into the hospital last night and they are moving him to the 4th floor at 11 a.m. and she needs me to stay with their 4 kids so she can be there.

I will be taking my jersey quilt stuff with me because I need to get that finished.  My son fits right in with them and I'm not above putting a movie on and letting them just chill for a while.

Time to get the squares together.  Gideon is already awake and I want to get over to her.

Love and hugs to all. Brandy

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,649
Points 52,690
Ginny replied on Sun, Dec 16 2012 8:09 AM | Locked

Brandy,  that is really a neat hat that you made, and so quickly too. It is hard to believe you are a virtual beginner at this.   I can completely understand how it touched your heart to have your niece claim it.        Ginny

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,703
Points 179,728
Marie replied on Sun, Dec 16 2012 8:48 AM | Locked

Brandy:
Thanks Marie!  It touched my heart that my niece claimed it as her own without really asking permission.  Our relationship hasn't been the best (that's a really long and heart breaking story), but lately there has been a lot of healing there, so her being comfortable enough to claim something that I made as her own touched my heart. 

So happy for the healing and sad she'll be moving away.  I forgot to say great job on the hat, your niece will be taking you with her when she moves.  Sorry about your friends husband, will send up prayers for him and his family.  (((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,520
Points 48,345
Frances replied on Sun, Dec 16 2012 9:00 AM | Locked

Well its just coming up to 3pm here and so far ive Royal iced 5 Christmas cakes, 3 to go into work with me tommorrow, 1 for my sister and 1 for me and dad.

Now all i have to do is make a load of mince pies and make 40 Christmas cards oh and wrap some presents, where does the time go.

lots of love

Francesxx

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,842
Points 248,959
Barbara replied on Sun, Dec 16 2012 10:29 AM | Locked

Frances, you have been busy today,I can almost smell all those cakes and pies.  what a wonderful aroma,, I have to go in real fast an straighten up my front room /sewing room some as  Max is coming over today around two to bring me a couple of quilts to do for her.  so I can't be on here to long this morning.. I may just have to go throw in a package of bread in the machine to bake so the house smells good and we have some fresh bread for dinner. LOL    Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 65
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,356
Points 31,985
MaxNTopeka replied on Sun, Dec 16 2012 10:53 AM | Locked

Been busy finishing backings for a couple of quilt tops that get to take a trip today.  It's bad when the backings turn out purtier than the quilt tops!!

Barbara, don't you go cleaning house on my account!!  I won't pay any attention, I promise!  Almost have everything packed and ready to start your direction soon.  Will have to make a  few stops to let the old back rest along the way.  See ya later!

Max

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020
MelodyP MO/KS replied on Sun, Dec 16 2012 10:56 AM | Locked
We are taking Mother Christmas shopping. It is easy for her to find lots of reasons on why she should not go, pains in strange places, not sleeping, etc, etc,etc. However..........she is going. This is not unusual for someone who has been ill for a long time, it's easier to do nothing. But today she is going to do something that in the past she loved doing. We are in hopes it will lift her spirits and get her into the holiday spirit, something else she loved. Sometimes you just have to nudge a little to get them moving, because we love her! A lot!

MelodyP

Page 285 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 283 284 285 286 287 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use