Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 281 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 279 280 281 282 283 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,402
Points 119,641
Patti replied on Thu, Dec 13 2012 9:10 AM | Locked

Sukochi, I have had days like that.  Or more specifically an evening out to dinner.   An office party dinner at the most popular restaurant in town.  Laughter is my problem.  If I laugh too hard, I have some kind of reflex that results in my inability to intake air and breath. It's very scary.  But that night I also threw-up and peed my pants.  A lot.  At least I was able to gracefully grab a glass for the vomit, and was wearing dark pants, and a long sweater.   I am sure the waitresses all thought I was drunk.  But my co-workers knew better. 

I hope you are feeling better.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,844
Points 248,954
Barbara replied on Thu, Dec 13 2012 9:10 AM | Locked

Thea I think moving Mom into the bedroom is a great idea, at least then you should not hear the tv. and it will give her some privacy as well . just have to remember the poor dog .LOl  There is no reason why you should not have your front room back ,then if she want to come out .you will not have to complete with the tv. Just my suggestion. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,402
Points 119,641
Patti replied on Thu, Dec 13 2012 9:18 AM | Locked

Today, as soon as it is light, I am going into work for 2-3 hours.  Then come home and sew the rest of today and all day tomorrow.   With only me to interrupt myself, as DH will be gone until late tomorrow.  I will miss him, but I do enjoy those completely free days with no expectations or feeling like I need to fix dinner or something.  And I can sew on those new projects he doesn't know about.  Well, he is actually no longer reminding me I have several projects to finish.   He just laughs. 

First thing to finish will be MQ7.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,844
Points 248,954
Barbara replied on Thu, Dec 13 2012 9:27 AM | Locked

Oh Patti enjoy yor two days , I always loved it whenI had those days to myself.   have fun. barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Thu, Dec 13 2012 9:31 AM | Locked

MNnancy:

Did we ever hear if Jenni had a reaction to eating that suet present?

I am relieved to report that she didn't...or at least if she did the carpet was not the recipient.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 12
Points 375
snpyrunner replied on Thu, Dec 13 2012 9:50 AM | Locked

Today... hmmm.  Well, I have a thousand things to do as usual, and getting OFF of this computer is priority number one.  However, I need to upload photos to Walmart.com to compare their prices in prints and photo gifts to Shutterfly.  I prefer Shutterfly, but Walmart is local and I can skip out on shipping.  So we'll see, I hate all of this sitting on the bum.  Besides taking care of the twins which is a full-time job in itself, I have to really get going on a quilt for my new niece Elyse.  I managed to get a small part of it done yesterday and most of the fabric pieces are already cut, but I'm up in the air on fabric choices since I'm trying not to purchase additional material.  Also trying to decide if I want to make a second table runner for a gift (I looked at the one I made already and I noticed a lot of mistakes).

Thankful today for the advice received from coworkers last night on how to troubleshoot our furnace.  It wouldn't kick on when the thermostat was telling it to, so my hubby took the advice and it seems to be working great.  We really can't afford to have it serviced.  Money is so tight :(.

Uh oh... somebody's crying!  Well... off I go.  Maybe I'll get SOMETHING done today!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Thu, Dec 13 2012 9:56 AM | Locked

Joni:

Gini

what about a hand roller for pasta, you could definitely get as thin as you chose.  If I had one I'd send it to you...probably get one at Wally World or Big Lots.

I had the same thought. I'm not sure how stiff the dough for crackers is, but in theory it would work. As far as needing a 'special tool' to get the crackers on the baking stone... heck, that's easy. Stop off at the hardware store and pick yourself up a new 6" putty knife. That's what I have in my kitchen. Handy for transfering cookie cut-outs ans sharp enough to cut bread dough to size!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,919
Points 41,040
ls2116 replied on Thu, Dec 13 2012 10:04 AM | Locked

I decided I had to go to Joann's yet again for more fabric for mq7.  Glad i did I bought the end of bolt on one now i'm searching online trying to find if there is more in a different color anywhere.  I'm kicking myself for not writing down the name of fabric.  DH was sitting in car waiting for me.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Thu, Dec 13 2012 10:04 AM | Locked

Well, I see Snpy and I have started our day with the same clarian call.  Sprout was restless last night. This morning he filled his pants past his ears and instantly got his grin back. ...and a bath.

I'll be in Walmart today *sigh* Gotta get the stuff for catering the company open house and finish the Christmas shopping. Whee-ee.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,713
Points 248,462
Thea replied on Thu, Dec 13 2012 10:11 AM | Locked

CC - have fun shopping and see if anyone posted pictures of that other incident on the monitors as a warning... and if there are mops set out to take care of any incidents...teeheee...we know it got sent around the world!  Oh my...bad Thea this morning...

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,713
Points 248,462
Thea replied on Thu, Dec 13 2012 10:11 AM | Locked

oh i see it is double posting today - so I'll just change the 2nd one to Barbara - I only have one problem with putting her into that bedroom - we have to turn the heat on in there and find a way to move all her furniture from NY that is in there to fit her chair - I know it can be done but for the moment not sure how or if I want to even try tackling all that work that we would have to do...right now DH is coming home from work so frustrated with his job - security with that job is starting to look iffy again - I am not sure yet if we can survive another lay off but it would make getting this house ready to sell a matter of have to do right now as opposed to we have a couple years before we need to... and I have had to do some real changes in the budget and see where I can cut back... Mom's bills came in from the incident back in October and medicare paid not a dime - so her 5 hours of evaluation at the hospital came in at $3,654 - some where I now have to find that on top of everything else... guess they will have to accept payments as with all the rest of her bills that I inherited - plus trying to find the money to put a roof on her house in NY so it can be sold is hard - real hard - somehow all will happen though - at least I know if we have to move we do have a house in NY - not paid for - still has 20 years on the mortgage - who in there right mind gives a loan to a 75 year old woman for 30 years... oh my... so many things that worry my poor little mind... it will all work out though!  No wonder my chest hurts!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Thu, Dec 13 2012 11:49 AM | Locked

Patti:
Today, as soon as it is light, I am going into work for 2-3 hours.  Then come home and sew the rest of today and all day tomorrow. 

Good for you Patti, I hope you have a great time sewing, I'm going to try to do that this weekend, maybe :) Have fun!

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,703
Points 179,728
Marie replied on Thu, Dec 13 2012 11:54 AM | Locked

Spud, we are all dancing with you, my friend.  We love you.  (((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,703
Points 179,728
Marie replied on Thu, Dec 13 2012 11:56 AM | Locked

CC,  YUCK!

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Thu, Dec 13 2012 11:58 AM | Locked

Well, I'm up to no good as usual :) Actually, I'm headed to town, so that takes care of most of my day. Tomorrow, I am taking my son to the airport, my son and SIL are flying back to drive my daughters furniture and car home, then my daughter and her 3 boys will fly home on the 20th. After I drop son off, my other daughter and her two boys and grandma are going Christmas shopping, that should be interesting :) I hope you all have a great day!!!

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Page 281 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 279 280 281 282 283 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use