Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 280 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 278 279 280 281 282 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Wed, Dec 12 2012 8:08 PM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:
 Spud, It makes me do the happy dance with you! You have come so far. And have, still, far to go in this quilty life!!

Thanks Sukochi, its no fun to dance alone :)

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Wed, Dec 12 2012 8:51 PM | Locked

We're happy to dance right along side of you, Spud! What a delightful Gift this Christmas is for you!

Sukochi, I sure hope you are feeling better. We're all trying to bring you a few laughs, but I'm sure it's been a miserable afternoon for you.

We kept the kidlets home from school today and went to get our Christmas tree. It's been snowing lightly all afternoon. It was the perfect day for it! We had a winter picnic and went sledding.  I'd say it was a Curior and Ives day...but that would mean that we didn't have Jenni (also known as B.W Pita). First off, she found a gut pile some thoughtful hunter left in the middle of the parking area... and happily presented us with 3 feet of frozen deer intestine.  20 min later she came happily prancing up the road with a headless green grouse, and attempted to deposit it in the car!  *Gack*  One thing about it, our furry friend has a great nose on her... Thank goodnes her treasures were all frozen!!! She got a snowbath before we came home!

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Wed, Dec 12 2012 9:01 PM | Locked

Leslie :
You're talking to a person who still refuses to get a cell phone

I didn't know that about you, Leslie.  Do you own a sewing machine or is that all done by hand?   LOL

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Wed, Dec 12 2012 9:11 PM | Locked

chocake2:
First off, she found a gut pile some thoughtful hunter left in the middle of the parking area

Ugh, this is a daily occurrence for us as we take our dog hikes through the woods, and this is why Calley gets HeartGuard year round - all those icky bugs in those icky gut piles.

Did we ever hear if Jenni had a reaction to eating that suet present?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,498
Points 48,235
Angele replied on Wed, Dec 12 2012 10:15 PM | Locked

Marie, I love, love, love your Snoopy quilt.  He's always been one of my faves.  Your DH'S and his Son will have warm quilty dreams under that quilt. I just can't wait to see it finished.

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,498
Points 48,235
Angele replied on Wed, Dec 12 2012 10:24 PM | Locked

Woohoo Leslie! Good for you your GS will surely appreciate the Nook.  What a nice surprise!

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,498
Points 48,235
Angele replied on Wed, Dec 12 2012 10:35 PM | Locked

Sukochi this is so pretty.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,498
Points 48,235
Angele replied on Wed, Dec 12 2012 10:40 PM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:

Oh, shoot, forgot.

Angele, this coffee is SO good. And my mug is just right. Thanks again.

Sukochi, you are so very welcome!  

Angèle  from NWO

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,536
Points 417,914
gini replied on Wed, Dec 12 2012 11:50 PM | Locked

i've finally caught up on this post.  you all make me laugh and cry, then laugh again.    to all of you under the weather,   get better soon.   sukochi, i couldn't find your original walmart post, but it must have been an epic occasion from all the responses you've gotten, and your post card is very cute.  

spud we are very greatful to have you back with us.  

i finally have all the decorations up,   sam is back in branson,  we have snow, finally.  

i am on the hunt for the perfect homemade cracker recipe.   i've decided that the gourmet crackers i love so much are way to expensive for a bit of flour and oil.   batches two and three are pretty good.  i haven't yet been able to get them thin enough, i may need a trip to a kitchen store to find. the right tool to get them off the bread board and onto the pizza strone. 

the children have been pretty cute.    last weekend, poor princess had a melt down at her home.   she admitted to her mom that she saw her daddy hiding easter eggs this spring, so she has figured out that santa isn't real.   she was majorly MAD at her parents for lying to her about santa and the easter bunny.   many tears later they got her calmed down and a promise from her not to tell her best friend or brother the bad news. 

we had to find a new piano teacher for the kids,   wendy got a kid from high school to teach them.  it is his first job, and he is darling.   he doesn't know what he isn't supposed to teach them.  so they are learning some pretty advanced music theory, as well as learning how to play.  he comes here to the house for lessons.  today he looked at his watch and said, "darn, your time is up.  that's ok, i need to teach you something else we can have a longer lesson, my dad will wait"    the kids love him because he is so enthusiastic. 

the first night we got back from branson last week, i was sitting in the living room and saw something out the corner of my eye.   a rather large mousie, buff colored, so it isn't the usual run-of-the-mill field mouse.    i went into the kitchen to find the traps and as i was coming around the corner one way he was coming around the corner the other way.   we scared each other pretty bad and i haven't seen him since.   i"m worried it's a packrat, he's so big, and i have no idea how he got into the house. he didn't come in their normal route over the mantle. 

we are off to see the hobbit this friday.  i'm going with the kids and grands,   it should be a fun day 

i really need to get back to the grind stone.  and actually i was grinding today.    i had the bright idea to get some cracked wheat for my crackers.   none in town.   so, i decided that i could grind my own in the mortar with the pestle.   bad idea.   i now have little wheats all over the kitchen.   the ones that made it into the crackers are pretty good, though. 

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 25,027
Points 369,907
Kris replied on Thu, Dec 13 2012 1:02 AM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:
Please say prayers for me. Pray that, someday, they will let me back in Walmart!

OK I just have to chime in here. So sorry this happened to you but your commentary and follow up posts really made me laugh and say holy $%^&. 

You should know by now who you're talking to here and will certainly take a bit of ribbing. You're such a good sport. Just hope no one with a cell phone camera put this on YouTube.

Seriously though, I hope you're feeling much better now.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,077
Leslie replied on Thu, Dec 13 2012 5:06 AM | Locked

MNnancy:

I didn't know that about you, Leslie.  Do you own a sewing machine or is that all done by hand?   LOL

Are you kidding !!!!  I'm way to lazy for that

[Ava, Missouri

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Thu, Dec 13 2012 6:23 AM | Locked

Gini

what about a hand roller for pasta, you could definitely get as thin as you chose.  If I had one I'd send it to you...probably get one at Wally World or Big Lots.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,498
Points 48,235
Angele replied on Thu, Dec 13 2012 8:23 AM | Locked

Sukochi, just read about your wallyworld adventure...hope you feel better today.  That is the reason why I stayed home from work today.  Not sure wether it will come up or down or both but sure feeling crappy..

so just relax enjoy a cup of coffee and look at fabric.  It will make you smile and feel better.

big hugs going your way (not too hard though)

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,498
Points 48,235
Angele replied on Thu, Dec 13 2012 8:31 AM | Locked

Spud I'm so happy for you.  I know you will have a good Christmas with the grands and daughter home.  With your love and our prayers, she will get through this and be stronger on the other side.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,686
Points 248,737
Thea replied on Thu, Dec 13 2012 9:05 AM | Locked

gini - they have pasta rollers that would work great for this - they used to not be that expensive but I haven't priced them in years - but the savings you would get making them yourself - well it would be paid off in savings in a little while... and a lot of hours...

I am up and ready to face the world today... not sure why...teeheee... had another run in with Mom last night - this is so tiring but I will make it through this with a smile on my face - at least they are reducing in # now... she is turning off the TV at night but refuses yet to sleep during the night - oh well some people stay up all night and like it - it is just difficult to not disturb her during the day as she is right there in the front living room... I may talk to Jay about moving her into the bedroom if we can find a way... right now - oh too much to think about at the moment and I want to smile.

I finished fusing all the pieces for the MR quilt onto fabric last night - now comes the hours of cutting them out again...teehee.... lots of time sitting in my chair with fur babies in my lap attempting to cut these pieces and keep them organized... oh my...  I have done it 5 times with other quilts so know that I can do it again and it is the fun time when the pictures start taking shape.

I have to get online and order my pain cream too - my hands and whole body are drying out - shriveling up this winter...teehee... need some more moisturizers - ordered those just waiting for them to arrive...

What to do first - take some meat out of the freezer for dinner... decisions decisions...

Page 280 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 278 279 280 281 282 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use