Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 274 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 272 273 274 275 276 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,282
Points 173,413
Marie replied on Tue, Dec 11 2012 2:33 PM | Locked

Ginny, I'm a youngster compared to her and I'm just about over the crazies. (just about)  :  )  LOL  All kidding aside, if he's content with his life as is let it be.  We mom's and grams are always trying to fix something that aint broke.  So much love in our hearts.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Tue, Dec 11 2012 2:33 PM | Locked

CC, nice to know someone cares more about time with their family, then the almighty dollar. Not many men would turn down a deal like that.  You are truely blessed with your DH

Ginny, does your son not realize that EVERY woman is only one hormone pill away from "crazy"?  ; ! }

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Tue, Dec 11 2012 3:27 PM | Locked

Marie, those stars are just so darn cute . good job. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Tue, Dec 11 2012 3:38 PM | Locked

Hey everyone, Thea and I have been having a little skype sewing retreat today ,We have had so much fun. Sewing together. I'm working on my next center for The RR#3 and getting close to having it finished . Then I'm back to working on Marie Quilt .. Thea has been wroking on birthday gifts . Its been nice having someone to talk with while sewing.  We jwill have to do this more often .. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,251
Points 239,937
Thea replied on Tue, Dec 11 2012 3:59 PM | Locked

Yes - we have been having fun - even though we are miles apart we can sew together - how much fun is that - I am making some hand made gifts in case I have to put together some Secret Santa packages to go out.  I still haven't heard from about 20 people as to whether - 1 - they sent out a gift - or 2 - they received a gift - so getting ready just in case and if none have to be sent out - that will be just outstanding - I will just put these into a bag for next year... love it...

Barbara is shopping online - window shopping...teehee... all the sales - that extra money in her checkbook is burning a hole in her pocket...

Love it!  I got all my mail box surprise stuff ready to go - now to get the envelopes and put them in and get to the post office tomorrow - UPS store for 2 packages - one to NC - one to GA - and then 6 all over the place at the PO... busy day tomorrow... but then I will be all done for this year and we aren't even to the half way point in the month... amazing for me.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,765
Nana replied on Tue, Dec 11 2012 5:11 PM | Locked

Marie

Really cute quilt.  I am sure father and son will love it.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,251
Points 239,937
Thea replied on Tue, Dec 11 2012 5:21 PM | Locked

Marie:

This is what I've been working on the last few days.  My soon to be 31 YO DGS always loved Charlie Brown so I'm making this for him and his unborn son to cuddle up with when his son is born late winter.

These are the leftover triangles that I could make a crib sized quilt out of.

Marie, that is an awesome Idea - one for Daddy and one for baby... I have had some material for Scooge for my son forever - am thinking - yep - Marie gave me a good idea - one for Dad and one for new GS... yep thank you .... and your quilts are awesome... 

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 203
Points 4,430
Brandy (Modern_Mosaic_Mom) replied on Tue, Dec 11 2012 5:26 PM | Locked

Ginny:

Well, I'd like to send himover, but we are in Michigan and I have never heard him state that he would like to move elsewhere.   Now if we could move Texas closer to Michigan- that might work. LOL

Don't let that coworker get to you.  There is always another day for that.  I guess just keep thinking-Paybacks are-hmm- shall we say not nice?    Hee hee hee     Ginny

Well, I've never been to Michigan, and I'm an adventurer....lol   I can totally understand his hesitation to get into another relationship, only to find out she is half insane.  Since I became a practicing Christian (not just praying the prayer and signing a piece of paper, but actually living my life to the best of my ability for Christ), I have concerns that I will meet someone, fall in love with them, marry them, and find out they were only putting on a front.  I know God will deliver the right man at the right time.  He's just building lots and lots of patience in me in the mean time.

The coworker and I met eyes three times today.  I generally don't see her, so of course today, after her little blow-up yesterday, I would see her non-stop.  I smiled at her kindly and walked on.  

Today was still a difficult day.  Lost of transition at work - all good, but still taxing as I have to train someone on yet another part of my job and then I have to still answer questions for the boss...oh and stay caught up on my other tasks.  It's going to be a very busy 11 days.  That is when I will be on Christmas vacation - working from home minimally, but enjoying my time with my son.  I may take a sewing hiatus just so I don't burn out.  I don't feel close to burn out, but I'm tired and a break would be rather welcome.  If I do sew something, it'll be for myself for a change.

I will have to say, after a rather difficult day, I was secretly hoping to come home to my SS box.  Nothing yet, but I know it will be amazing when it does come.  The littlest things make me smile, so if my SS wrapped things individually, I will take my time (hopefully) and unwrap each carefully and appreciate each thing.  If not, then I will still take the time to appreciate each thing.

Well, off to quilting more on the jersey quilt.  The quilt that will never end....

Love and hugs to you all

Brandy

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,650
Points 135,977
Leslie replied on Tue, Dec 11 2012 5:37 PM | Locked

Marie, very cute quilt, I love charlie also

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,650
Points 135,977
Leslie replied on Tue, Dec 11 2012 5:40 PM | Locked

Last Friday, I went on a shop hop, each shop was giving away a colored Nook,  Guess what I won? you got it I won one of the nooks, I am just glad it was at the shop closest to me, just about 45 min drive.  I will probably end up giving it to my GS, but it was fun to win

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,282
Points 173,413
Marie replied on Tue, Dec 11 2012 5:47 PM | Locked

Thanks, Spud, Barbara, Nana, and Thea.  Thea, I'm glad I could share my idea with you.  

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,282
Points 173,413
Marie replied on Tue, Dec 11 2012 5:51 PM | Locked

Thanks Leslie.  How nice is that, you won a Nook!

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,504
Points 50,725
Ginny replied on Tue, Dec 11 2012 5:59 PM | Locked

h no, Marie, he is not at all satisfied with his life as it is, he would really like to have a wife and family.  I guess I'll just have to pray harder for it to happen.    Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,504
Points 50,725
Ginny replied on Tue, Dec 11 2012 6:00 PM | Locked

Isn't that the truth, Sukochi.  LOL    Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,504
Points 50,725
Ginny replied on Tue, Dec 11 2012 6:05 PM | Locked

Congrats on your win, Leslie     Ginny

Page 274 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 272 273 274 275 276 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use