Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 272 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 270 271 272 273 274 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Tue, Dec 11 2012 6:09 AM | Locked

Ginny  what wonderful new. Gotta be the best  Christmas gift.  BArbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,431
Points 47,525
Angele replied on Tue, Dec 11 2012 7:05 AM | Locked

Thea, you are already an amazing and caring person. You are leaving many of us far behind in your dust.  With your health issues, you took your mom into your house with loving open arms.  You constantly give to people around you.  Even when you are in so much pain, you find a way to be optimistic! You truly amaze me.  Many people I know would just stop. Stop and say poor me take care of me.  

I love your sense of humor and how you find the silver lining everywhere you look.  I often want to take some of your pain away so you could be pain free for a while.  I truly wish I could.  Have a great and beautiful day 

Thea:

Angele:
Agnes, my alone time is first thing in the morning. I always feel that if I take time to be thankful for the day to come and what will come my way, I can deal with it all.  I hand it over to God.
Angele - I love that quiet time when I first get up - It is the greatest time of the day for me...I truly try to be thankful when I wake up and give my problems over to God - he loves taking them - and when I am able to my day is so so much better - I have problems with those days where I take it back - those are the days that I wish I could start over.  I keep telling myself that I am going to pick up my Bible and start reading it every day - haven't done it yet but one of these days I am going to start this and my days will be oh so much better...

Then I am not going to let people get to me - I am going to do this - no one no matter how insensitive is going to be able to bother me anymore... Those people that privately PM me and tell me they agree with me not to speak to me at all on the main forum and ignore when I am nice to them - I will continue to be nice to them but I have swept those bad feelings out the front door as I feel it is the devil that is making that a bone of contention with me.  I did change my settings so that no one who is not my friend will be able to PM me anymore... 

So there is my vent - I am over it now and it will not bother me anymore as I am giving it over to God and am not taking it back anymore... I am praying to make myself a better person and I know it is baby steps to accomplish this - I do have a lot of problems but I am trying so so hard... so I have said it - it is out there and over with... it will not bother me anymore and I will continue to try and be nice.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,431
Points 47,525
Angele replied on Tue, Dec 11 2012 7:10 AM | Locked

Ginny, bringing your daughter home for Christmas is the best gift you could make for yourself!  I am so happy for you!

Angèle  from NWO

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Tue, Dec 11 2012 7:12 AM | Locked

Angele,Thea is an amazing person.  With everything she facies daily , It just amazing me how she keeps going on.  Her faith is strong and it shows. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,431
Points 47,525
Angele replied on Tue, Dec 11 2012 7:15 AM | Locked

Barbara, don't sell yourself short!  You too are quite an amazing person.  If you look at everything you do, you will see that you deserve a big wrap around quilty hug too!  Have a great day.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Tue, Dec 11 2012 7:30 AM | Locked

Ahh Gee ,Angele, thanks  ,Wish you loved closer  I'd give you a big hug ,,this one will have to do   ((((((HUGS))))))   .barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,485
Points 244,432
Thea replied on Tue, Dec 11 2012 8:46 AM | Locked

Barbara is the sweetest and without her I think I would have gone just a little bit more insane then I already am... keeps me way above the bottoming out line.  She does deserve big hugs!  ((((((HUGS)))))) 

I am up - another day has started - who knows what this day will bring.  I have to get my last mail box surprise packages in the mail and the big box to Christine in NC.  Continue wrapping the Christmas gifts for the kidz... told Jay if i do a few each day I ought to have them all wrapped by the time we are supposed to leave.  I went throughout the house yesterday collecting everything... I had thought there were just a few things...teehee... I should take a picture of the top of the pool table to show you... oh my... over this year I have collected quite a few things for those kids and grands.  

Just a few short days left to this year of 2012.  I always get sentimental at this time of year - reflecting on the past year and what we did and what went on.  It started what seems like a long time ago... just 11 short months though and they were packed full.  the highlights of my year are always seeing my Grands and I got to visit with them twice last year at their house and once here... oh the joy... and I got to visit with Barbara here and at her home and in Iowa.  So much laughter, so many tears... so much growing... I look back over the quilts that I made this year - Mom coming to live with us... the frustrations... the memories... the growing in faith.

how much more growing does a person do at this stage of their life?  I thought by this time I would just be settling in - ha - the Lord got me there...the losses we suffer as we get older...

Well, I better get moving...again ha  - that will happen shortly just not yet!  A cup of Hot Cocoa - now there is a thought!  Yummy for the tummy!  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Tue, Dec 11 2012 9:06 AM | Locked

Thea same to you girl , To bad we live 5 hours apart ,we never get any housework done. Or at least me , You just go go go  on the cleaning ...LOL   Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,556
Points 51,395
Ginny replied on Tue, Dec 11 2012 10:16 AM | Locked

Brandy,  Can you tell how excited that I am?  My, my I didn't think it showed. LOL    By the way I was thinking of you yesterday when I was talking to my son.  It was his birthday.  He was saying that he wanted to sell his house and get a farm.  I told him that was a pretty big order since he couldn't even take care of his garden properly last summer.  Then we got talking about other things like the fact he would like to find a great woman to marry, and that he still wanted kids, even if they aren't his own, but he would like some of his own.  I told him he better get cracking because he isn't getting any younger-he just turned 48- . He said I know, but it is hard to find a stable woman who isn't bipolar or something.  His previous marriage ended when his wife went off the deep end for the 2nd time and he felt that he wasn't safe with her.   Reminded me of your relating that you would like to have a farm and help abused women and such.    Oh, well, I can dream can't I ?     Ginny

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Tue, Dec 11 2012 10:57 AM | Locked

Relax Ginny. Grandkids might still be in your future. Your son's only a few years older then I, and  just look what I am up to lately. LOL A good man with a job and a place to call home is a prize worth keeping, and the right woman will know that!!

I'm trying to get a few packages ready to mail today, but Sprout is un-packing as fast as I am packing. Tissue paper is a grand thing when one is small!  I keep hoping i'll have time to whip up a couple of hotpads to add to my Bro/SiL's goodie box, but at the rate I'm going that might not happen.

I've got the 2nd batch of Christmas bread on to rise. Thought i'd just do cookies this year, but I've already had several requests for bread, so i guess I ain't getting out of it. Who'da thought that boring ol' bread, of all things, would be sought after?

Had to laugh at Jr this morning. I was not really feeling much like packing lunches today so I raided the leftovers. On the way out the door I heard him saying to his brother "We get to have hot stew for lunch!!" like it was the coolest think ever. Maybe I should be lazy more often...

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,556
Points 51,395
Ginny replied on Tue, Dec 11 2012 11:32 AM | Locked

Yes, CC I would like to see a grandson or 2.  Only have granddaughters at this point, but I have 2 GGS with a 3rd on the way.  Guess I'm greedy.   Yes, my son has a job, he is the one that is a jeweler, and he has a tree cutting business on the side, along with another house and an apartment house ,and a very large unfinished cabin up north.  He loves the out of doors- fishing and hunting. Goes to church.  I'd be tempted to go after him if I was the right age and he wasn't my son.  Oh yes, and he is a great cook.  he used to cook for the groups that came to play The Palace and Pine Knob.  Which are star band & singer  and pro basketball venues in Michigan.    Gee, I think he is a good catch.  He is always taking in strays too.  I mean people who are having a hard time, not animals.  Oh, he does have a dog and a cat too- the cat was a stray.   Guess that's enough gushing about him.    Ginny

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,483
Points 176,833
Marie replied on Tue, Dec 11 2012 11:42 AM | Locked

Ginny, you have a right to gush, he sounds like a gem.  Is he into older woman?  If so I might make a move on him.  :  )

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,483
Points 176,833
Marie replied on Tue, Dec 11 2012 11:43 AM | Locked

OOPS, forgot to say can't give him sons but we could adopt.  :  )

Millbury, MA

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 203
Points 4,430
Brandy (Modern_Mosaic_Mom) replied on Tue, Dec 11 2012 11:45 AM | Locked

Ginny:

Reminded me of your relating that you would like to have a farm and help abused women and such.    Oh, well, I can dream can't I ?     Ginny

Well Ginny, send him on over!  Texas isn't too far, is it??  LOL  Not much land in the DFW metroplex, but I grew up in the country and can grow my own food - quilt (obviously), and say nonsensical things that drive a lot of men crazy because, even though I know how things work, I prefer to say, "It worked itself out by magic!"  That tends to drive the more A-type personalities insane.

That is unfortunate for him, though.  He sounds like an awesome person and God will surely bless him with the right woman in His timing (which rarely works out to what we think His timing should be....).  

Today started out with a nasty email from a coworker (thankfully not the same coworker whom nearly fell out of the window trying to convince me that she wasn't giving me attitude).  I'm determined that God will make a beautiful thing out of my day, and I won't let the devil wear me down.  Easily said...now to get to doing it.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Tue, Dec 11 2012 12:24 PM | Locked

Mornin' Glories! Finally was able to get on here. This site makes me itch, worse then my hives...and that is almost unbearable.

Thinking over all our Secret Santa gifts we gave and recieved. Are we not all so blessed to have each other in our lives. It is not the" things" I speak of but the fellowship that is so amazing among many of us who have never met. It fills my heart each day. All these blessings God bestows on us, who are not deserving of his great love.  Though we have been forgiven our sins, we continue to sin, everyday in tiny ways. Some we don't even notice. I vowed to him this a.m. that I will look more carefully, as I go through my day, to catch the tiniest. For even that, will cause him upset. It is the greatest of loves, having Christ in our lives.

I am taking a chocolate pecan pie to the Pastor's house tomorrow aft. He will love me forever. That man is all about food. He has even done a sermon on the Little Debbie Oatmeal Cake!! And, he never fails to mention his love of the Krispy Kreme Donut. There, I agree wholehartedly.

I keep looking at my Kansas Troubles layer cake, (thank you again, Angele). Some cakes are just to beautiful to slice, don't you agree??  I will oogle over it for awhuile. At least, this kind of cake will not spoil! Gives me time to drool.

Guess I better get dressed for the day. It is, after all, 1:16 so this day is more then half over. Oh, how lazy I am. Need to get out and walk, get Kalrla's block done and ready to mail, my past 2012 post card done and ready to mail, and I still have three trees to decorate!!

Have a beautiful day.

Sukochi

Page 272 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 270 271 272 273 274 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use