Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 271 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 269 270 271 272 273 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 203
Points 4,430
Brandy (Modern_Mosaic_Mom) replied on Mon, Dec 10 2012 7:11 PM | Locked

Thea:

Brandy you must have left your mind reading App at home today - Now I know I sent you one...teehee...and Brandy - we love you and are so happy to hear you vent...teeheee... hope your day gets better - quilty virtual hugz coming your way!

Oh Thea, you are so right.  I dashed out of the house without a moment to spare.  I was wondering what I had left behind, and now I'm going to put it in my purse so that I will be better prepared for tomorrow.

And tonight I continue my quest to get a quilt put together that I just do not like.  Not to my taste at all, so that is making it quite difficult to finish.  I may stop accepting hockey jersey quilts because of the amount of time and expense and frustration that goes into them.

Off to sewing I go.  I may post photos later.

Love and hugs to you all

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,532
Points 51,090
Ginny replied on Mon, Dec 10 2012 7:43 PM | Locked

Oh, I am sooo Happy, happy, happy.  I just paid for a train ticket  for my daughter to come home from Oregon for Christmas.  My year end taxes aren't as much as I thought they would be so I am using the extra to send  her on her way here.   Whoo-hoo I am dancing with joy.    Ginny

• | Post Points: 80
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Mon, Dec 10 2012 7:47 PM | Locked

Oh, Ginny, now that IS worth dancing about!! Bet you really will have a very Merry Christmas now, huh?

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,398
Points 175,538
Marie replied on Mon, Dec 10 2012 7:50 PM | Locked

Ginny, that's wonderful news, doing the Happy Dance with you.  Enjoy!

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,653
Points 136,022
Leslie replied on Mon, Dec 10 2012 8:18 PM | Locked

Ginny, very happy for you, Now your Christmas, will be wonderful

[Ava, Missouri

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,130
Points 14,615
Dawn replied on Mon, Dec 10 2012 8:45 PM | Locked

Ginny, that is awesome!  So happy for you!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,369
Points 242,517
Thea replied on Mon, Dec 10 2012 8:57 PM | Locked

Ginny I am so happy for you - that is truly a gift for the season.  I was depressed this winter as I knew we weren't going to be able to see the kids cuz DH had no vacation and his job wasn't giving any extra days off.  He had to work this year on the Saturday after Thanksgiving so there went our plans to go then - but so far it looks like we are going to be able to go for the New Year's holiday - so I truly know how happy you are.  I hate my kids living so far away and can't wait to be in their back yard and see them all the time - and the cold and snow - well I will put up quilts over the windows of sunny beaches and rainbows...teehee... So so happy for you!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Mon, Dec 10 2012 9:18 PM | Locked

That is wonderful Ginny, enjoy your time together!!!

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,532
Points 51,090
Ginny replied on Mon, Dec 10 2012 9:19 PM | Locked

Thank you,  Thea.    I haven't seen her in almost 5 years.  She is all giddy too.  I am so excited that I went in and changed my living room all around, by myself.  Something that I shouldn't be doing---But-- you do what you have to do.  The next project is to clean up the sewing room- Yikes!  Ohno!  What a job that will be.  My older daughter and her husband came over a while ago and it looks like they will be in their new house before Christmas---and--her husband goes for his citizenship on Friday.   Praise the Lord!  Our family is having some good things happen right now.     Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,738
Points 66,700
Bonita replied on Mon, Dec 10 2012 9:33 PM | Locked

Keep on dancing Ginny, sounds like you have lots of good news to dance about. Have a Merry Christmas with your family.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,532
Points 51,090
Ginny replied on Mon, Dec 10 2012 9:36 PM | Locked

Thanks everyone for the lovely comments about my daughter coming.   We are both so excited.  Now I can really get in the Christmas spirit.   

Everyone has been commenting on how slow the site is, gee, I hate to say anything but I haven't been expeiencing that problem at all.  Usually when someone comments then my trying to get on is affected, but I haven't been running into that at all.  Usually, I read the messages thru email.  Just once in a while someones messages won't come thru when there is a picture involved, then I have to backtrack to find it.   Think I'll head for bed I have to have lab work and see the eye Dr in the morning.  Night all!   Ginny

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 203
Points 4,430
Brandy (Modern_Mosaic_Mom) replied on Mon, Dec 10 2012 10:31 PM | Locked

Ginny - I know you are in bed, but I am praising God with you for the amazing things He is doing in you and your family's lives!  Exciting times indeed! 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,499
Points 48,025
Frances replied on Mon, Dec 10 2012 10:45 PM | Locked

Bev :

Frances:

Planning a couple of quilts one is to make a EPP quilt out of some of my mums clothes (i suppose you would call it a memory quilt) and for next year doing a applique quilt using the words for "the hawaiian 12 days of christmas" i thought that might be a bit different with mele kelikimaka round the border and using batiks to give it a warm more tropical feel What do you think?

Frances, I am glad to read that you are making a memory quilt with your Moms clothes. I wish I had been quilting when my Mom and my Dad passed years ago.

I love your idea for the appliqué quilt. My older brother lives in Hawaii and would love a quilt like your are describing. So please show pictures if you decide to do this because I might just become a copycat... 

Thank you Bev,

I miss my mum so much, i thought it might help.

As for the Hawaiian 12 days of Christmas quilt i think thats a certainty probably starting in January i will post when i start it, now all i need to know is what is POI, its a line in the song but i dont know what it is???

lots of love

Francesxxx

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Mon, Dec 10 2012 11:03 PM | Locked

Frances:
now all i need to know is what is POI, its a line in the song but i dont know what it is???
 Oh Frances, you don't know what Poi is???  You need to go to Hawaii!!! 

I can't tell you exactly what it made of (didn't look it up), but it is this purplish "mush"...kind of like oatmeal... with a very bland flavor.  It is a traditional hawaiian dish served as an accompaniment with other dishes...something like mashed potatoes.   I think it is an acquired taste - only appreciated by true Hawaiians!

Winthrop, WA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,422
Points 23,795
Maggie replied on Mon, Dec 10 2012 11:27 PM | Locked

For sure it's acquired.   I remember trying it as a little girl and that it tasted bitter to me.  It's made from the taro root.   Funny, but I remember my brother in law always eating it with his middle and index fingers (kind of like getting the last of the icing from a bowl).     

Page 271 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 269 270 271 272 273 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use