Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 270 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 268 269 270 271 272 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 6,195
nantenn replied on Sun, Dec 9 2012 9:27 PM | Locked

Sukochi,

Just coming to your home and sharing Christmas with you is exciting. Plus I am going to teach you a new craft,so we will have lots of fun.

Nan

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,963
Points 368,547
Kris replied on Mon, Dec 10 2012 3:21 AM | Locked

Vivian :
Sorry to be a downer at Christmas but I have a lot of friends out there and a lot more here and they have been a comfort to me.

Vivian,

I just saw your news. So sorry this has happened to you. I can't begin to imagine how you feel. You are certainly in my prayers. Hugs.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,520
Points 30,960
Diana replied on Mon, Dec 10 2012 4:36 AM | Locked

I'm doing a bit of celebrating this morning.  The "Amazing Race" on tv finale was last night.  I personally know the winners "The Beekman Boys" from Sharon Springs (where I go every year).  They won a million dollars and can pay off the farm mortgage and Josh can now quit his job in NYC and be at the farm full-time.   It's nice to see good things happen to good people.  The ran the race with dignity and didn't  have to be mean and sneaky to win.  The worked hard and were kind to their competitors as well.  

Diana (Bink) in East Tn.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Mon, Dec 10 2012 8:57 AM | Locked

Diane

So glad to hear someone deserving won.  I don't watch reality shows because they are so nasty, cutthroat and generally very immoral. 

The Beekman Boy's sound refreshing and deserving of such a bounty.  Thanks for letting us know about them and their good fortune.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 6,195
nantenn replied on Mon, Dec 10 2012 9:15 AM | Locked

The church musical really lifted me up. Feel so positive today! I have decide to find a church home in .2013 when we get back. I used to belong to a fantastic Methodist church in west palm beach and even became a Stephens minister. My problem is I can not find anywhere ht makes me feel like I did there. But I will start looking again.

Have a quilts day, it is very gray here but not too cold!

Nan

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,729
Points 437,100
Nana replied on Mon, Dec 10 2012 11:42 AM | Locked

Vivian

I am sorry that you are going thru this.  I know that it was a hard decision but if you were not happy together it is the right decision.  Anytime you need to talk you know that we are here to listen.  Big hugs coming your way.  You will be in my prayers.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,729
Points 437,100
Nana replied on Mon, Dec 10 2012 11:53 AM | Locked

Vivian

You can show up at my house anytime.  And I even have a spare bed so you wouldn't have to sleep on the couch.  Even have extra sewing machines so we could have our very own retreat.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,729
Points 437,100
Nana replied on Mon, Dec 10 2012 11:57 AM | Locked

Spud

You know that you and your family are always in my prayers.  Things like this are always hardest on the kids.  I know that you and your DH will do a wonderful job of lifting their spirits.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Mon, Dec 10 2012 12:09 PM | Locked

Thank you Nana, we really appreciate your prayers. It is hard on the kids, but then I have to keep telling myself that kids are very resilient and they will have lots of love with aunts and uncles and cousins and of course grandma and grandpa and the prayers of so many! (((HUGS)))

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 703
Points 11,570
Bev replied on Mon, Dec 10 2012 1:59 PM | Locked

Frances:

Planning a couple of quilts one is to make a EPP quilt out of some of my mums clothes (i suppose you would call it a memory quilt) and for next year doing a applique quilt using the words for "the hawaiian 12 days of christmas" i thought that might be a bit different with mele kelikimaka round the border and using batiks to give it a warm more tropical feel What do you think?

Frances, I am glad to read that you are making a memory quilt with your Moms clothes. I wish I had been quilting when my Mom and my Dad passed years ago.

I love your idea for the appliqué quilt. My older brother lives in Hawaii and would love a quilt like your are describing. So please show pictures if you decide to do this because I might just become a copycat... 

from TN

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,822
Points 67,945
Bonita replied on Mon, Dec 10 2012 3:03 PM | Locked

Diana, I love this show. I was hoping they would win and if not them then the young couple from Tx. The Beekman's had such a hard time in a few of the laps. but good guy's do finish first sometimes. A few seasons back my DD worked with the young men that won, so it was fun cheering them on. Now to wait for the next season.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 203
Points 4,430
Brandy (Modern_Mosaic_Mom) replied on Mon, Dec 10 2012 3:55 PM | Locked

Venting time for a moment - So I had a co-worker come into my office and ambush me with attitude.  "DO YOU KNOW WHO THIS PERSON IS!?!?!??!"  Um...I'm sorry but I'm not working on that task right now, and I'm, um, uh, not sure why I'm receiving the attitude that I am?  "I'M NOT GIVING YOU ATTITUDE!!! I'M NOT GIVING YOU ATTITUDE!!!"  Chick nearly falls out the window (figuratively) trying to convince me she isn't giving me attitude.

Ummmm.... No?  Okay, wow, I'm really off today then.  I didn't say that, but I wanted to!  I told her I was here to help but I needed a bit more information.  Seriously people?  What ever happened to, "Hey Brandy, I have this client that I am really frustrated with and she is calling me again..."?  No??

Sigh.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,578
Points 246,577
Thea replied on Mon, Dec 10 2012 4:00 PM | Locked

Brandy you must have left your mind reading App at home today - Now I know I sent you one...teehee...and Brandy - we love you and are so happy to hear you vent...teeheee... hope your day gets better - quilty virtual hugz coming your way!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,578
Points 246,577
Thea replied on Mon, Dec 10 2012 4:07 PM | Locked

Angele:
Agnes, my alone time is first thing in the morning. I always feel that if I take time to be thankful for the day to come and what will come my way, I can deal with it all.  I hand it over to God.
Angele - I love that quiet time when I first get up - It is the greatest time of the day for me...I truly try to be thankful when I wake up and give my problems over to God - he loves taking them - and when I am able to my day is so so much better - I have problems with those days where I take it back - those are the days that I wish I could start over.  I keep telling myself that I am going to pick up my Bible and start reading it every day - haven't done it yet but one of these days I am going to start this and my days will be oh so much better...

Then I am not going to let people get to me - I am going to do this - no one no matter how insensitive is going to be able to bother me anymore... Those people that privately PM me and tell me they agree with me not to speak to me at all on the main forum and ignore when I am nice to them - I will continue to be nice to them but I have swept those bad feelings out the front door as I feel it is the devil that is making that a bone of contention with me.  I did change my settings so that no one who is not my friend will be able to PM me anymore... 

So there is my vent - I am over it now and it will not bother me anymore as I am giving it over to God and am not taking it back anymore... I am praying to make myself a better person and I know it is baby steps to accomplish this - I do have a lot of problems but I am trying so so hard... so I have said it - it is out there and over with... it will not bother me anymore and I will continue to try and be nice.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Mon, Dec 10 2012 5:05 PM | Locked

Thea, IS there a nicer, sweeter quilty lady in QCA besides YOU? I certonaly think not and I also think all of us wil agree with me. Not to say that we are not all nice and sweet but, Honey, you truely take the prize. For someone, who lives with the terrible pain that you do, and problems with your mama, and chomping at the bit to move to that deep snow (perhaps, you ARE out of your mind). We all love ytou so much!

Sukochi

Page 270 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 268 269 270 271 272 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use