Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 269 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 267 268 269 270 271 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 203
Points 4,430
Brandy (Modern_Mosaic_Mom) replied on Sun, Dec 9 2012 12:57 PM | Locked

At church we are going through the Advent season and meaning. Seriously learning a lot. Mymchurch has been a place of healing for my son and I both. I have made some amazing friends that have encouraged my walk (as I am sitting here at church, letting my son play on their 2 story tube play place for kids, a mom that has a 2 year old came over and told me that she really appreciates my sons heart. Apparently her 2 year old got stuck up high in the system and couldn't get down and the mom couldn't go up. My son went and helped the little girl down. What a blessing he is to so many).

prayers for you all.thea, so glad you made it to church and were able to stay the full service. Hearing the Word and being around my church community always does my heart good. 

Off to Joann's for some pleater tape for curtains for my boss. 

Brandy

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,504
Points 50,725
Ginny replied on Sun, Dec 9 2012 2:07 PM | Locked

Hmmm, I think he just wanted Momma and Daddy"s body heat to keep him warm.  Oh, I remember the dogs getting into things they had no business.  Once, my oldest daughter had come to my house to make her chocolate candies she was making to sell.  Hubby and I were in Fla. at the time, so she could spread the candies all out in the kitchen and dining room to set and harden.   Well, it was when we had the extra friendly collie and whan she left, he apparently ate every piece of candy there was, even the bourbon cherry ones she had soaked for a couple of weeks.   Well, you know dogs shouldn't have chocolate.  Ummm-hmmm, he got sick all over the living room and dining room carpets.  Glad I wasn't here.  My daughter and her brother, who owned the dog,  spent 2 days cleaning up the mess and shampooing the carpets.   Ginny

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,106
Points 109,560
chocake2 replied on Sun, Dec 9 2012 3:36 PM | Locked

Gosh Ginny...Those were expensive chocolates! At least the kids cleaned up the mess before you got home!

My older kids have taken over the kitchen to make cookies today. I'm content to stay out ot hteir way, entertain their baby brother, and eat samples of thier efforts. MMmmmm "Think I'm getting the better end of the deal. ;)

I made little-bitty gift bags to match the 2 holiday thimbles I made  last month (Blue snowflakes on white, and red poinsettias on green) and have them ready to send off to my aunty on the east coast and my quilty buddy west of here. They've both been wonderful about offering me encouragement over the years. I wish my glass shaping efforts were better,  but they are what they are. I'm afraid I can't offer them anything better this year. The budget is stretched too thin as it is. At least the packages are cute...

Sprout just presented me with a diaper of epic proportions. He got into the matrix bucket while i was restoring a fossil on Friday. Apparently he managed to eat a few rocks before I caught up with him. *sigh* I know it won't hurt him, but I still wish this had been avoided. I guess if he grows up to be a paleontologist, we'll know why. It was his diet... 

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sun, Dec 9 2012 4:32 PM | Locked

chocake2:
I have a feeling that the carpet I cleaned yesterday is in for another doggy derailment.

Apparently this is the time of year for dogs to eat all sorts of strange things!  We awoke the other morning to our dog "barfing" (that is correct, not barking) inside of our back door.  Along with a lot of stomach juices were two hard round nuggets, about the size of quarters.  They were yellowish and our first thought was bone fragments.  As we live in an area with lots of mule deer, periodically road-kill makes its way onto our property. It is next to impossible to keep a dog away from a deer carcus.   We did know there was a fresh carcus nearby, but this didn't really look quite right for bone as it was so round and solid with no sharp edges.  So, we took it to the vet...and guess what:  it was a bladder stone!  Not from our dog, but from that deer!!!  YUK!  Apparently, since we have lots of little alkaline ponds around here, the deer develop bladder stones fairly regularly (never knew that before) and apparently our beloved family pet was helping herself to the contents of the deer's bladder...again YUK!  For all of you who kiss your dogs, you might want to think that after reading this story...LOL!  Believe me, I do not like kisses from this dog...thank you very much! 

Winthrop, WA

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,670
Points 37,665
ls2116 replied on Sun, Dec 9 2012 4:53 PM | Locked

I hope your Dog is doing better.

Quilting My Rainbow

Not Ranked
Posts 12
Points 375
snpyrunner replied on Sun, Dec 9 2012 4:58 PM | Locked

Thank you to everyone for the wonderful ideas and resources.  I will certainly check out potholders and thanks for letting me know about your batting secrets!  I have plenty of regular batting, I never considered doubling it!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,253
Points 239,992
Thea replied on Sun, Dec 9 2012 5:04 PM | Locked

Nancy - do you have this kind of snow where you are today?

My Grandkids playing in their yard - this snow fell since yesterday!  This is where I am moving to - Appleton, MN... teehee... not showing DH... We are heading up their the end of the month - DH got 3 days off of work for the New Year's so we are going to take off on Saturday - drive halfway - get a hotel and then go on in to Appleton the next morning - I wish Barbara's was halfway... :( - I want to drive at least to Souix City Iowa - then we just have a little over 3 hours on Sunday... we will be there for 2 days and head back on New Years Day - DH has the 2nd off too but I would rather be safe and go slow then have to rush to get home so that he could get to work.

The cat got out too so Echo rescued her...

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Sun, Dec 9 2012 5:35 PM | Locked

We went to church this morning and just got back a bit ago, went to lunch after and then a bit of shopping. I got some fabric to finish my MQ but not sure I will have time, I have so much to do to get ready for Christmas.

Hubby is putting up a new porch light and hanging a few Christmas lights for the kids. They wanted lights at home but their Mom had to tell them that the lights needed to be packed up to move to Idaho.

I hope the rest of everyone's day is relaxing and you are able to accomplish what you need to get done. I seem to get in to such a tither that I don't feel like I accomplish anything, but at least we made it to Church and that is always a great way to start the day. (((HUGS))) ALL!

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,351
Points 46,480
Angele replied on Sun, Dec 9 2012 6:39 PM | Locked

Agnes, my alone time is first thing in the morning. I always feel that if I take time to be thankful for the day to come and what will come my way, I can deal with it all.  I hand it over to God.  Then I take a few minutes to call my Mom on the east coast and then I can get ready for work. Since I changed school, going from the secondary to elementary, I think I have learned quite a bit about myself, and how I deal with new things in my life.  I phone my mom because I know she is losing her abilities and her personality is changing.  I worry, but I know my brother and my sister do the best to make sure my parents are well taken care of in their home for as long as they can.  I just wish I could do more!  This Thursday, my father will be 97 years old.  He's had an amazing life so far. He is my hero!  My mom is 89.5 and is at a stage in her life where I'm not sure she can stay home for many more years.  Her personality changed and not for the better.  She forgets and then thinks we are going behind her back.  She would rather believe strangers than her own family.  This is hurtful.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,351
Points 46,480
Angele replied on Sun, Dec 9 2012 6:51 PM | Locked

I went to church yesterday, and it made me feel soooo good today, I went back to hear the joint choir in the best Christmas cantata I have ever heard.  It made me feel great.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,351
Points 46,480
Angele replied on Sun, Dec 9 2012 6:53 PM | Locked

Thea, we finally had snow here too!  Not as much but it is great!

Angèle  from NWO

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 6,195
nantenn replied on Sun, Dec 9 2012 6:55 PM | Locked

We just got back from a Christmas concert at a large Baptist church here. It was fantastic and so professional. Took grands and their mom. Son was working. I had ot iced it advertised in our Sunday paper. Kids loved it. Then I took. Them to Denny's for supper. Kids were good with no bickering. They are going to other family in Pulaski, VA for Christmas and I am going to Sukochi's. I have never gone to anywhere but family for Christmas so I am quite excited. Pet sitter will come for the dogs. 

I, too won $10 gift cert from bunny hop. At least this store has some lower priced items. In

the past I found i spent a lot for my gift cert. 

since I will be leaving dec 31 st decided no tree and fuss this year plus kids will be gone. Not many gifts, son is going to Home Depot to pick out a fire pit he wants for the yard. Maddie is getting Hawaiian trip. And Aaron is getting a laptop I have, works great, jut lightly used. Daughter in FL got a quilt and her boys got a Variety of gift cards. 

Family is really pretty small now. Maddie and I include all of ou and yours in our nightly prayers .

Nan

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,002
Points 13,060
Caryl Anne replied on Sun, Dec 9 2012 6:56 PM | Locked

Had a nice surprise email Sat. from WY a new customer who found my item in search on Etsy, my shop was closed in May; I could not keep up with other orders. My contact information is still active so with one more email and a phone call out northwest, I have an order. It is all I did today & they are ready. Mailing Monday arriving Friday 12-14-12, I love making these turban hair wraps.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,848
Points 85,805
Sukochi replied on Sun, Dec 9 2012 8:26 PM | Locked

Carylanne, The Turban's are quite beautiful.

Nan, don't get too excited. We don't do much around here. HA! Tonight we went to be a 7:15. Read for a long time, then I remembered I was expecting an email from a BFF in Nevada so grabbed the computer.

Looks like everyone had a great experience at Church today. Praise God!. I love going to Church. It is like a family reunion every Sunday. We all love each other so much. There is not one stranger in our Church. If it is the first time they have come, they are a friend before they go home. Ron says if you come to Church three times you are considered a member. Adn, he is not kidding. After the service this a.m. I was on my hands and kness in "our" row picking up the crayons that Sam had left all over the floor. He is the Pastor's grandson and we all look after him.

Better turn this blasted machine off and go to sleep now. Y'all have a good rest. Tomorrow wil be here before we know it.

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sun, Dec 9 2012 9:08 PM | Locked

Thea:

Nancy - do you have this kind of snow where you are today?

Yes, indeed!  About 8 inches. Since it didn't stop until nearly dark, we decided to wait until tomorrow to start the driveway/walkway cleanup knowing full well that the day after a snowstorm is often bitterly cold.  It sure looks prettier outside now than during the previous 2 months of a gray landscape.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Page 269 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 267 268 269 270 271 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use