Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 268 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 266 267 268 269 270 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,503
Points 50,705
Ginny replied on Sun, Dec 9 2012 8:12 AM | Locked

Vivian,  Thank You for giving us the privilege to be there to help you through all of this.   You can always come here to vent if you need to or to let us have a shoulder you can cry on.      Ginny

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,656
Points 37,385
ls2116 replied on Sun, Dec 9 2012 8:29 AM | Locked

Just wanted to show my new addition to home.  Rocker found at second hand store I got it for 15$ and my big table with my mq7 still in progress.  I am so excited about this rocker it is the  piece that completes the overall look I've been striving to achieve.

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sun, Dec 9 2012 8:34 AM | Locked

IS , very nice ,I love shopping at used stores ,you can find some of the neatest stuff.  that is where I found my fabulous sewing cabinet. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,503
Points 50,705
Ginny replied on Sun, Dec 9 2012 8:42 AM | Locked

Love the way your MQ7 looks on the table,  IS.   That rocker is a great find for the price.   Ginny

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,656
Points 37,385
ls2116 replied on Sun, Dec 9 2012 8:43 AM | Locked

Today visiting inlaws then cookin and sewing if i'm not to tuckered out.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,251
Points 28,340
Agnes replied on Sun, Dec 9 2012 8:47 AM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:
it is a ZOO. No wionder I can't concentrate.

Enjoy your studies. Glad you discovered your perfect study solution. Early in my marriage I realized that I needed alone time. Before children it wasn't hard to find as circumstances dictated that I couldn't take a job. After children I would steal some "alone" time at the end of the day after everyone was in bed. Hubby's alone time was in the morning upon rising. 

Agnes in NW Ontario

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,242
Points 239,772
Thea replied on Sun, Dec 9 2012 9:12 AM | Locked

MNnancy:
That's a comforting thought, Patti, but I have to say that I don't picture heaven with skin tones at all.  Having left our earthly bodies behind, I see us all as whispy spirits.  What do others think?

Nancy, I believe that we have heavenly bodies much like the bodies we have today but that they are perfected.  No more pain or problems.  We are reunited with all ancestors that have passed before us.  They are there building the mansion we are going to live in and readying our rooms.  I am not impatient to join them but I have no fear of it either - when I have accomplished what I was sent here to do then I will join them and be singing in that heavenly choir and readying rooms for others to join me in my mansion.  Heaven is a beautiful wonderful place.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,242
Points 239,772
Thea replied on Sun, Dec 9 2012 9:16 AM | Locked

I have been up for about 4 hours now getting my body ready to walk out the door and walk the short walk to my church.  I am not sure if I will make it through the full service today though as I am not doing or feeling good at all.  This morning my body hates me and is causing me much stress... shame on it - it really needs to behave... But I am wearing my new cupcake shirt from Quacker Factory with sweet treats for Christmas on it - it is making me smile... I am also wearing my sneakers that look like Mary Janes cuz I can't get my church shoes on my swollen feet... argh!!! I am going to sweep the devil out of my house again today - somehow he snuck in and I am tired of him being here - so getting the broom out and he will be gone.  

I ask a blessing for all my QCA friends today that the Lord envelope each and every one of them in his sweet strong arms and take away the stress each is feeling for a little while today - let them feel the warmth of his prescience in their lives.  Let all troubles be reduced and pains disappear.  Let his will be done!  Amen

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020
MelodyP MO/KS replied on Sun, Dec 9 2012 9:19 AM | Locked
Vivian, I know many have said you are in our prayers and they are correct, many more prayers from people you will never know are praying for at this very minute. I have walked in your shoes and it is the worst feeling in the world, but you do survive. I hope for you, just 5 minutes of peace today, 10 tomorrow, more the next day until that sun reaches you and shines once more. In the mean time we are allllllllllll here for you!!!!!!!!!! With love Melody

MelodyP

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,265
Points 173,178
Marie replied on Sun, Dec 9 2012 9:50 AM | Locked

IS love the rocker and table, glad you found exactly what you wanted.

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,106
Points 109,545
chocake2 replied on Sun, Dec 9 2012 9:53 AM | Locked

I'm right here, creaking and aching , along side of you,Thea. I spent another night sitting up  in the reclyner with my fussy child. I finaly caved to his demands around 2:30AM and put him in bed with his Daddy and I. After that he slept like a dream, but somehow,I never really relax when he's tucked up between us. I always wake up with a sore back, stiff shoulders and my hips screaming in protest. The easy chair does a number on neck muscles. But...My toes don't hurt! LOL  I'll get all those  kinks worked out soon and feel better.

I got a friend a really cute bird feeder for Christmas. It's suet cake molded to look like a holiday wreath. She loves her feathered friends so it was the perfect gift. Yes.. was. Jenni ate it. And the wrapping paper. And the ribbon. And the packaging...  I have a feeling that the carpet I cleaned yesterday is in for another doggy derailment.

The thermometer says it's -6 with a wind chill of -14 this morning. We have pretty frost paintings on the window. The fire feels pretty darn good on mornigns like this.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sun, Dec 9 2012 10:18 AM | Locked

I can honestly say for once I woke up fairly pain free, My knees ache but not like they normally do .Sorry  Thea and CC fo hear of you r hurting.  CC that is just to darn cold even for me and I do better in cold . Just keep it your way . Hope Sprout has a better day ..

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,242
Points 239,772
Thea replied on Sun, Dec 9 2012 11:22 AM | Locked

I swept the devil out and got ready and went to church... and oh my... the Lord wanted me there today - so many good speakers... one little boy got up - he was about 11 years old I think and he talked about the gift of giving and about how the recipient should be grateful for the gift given.  He told a story about a little girl who was given a jewelry making kit and how her Dad told her it would be nice of her to make something for someone - so she thought about it and got her kit out and made a bracelet - she thought about each bead as she put them on the string - many good little thoughts - she finished it and although it wasn't the greatest little bracelet it was made from love.  She took it and was giving it to her Aunt and the Aunt opened the box - looked at the bracelet - dropped it back in the box and went back to talking to her friends.   The little girl was devastated that her gift had not been received warmly.  So we should remember that no matter the gift we should thank the giver - they have taken of their time to give to us.  It always amazes me the lessons we learn from children.  His Father was our next speaker from the High Council and he spoke brilliantly - his message was clear and I jotted down notes to think about this coming week.  

I made it through the whole service which amazed me as it was so difficult to put my coat on and get out the door to go - the walk there in the cold was excruciatingly painful but to see friends and wonderful people and to feel the Lord's prescience was wonderful.  I love it when my week starts with Sunday church.  I had listened to Joel Osteen's message on the TV today and then to have the wonderful message that we had at church today - what a wonderful day today is going to be... Devil beware!

Now to find out what football game is going to be shown in my area and get ready for football - dinner is a roast and I put it in the oven a little while ago to cook slowly all day - so I can rest the rest of the day.  

Good Sunday to all!  Warm quilty hugz from a very chilly Oklahoma...

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Sun, Dec 9 2012 11:52 AM | Locked

CC, you might want to contact your Vet. A dog can't get all that through it's intestines. And, it could cause strangulation of the intestines, I would think.

Church was great as always. Our songbird, who is the primary singer in our Priase band, had gone to NYC with a BFF and told us about it. She is such a story teller. What fun that was to hear.

Hope y'all have a wonderful afternoon. It is grey and chilly here today.

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,265
Points 173,178
Marie replied on Sun, Dec 9 2012 12:47 PM | Locked

Marie:

IS love the rocker and table, glad you found exactly what you wanted.

That should've read "tablecloth", MQ7.

Millbury, MA

Page 268 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 266 267 268 269 270 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use