Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 267 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 265 266 267 268 269 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,105
Points 109,540
chocake2 replied on Sat, Dec 8 2012 2:05 PM | Locked

Thea:

Cc it only has 5 bedrooms - wouldn't work for us...teehee

AND the guest house!

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,604
Spudgrandma replied on Sat, Dec 8 2012 2:11 PM | Locked

chocake2:
 AND the guest house!

Wouldn't that be a great place to have a retreat? What a beautiful setting.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,469
Points 50,055
Ginny replied on Sat, Dec 8 2012 4:30 PM | Locked

Spud, the prayers are continuing for you and your family.  I can see that you are going to do everything possible to help your family recover.  May blessings come to you and yours.     Ginny

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,179
Points 15,780
Susan replied on Sat, Dec 8 2012 5:57 PM | Locked

Spud, So sorry for your DD and especially the boys. Its heartbreaking enough but  at this time of year its even worse, for all of them. You are a wonderful Mother and Grandmother  and I know your hurting for  them. Take care of yourself, too. I will keep you all in my prayers. Let your DD know we are praying for her and her boys.  Hugs, Susan

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,604
Spudgrandma replied on Sat, Dec 8 2012 6:06 PM | Locked

Thank you ginny and Susan for your prayers, they are so appreciated. I'm not sure if the boys totally understand that they are moving here and are never going back to the only home they have ever known. I sure hope my daughter is able to find a teaching job, but God will provide.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,201
Points 239,087
Thea replied on Sat, Dec 8 2012 6:15 PM | Locked

Spud, this is a bad time of year for families to break apart - but it seems like the time of year when it happens - as your family was already on my prayer list I will just lift them up to be surrounded by the Lord's warm arms to take them through this season with minimal discomfort and to take their pain away until they are strong enough to handle it.  Time and distance will heal this wound.  It is really sad when a family breaks apart and there are kids involved.  

I was so happy when my son and daughter in law found their way back together - so it does happen and they can be happy as my kids surely are.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,776
Points 247,884
Barbara replied on Sat, Dec 8 2012 6:17 PM | Locked

Spud I guess somehow I missed about your DD. I will keep them in my prayers. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,253
Points 173,013
Marie replied on Sat, Dec 8 2012 6:47 PM | Locked

Vivian, so sorry for your troubles, my thoughts and prayers are with you.  (((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,253
Points 173,013
Marie replied on Sat, Dec 8 2012 6:49 PM | Locked

Spud, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.  God Bless. (((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 43,630
Vivian replied on Sat, Dec 8 2012 8:19 PM | Locked

Thanks for all the virtual hugs and wishes.  I am reading an excellent book about emotional healing and really finding it relevent.  But above all, good friends help getcha through.  Thanks all.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 43,630
Vivian replied on Sat, Dec 8 2012 8:26 PM | Locked

I checked out the lake house,  maybe my settlement will cover part of it.  I could rent out rooms as a B&B to cover the rest!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Sat, Dec 8 2012 9:42 PM | Locked

Took a long time to catch up.  Vivian, so sorry you are going through this.  Spud, what a difficult time for your family.  Kelli, if it wasn't for people who stand up for what is right, things wouldn't change for the better.  

Nana, glad you are mending.  Thea, you are always in my prayers.  Sukochi, congratulations on your  progress, and taking on a Kay Arthur study.  It is a challenge, but all so valuable.  I need to get back to studying my Bible again.  j

I went to my cousin's funeral today.  I had not seen many of that family for a few years.  Most of them live within a few blocks of where they grew up, but have traveled the world many times over.  I am proud of my mulit-racial family, being around them makes me think of heaven, where every color will be just a different shade of beautiful.  

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Sat, Dec 8 2012 9:50 PM | Locked

Patti:
being around them makes me think of heaven, where every color will be just a different shade of beautiful.  

That's a comforting thought, Patti, but I have to say that I don't picture heaven with skin tones at all.  Having left our earthly bodies behind, I see us all as whispy spirits.  What do others think?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,776
Points 247,884
Barbara replied on Sat, Dec 8 2012 10:23 PM | Locked

Nancy I like it , I sorta have the same ideas, Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,843
Points 85,675
Sukochi replied on Sun, Dec 9 2012 7:00 AM | Locked

I got so frustrated while trying to get my Bible study done. And, now I know why. I work on it in the kitchen which is open to the living room. Jim is in there watching TV, with it blaring, the dog is barking, the cats are jumping on furniture, it is a ZOO. No wionder I can't concentrate. So, now I get up early (as Jim sleeps til 8:30) and it is quiet and I can concentrate! Thank you, God for showing me this bit of solitude in the storm we call a life.

I don't know what to think of the colors in Heaven. We have talked of heaven, in our Bible Study. I wonder if it is true that we will be reuninted with those who have gone before, and think I may have found the answer in the Bible. Deuteronomy 31:16 The Lord said to Moses, "You are about to die and join your ancestors.....". At least that is how I interpert it. This is part of our sermon, today. Will have to see what Ron says..

Well, if I want to know, better get in gear and get ready to go. Next week is the church dinner. Oh, we have some of the best cooks in our church. I will take surgared pecans (a request of a member) and a Layered BLT salad.

Have a blessed morning.

Sukochi

Page 267 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 265 266 267 268 269 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use