Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 266 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 264 265 266 267 268 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Sat, Dec 8 2012 12:15 PM | Locked

Vivian, there is really nothing anyone can say. Just know that we are here and we care about you... (((HUGS))) (((HUGS))) (((HUGS)))

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,188
Points 15,900
Susan replied on Sat, Dec 8 2012 12:17 PM | Locked

Thea, As hard as it has been for some of us, I know the Lord put us in those situations with those parents and siblings. We would not be the women we are today, being used by the Lord to do his will. It was very hard for me to see all this back then, However, I use my past to help others and hopefully they have a easier time than I did.  Praise the Lord !     Im so glad you chose forgiveness and not to be like your Mother. It takes strength of character, of which you have much.    Hugs, Susan

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,106
Points 109,560
chocake2 replied on Sat, Dec 8 2012 12:48 PM | Locked

Vivian, you are in my prayers. ((Hugs))

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,106
Points 109,560
chocake2 replied on Sat, Dec 8 2012 12:49 PM | Locked

Hey Ever'body, lets pool our pennies and buy this place for a retreat! http://www.businessinsider.com/shelter-island-montana-estate-for-78-million-photos-2012-6?op=1#ixzz23YnAxc88

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,250
Points 239,932
Thea replied on Sat, Dec 8 2012 12:54 PM | Locked

Cc it only has 5 bedrooms - wouldn't work for us...teehee

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Sat, Dec 8 2012 12:54 PM | Locked

Woke up to a skiff of snow and it is windy and cold. My hubby works 40 miles from here, he said on one side of the river there was nothing and on the other side they had 3" of snow, it is like a couple of miles apart. :)

I got  one more label made yesterday, I had two but did not like the way the second one looked so I picked it out and I'm gong to redo it today and, hopefully, get the other two finished.

Hubby is coming home early to try and hang lights for my daughter's boys. This is going to be a difficult Christmas for them and her.  It is so sad when a family is torn apart, my poor daughter had no idea, she was completely blindsided.  We are going to do our best to make this the best Christmas ever for her and the boys. We would love your prayers.

• | Post Points: 110
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Sat, Dec 8 2012 1:06 PM | Locked

Spud, you know, without asking, that ours prayers are there.  So good of you and DH to bring a special Christmas to them. You are both wonderful, caring people.

CC, there is enough places for the guys to play, that's for sure. But, I do think that breakfast room (only seats four) is not nearly big enough. However, if you would like to buy it, we could take turns. Thanks, CC and a very Merry Christmas to you, too. What did I just say? It is all about love....and CC really, really loves US!

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Sat, Dec 8 2012 1:11 PM | Locked

Vivian :
My husband of 37 years and I have decided to call it quits so I am getting a diviorce for christmas.

Vivian, I can only imagine how difficult this must be.  My thoughts are with you.  I hope you can get through this with your beautiful smile and fun spirit intact.  Looking forward to seeing you again at a future retreat so we can hug in person, but until then, here's a virtual <<<<hug>>>>.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,680
Points 65,855
Bonita replied on Sat, Dec 8 2012 1:13 PM | Locked

Vivian, so sorry for loss you're feeling right now, as someone who's been there. let me just say that as time goes by it get gets a lot easier. If your kids are all grown let them help you, lean a little on them for the support that you need right now. A time will come when you can move on and be happy again.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,680
Points 65,855
Bonita replied on Sat, Dec 8 2012 1:27 PM | Locked

Spudgrandma, T&P going up for you and your family. Your DD is blessed to have you and DH for much needed support. Have a Merry Christmas.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 203
Points 4,430

Vivian - I am so sorry to hear.  Here I sit, single at 32, never married, not dating (talking to a guy, but, really, who knows if that will even last the next 12 hours, let alone until tomorrow!), and I so badly want to get married, and yet I have been seeing trouble in marriages all around me (in my family as well).  It makes me think that I just might be crazier than I thought.  Regardless, you are in my prayers.  Even if it is mutual, it isn't going to be easy, and 37 years is a lot of time to invest in someone.

CC - You are FAR too kind!!  The four seater breakfast room would be perfect for a room filled with ironing tables and irons!  We could fit at least 6 of us in there!!  LOL - I have a friend that we have made a pact.  If either of us come into a descent chunk of money, we will buy a ranch, build a few extra houses - nothing extravagant - and we would each have a house and the rest of the houses would be for abused women and their children.  They could recover and regain their lives while working with animals and farming.  I would have a studio where I would sew and quilt and teach.  Oh that God had that in mind for me.

Spud - Will definitely keep you and your family in our prayers.  My sister and brother in law divorced this year - the divorce was final a week after their 17 year anniversary.  She is off living with her girlfriend in Missouri while he is here in Texas raising their two daughters.  One of the quilts (the mustache quilt) is being made for the oldest who has heard her mother tell other people that she (the oldest niece) was a mistake.  :(  How my heart breaks.  There's a lot of hurt that is going to need to be healed, and as much as I want to do it, I know that only God is able to enact the kind of healing that is everlasting.

Barbara - Glad you are feeling better after a couple of days off.  I am so sorry for your loss.  I know that any quilting you do from here on out will be filled with much love as you think back on your mom and her life and those she impacted with her love.  
Kelli - You go girl!!!  Those men who were there should have punched him in the mouth.  I would be shocked and personally offended if you were fired for standing up to someone so small minded.  Kudos to you love!
Sukochi - I think your gift of the pasta/pasta sauce/flavored oil is perfect!
Okay and now for me - Today I cut panels for a jersey quilt for a woman who is picky as hell.  We took pictures of the layout, but she left to gaping holes.  Um, can't finish it if I don't know what to put there.  She said she doesn't want sashing, but in the picture she provided, there is sashing...sigh.  This will be the last quilt I do for her.  I'm not in such need of money that I HAVE to take every project thrown at me.  For that I am grateful.  I was planning on using the money to take my son to Great Wolf Lodge for his birthday (12 days after Christmas - lucky me), but funds are just not there...at all...  :(((  I told him he may have to wait until later in January and possibly February...God is in control and He has timing that I don't know about.  
So after the jersey quilt, I have two 5 yard curtain panels to get done.  All this has to be done by Wednesday.  It will happen.  But I do have to go to a roller derby match this afternoon (my nieces are in derby, so I do my best to be there and support them as often as time and budget allows).
Praying for all of you lovely ladies.  I know I'm still new here, but you each have a special quilty place in my heart.
Hugs, prayers and love to all.
Brandy

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Sat, Dec 8 2012 1:36 PM | Locked

Thank you Suckohi and Bonita, I know we will be fine it is just hard to watch your kids and grandkids when they are in pain. We never stop being Moms do we? 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Sat, Dec 8 2012 1:38 PM | Locked

Well, they're predicting 7-9 inches of snow tonight, so if it holds true, this might be the start to an actual winter this year.  I hope I can get out of the drive without a problem in the morning because I have to be at church to sign up volunteers for our next "sheltering the homeless" week coming up the first part of January.  As coordinator of this project, there's so much work to be done in preparation, so I may not get much quilting time for a while.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,426
Points 40,395
Mimi replied on Sat, Dec 8 2012 1:39 PM | Locked

Spudgrandma:
We would love your prayers.

You've been added to the list, dear.  Marriage problems are so difficult know  how to deal with, especially when they are your grown children's.  I'll bet your daughter is so glad to have a mother who loves her unconditionally.  Blessings on you and yours, today and for the holiday season.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Sat, Dec 8 2012 2:01 PM | Locked

Brandy:
Spud - Will definitely keep you and your family in our prayers.

Thank you Brandy and Mimi, there is nothing like the power of prayer!

Page 266 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 264 265 266 267 268 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use