Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 264 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 262 263 264 265 266 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Fri, Dec 7 2012 1:31 PM | Locked

Kelli:
Okay, I apologize in advance.

You don't need to apologize, we are all friends here... (((HUGS))) (((HUGS))) (((HUGS)))

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Fri, Dec 7 2012 2:28 PM | Locked

Dawn:
I have been cleaning and picking up this house for most of the morning. 

I've been doing that for a week, I cannot believe how quickly I run out of gas. I am running out of time though, so I may have to kick it up a notch.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Fri, Dec 7 2012 2:35 PM | Locked

Y'all thanks for the Kudoos for the weight lose. But, I haven't DONE anything. I just still am not eating enough to keep a bird alive. I tried to eat a couple marshmallows yesterday. well, they did not go down up just past where I could not get them out. they hung in there for hours. Guess that is another thing off my eating list.

However, I have started walking. I would like to firm up a bit. And, will start my chair sit ups again.

We paid off the rest of my hospital bills from the surgery today. YAY! That sure feels good. 

It is time for some new clothes. I am looking like a waif in my big ole clothes. Will have to wait till next Weds. for payday. We broke now!!

Sukochi

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,005
Points 25,020
MelodyP MO/KS replied on Fri, Dec 7 2012 3:26 PM | Locked
Kelli, you are a much better person than that sad piece of humanity He is missing out on a lot of wonderful people because he can not see past the color of their skin. Those kinds are the cancer of society and do not deserve the attention the get. You are so thoughtful and sweet and so easy to get along with. I am glad you felt batter after you worked through it. Hang in there! Mel

MelodyP

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Fri, Dec 7 2012 7:17 PM | Locked

Marie:

OK CC, I'll bite, what are Hot-dog gift bags?

I just took Marge's tutorial for hot-dog Pillow cases and use the technigue to make gift bags. If I feel ambitious, I run a piece of ribbon through the piping strip to tie them, otherwise I just stitch it into the seam.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Fri, Dec 7 2012 7:32 PM | Locked

Spudgrandma:

Nana:
DH and I went out to eat last night.  It is the first time I have been out of the house since surgery.  I was really getting cabin fever.

Nana,  It does feel good when you can finally get out and the fact that you are feeling like getting out means you are on the road to recovery. Have fun on your upcoming outings and I learned the hard way to let my hubby help me and to sit when I needed to sit and sometimes all I could do was just sit there and listen to everyone's conversations and enjoy what was going on around me, but that is okay too.

When DH was recovering from his hospital stay, he just withered up and struggled every day to improve. He was couch bound for 2 weeks before he could shuffle around a little bit. Trips  of 15 ft to the restroom left him exhausted for 2 hours...  One sunny day he begged me to take him out  for a drive. I figured it would kill him for sure, but consented to take him along to the store when I ran errands. We bundled him up in his bathrobe and blankets and had a devil of a time getting him to the car... then it was off to the store, a whole half ml away, with a pit stop at the PO. I ran in and bought the milk while he people watched. (Live people. Not TV people!) I took a different route home. You know it was amazing the difference that little outing made in him!! Within the day his color was back and he was sitting up straighter, eating more and had a spark that had been missing. After that we made it a point ot go for a little ride every morning, Going a little further each day. He was doing the driving in 10 days and back to work in 3 weeks. So much for thinking I was doing him a favor by helping him convolese at home...

So Nana...Enjoy that graduation. Welcome back to the land of the living!!!!!!!!

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Fri, Dec 7 2012 7:55 PM | Locked

I am here to tell you that Kay Arthur makes me dizzy. She requires you to use markers to make symbols of words. The smell of the markers has just made me sick and dizzy. I think I will just read the Book and leave off the symbols.

So, glad my SS gift arrived. I was worried.

By the end ot tomorrow, I hope to have all my QCA (group) committents filled for this year.  Then, I will give it a rest till after Christmas, I think. I still have a post card due next week so will get that done also.

Going to bed. Have a great night.

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Fri, Dec 7 2012 8:34 PM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:
I am here to tell you that Kay Arthur makes me dizzy. She requires you to use markers to make symbols of words. The smell of the markers has just made me sick and dizzy. I think I will just read the Book and leave off the symbols.

Sukochi, the marking does make it easier to see things and to follow patterns. I used these:  

Binney & Smith 687409 Twistables Colored Pencils bin687409

They do not smell at all and don't dry out and they are cheap.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,749
Points 38,840
ls2116 replied on Fri, Dec 7 2012 11:19 PM | Locked

Taking break from sewing this evening .  I'll be back at it tomorrow.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,499
Points 48,025
Frances replied on Sat, Dec 8 2012 12:25 AM | Locked

Hi All,

Well since i havent been on much thought id better put something on, Chrissy presents are all brought (i think) still need to make all my christmas cards (way way way behind this year) still need to wrap the presents and still need to post some too.

I need to marzipan the christmas cakes this weekend and i think we might be getting our Christmas tree this weekend as well.

Planning a couple of quilts one is to make a EPP quilt out of some of my mums clothes (i suppose you would call it a memory quilt) and for next year doing a applique quilt using the words for "the hawaiian 12 days of christmas" i thought that might be a bit different with mele kelikimaka round the border and using batiks to give it a warm more tropical feel What do you think?

Kelli,

Well done no one should have to deal with that crap, my mum used to tell me if you cant say something nice dont say anything at all (i try really i do)

I used to work in retail in a shop selling books a lady came in to collect a book i eventually found it but she said she was served by a young coloured girl, i said no thats not possible we dont have a young coloured girl working here, she was sure thats who served her i was certain that wasnt possible after she left one of the other girls came back from lunch i looked at her and realised (she was a young coloured girl) i never even saw her colour i never had really noticed i saw that she was bright cheerful smart and a great sense of humour, when i told her she thought it was a so funny, so kelli not everyone notices the things that dont really matter.

lots of love

Francesxx

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,484
Points 43,625
Vivian replied on Sat, Dec 8 2012 5:28 AM | Locked

Frances that is an amazing story and exactly what life should be like.  Notice the plusses and ignore the minuses. Color being a non-issue. 

I have been having a hard time adjusting to life in my house.  My husband of 37 years and I have decided to call it quits so I am getting a diviorce for christmas.  Although it was mutual, I am devastated and having a very difficult time with the whole thing. Eventualy I will sleep the night, eat a meal and not think of him or me or us every two minutes but for now, it is a hour by hour endurance run.  Sorry to be a downer at Christmas but I have a lot of friends out there and a lot more here and they have been a comfort to me.

• | Post Points: 170
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sat, Dec 8 2012 6:33 AM | Locked

Vivian. I know your heart is broken right now ,but try to look at this as a new beginning. Now you can be your own person and not have to answer to anyone but yourself.  You can do what you want when you want and you are free . I think once you get over the initial shock you will see it's a new adventure and You are gonna make the very best of it.  I know it will be a hard adjustment ,but you have friends here to help you out.  Use us. Stay with your quilting, it is wonderful therapy  and don't loose contact with us . Keep your head up ,smile  and say to yourself every hour . I AM A Better Person and I will Succeed.  Barbara   (((((((((((SUPER BIG HUGS))))))))

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,403
Points 47,130
Angele replied on Sat, Dec 8 2012 7:19 AM | Locked

Oh Brandy thank you!  This poem made me smile, laughs end a bit nostalgic...lol.  I wish Santa would bring no pain and much energy.  

Merry Vhristmas to you too!

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,403
Points 47,130
Angele replied on Sat, Dec 8 2012 7:38 AM | Locked

Is, I hope things will go better for DH family in 2013. I will also keep them in my prayers

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,541
Points 51,230
Ginny replied on Sat, Dec 8 2012 7:39 AM | Locked

Vivian,  I am so very sorry that your marriage has come to this.  I know the feeling only too well.  I was married for 33 years when my husband came out with that statement.  The problem was that I was bedridden  at the time after a bad fall, and couldn't get out of bed without help.  I remember laying there thinking-  Marriage is supposed to be for better or worse and to be a helpmate to your spouse in the bad times, but here he is saying he doesn't want to do that, so there is no real reason to stay married after I have busted my backside helping him meet his goals in life and always being his cheerleader.   It was a tough time but when I was able to go back to work after 4 1/2 months I never looked back  and did so much better without him.   I am fairly friendly with him now and he has told me that it was the worst decision he had ever made (and he has made some doozies since then) .   It will get a lot better, but I know how tough it is right now.  You are in my prayers for having to go through this.   Just know that we love you here.  Come for support any time.  ((((HUGS))))     Ginny

Page 264 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 262 263 264 265 266 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use