Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 263 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 261 262 263 264 265 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,151
Points 14,955
Dawn replied on Fri, Dec 7 2012 10:30 AM | Locked

Kelli,  you had every right to speak up.  More of the world needs to.  Sorry you had to deal w/that.  Maybe that farmer who apologized will be able to stand up for someone else next time he sees such stuff.

I have been cleaning and picking up this house for most of the morning.  Finally bought more lights for the banister, so that is all decorated.  I have done the dishes twice now, I have winter dishes I bring out and had to get them all washed.  The laundry is done and the kitchen counters are cleaned, as are the bathrooms.  There is still so much construction junk laying around and I dare not put any of it any where, as when DH wants it, I probably won't remember where I put it!  :-)  Need to get the DGD's room cleaned as well as the DGS's room. Haven't wrapped one present yet!  I think I hate doing that the most.  May go to the $ store and get gift bags!  Oh well, I just need to get moving again!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 247,949
Barbara replied on Fri, Dec 7 2012 10:32 AM | Locked

Kelli, I 'm glad you stood up for yourself. People like that are not really people in my opinion. He should have trades places with the cattle to be weighted. A good prod to his backside would have been good .LOL  

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,805
Sukochi replied on Fri, Dec 7 2012 11:02 AM | Locked

Nana, you go, girl. You can rest later. That is one graduation you just can't miss out on!!

When we first started going to our church, there was an older lady there (HA! Not much older then me), who, we thought, was just so obnoxious.She would make comments throught the sermon "Amen this, Amen that". Just about drove us crazy .Well, in Bible study, we got to know her. There is no one sweeter then she. I am working on her genealogy now. We plan to get together for lunch one day. She is in therapy, now, from her knee surgery so that will be in awhile. We are such good friends now. Don't judge a book my it's cover. It could speak volumn's INSIDE.

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,608
Points 52,050
Ginny replied on Fri, Dec 7 2012 12:39 PM | Locked

Gosh Nana,  is it 2 weeks already?  How fast time flies.  Congrats on getting out yesterday.  Hope everything goes well for you to get to your DD's graduation.   Take care and don't do too much too fast.     Ginny

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,608
Points 52,050
Ginny replied on Fri, Dec 7 2012 12:45 PM | Locked

Kelli,  I have nothing better to say than "You go, Girl."   That guy deserved what you gave him in every way.   Ginny

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,606
Points 178,433
Marie replied on Fri, Dec 7 2012 12:52 PM | Locked

OK CC, I'll bite, what are Hot-dog gift bags?

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,606
Points 178,433
Marie replied on Fri, Dec 7 2012 12:54 PM | Locked

Good for you,Kelli, he deserved what he got and more!

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,606
Points 178,433
Marie replied on Fri, Dec 7 2012 12:59 PM | Locked

Nana, glad you got out last evening and I know you'll be fine for the weekend ahead of you as well.  

You have a right to be proud of your DD going back to school to get her degree, congrats to her and have fun watching her walk across that stage.  (((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,606
Points 178,433
Marie replied on Fri, Dec 7 2012 1:03 PM | Locked

Sukochi, congrats on meeting your first weight goal.  You go girl, all that dieting and walking is paying off for you, keep up the good work.  And send me some of that willpower and determination, I could use some.  (((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,606
Points 178,433
Marie replied on Fri, Dec 7 2012 1:06 PM | Locked

Kelli, I was considering starting WW again.  What's new with them?  I know they have the points program but recently read they were making some changes in the meetings format.  BTW, good luck on the program.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,606
Points 178,433
Marie replied on Fri, Dec 7 2012 1:09 PM | Locked

CC, how sad, he probably missed out on a wonderful relationship.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,608
Points 247,132
Thea replied on Fri, Dec 7 2012 1:13 PM | Locked

Kelli - no you shouldn't have to put up with any form of that and if you lose your job from it - I am indeed sorry but your boss should realize that you don't need customers like that - those are the worst kind - and especially at this time of year - I am sorry - so sorry that people don't get it anymore - and I don't understand why... so many things to blame it on - but mostly the devil - he is rampant and everywhere - I have been sweeping him out of my house so much.  He just gets in and creeps in... 

I am so glad that you stood up to that man and he should totally be ashamed of himself.  My prayers are that your boss realizes what a keeper he has in you!  

It has been a quiet day here - I have a little more energy then yesterday - but I am not over the hump yet - so am taking it easy.  behaving myself - which believe me is tough... A personality vegging in her chair...But I am behaving - that is good right... laughing at my toilet paper...Mom is doing better - it took me laying down the law... nope she didn't like it one bit but I had to do it... it was dragging me down - way down... so I asked her - where do you want to be - here or a nursing home - she said here - so I told her to live in my house there are some new rules... 1) you are going to care about yourself - no more wallowing wishing you were dead 2) you are going to take care of yourself each day - change your clothes - brush your hair - wash yourself 3) the TV is being turned off at night and is going to stay off all night - 

You have no idea how hard this was for me - but I had to do something - the pain in my chest was getting worse - I was not sleeping - worrying constantly about my Mom - that is not my job it is her own job... I can give her a nice place to live but the rest is her's - I needed to let that go...

Baby steps - it has been 4 days now and so far the TV is being turned off each night - the first 2 nights I did it - the next 2 she has done - I hope this continues - and she is softer... she hasn't totally gotten better but it is getting better... and I am getting better.  

I am a relatively happy person and this is so hard for me to have someone so down around me all the time.  I remember how uplifting it was to leave that house when I was 16 - how happy I became - and I invited her back into my home 42 years later - because I had forgotten - because back then I didn't recognize what had happened to me... now I see it - because it has come full circle - but I have realized too that I am not that way - nothing like my Mom - and don't have to be - I can live with her and not have to allow that to bring me down.

It is a work in progress - and it will be baby steps - but I have made promises that if I can't do this that I will have her put in a nursing home and I will not feel guilty about it - these are the choices she is going to make - and my home is a happy home and to live here you have to be happy and not miserable or make anyone in the home miserable - you smile and smile and be happy... 

So baby steps and learning... it is getting better and I am so so grateful to the wonderful friends who have helped me to see this and to understand.  I am grateful to them for knowing too that for now I have to allow Mom to continue to live here but that if she reverts back or tries to emotionally abuse me anymore that I will have her put in that nursing home to live out her days.  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Fri, Dec 7 2012 1:21 PM | Locked

Nana:
DH and I went out to eat last night.  It is the first time I have been out of the house since surgery.  I was really getting cabin fever.

Nana,  It does feel good when you can finally get out and the fact that you are feeling like getting out means you are on the road to recovery. Have fun on your upcoming outings and I learned the hard way to let my hubby help me and to sit when I needed to sit and sometimes all I could do was just sit there and listen to everyone's conversations and enjoy what was going on around me, but that is okay too.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Fri, Dec 7 2012 1:25 PM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:
I am down to my first goal weight! So excited.

That is wonderful and doing it during the holidays is even more impressive.

Enjoy your sewing day!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Fri, Dec 7 2012 1:29 PM | Locked

Barbara:
Kelli, I 'm glad you stood up for yourself.

Kelli, I agree with Barbara - if you don't stand up for you then no one will. I cannot believe those in the room stood there and said nothing, but then maybe they just did not know what to say - I would probably have been in shock and thought of all kinds of things I wished I had said after it was all over :(

Page 263 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 261 262 263 264 265 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use