Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 261 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 259 260 261 262 263 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Thu, Dec 6 2012 7:23 AM | Locked

Is, T & P to the whole family. This is so hard to go through, not to mention at this happy time of the year. Prayers up. Will ask my BIble study to pray as well.

Thea those elves are just so dang cute. You are such a clever Granny!

Announcement! Our precious great nephew will be famous soon. He had the photo shoot with Mud Pie yesterday. He will be in their catalog! Yay to go, Camerone. He is just over 2 year old. And, what a looker. He will surely break some heart in the years ahead.

Off to the couples BIble study this a.m. I will get this!! As a new child of God, this is all a learning experience but the Holy Spirit assures me that I AM teachable.

QUulty day to all.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,561
Points 246,192
Thea replied on Thu, Dec 6 2012 7:26 AM | Locked

ls2116:

Yes SIL with partial mastectomy her husband let go!

Today I answered phone more bad news DH brother was in a bank doing business and he came out to find his car was smashed so bad he couldn't even get in car!  I am so anxiouse for this year to be past tense.  Next year just has to be better.

Went out with DH to eat and I'm underweather now.  Prior I stopped at Joann Fabrics got some fabric to finish mq7 so hopefully I can get it done soon just hav'nt decided how I want to complete borders The tops are already pretty big.

IS - I know what you mean about wanting a year over and the new one to start... Had years like that - I am lifting your whole family up in prayer this morning and have added your name to my prayer list.  Let the Lord embrace you and hold you and yours in his wonderful embrace and help with this time.  

Our Schwann's delivery man came by last night and told us more of his tragic story last night and that when I had told him Thanksgiving day to get a Jesus box that it truly helped him - I gave him my plaque last night about how each day the Lord will take your problems if you give them to him... Take the time this morning and every day and give them over.  Your family has had enough this year... not that any other family hasn't but enough is enough.  

Next year will be better and it starts with tomorrow... Merry Christmas to you and yours.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,561
Points 246,192
Thea replied on Thu, Dec 6 2012 7:28 AM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:
Off to the couples BIble study this a.m. I will get this!! As a new child of God, this is all a learning experience but the Holy Spirit assures me that I AM teachable.

Have a great morning Sukochi - you are starting it out right!  

Not Ranked
Posts 12
Points 375
snpyrunner replied on Thu, Dec 6 2012 8:23 AM | Locked

I am working on finishing up a Christmas gift that has me stumped.   I made a table runner for my step-mom in a basic zig zag quilted pattern out of muted green and brown and a cream (they have a very rustic home). I don't have a lot of the fabric left and since I dug it out from my stash it's sort of old and I can't find it anymore (I am on a SERIOUS budget). I'm contemplating what to make to go with it? I know the obvious answer is place mats, but for some reason it just doesn't jive with my idea of her. I've never seen place mats on her table, just table runners. My first thought was of a cloth basket with some painted pine cones inside, but I can't seem to find a decent free tutorial for making a cloth basket. Maybe another centerpiece idea that still utilizes some of the fabric in some way? I can also paint (tole paint, realistic paintings, etc). I can pretty much do anything (I am a schooled artist) accept for knitting and crocheting, so any ideas are MORE than welcome!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Thu, Dec 6 2012 8:28 AM | Locked

How about some matching pot holders or coasters?

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Not Ranked
Posts 12
Points 375
snpyrunner replied on Thu, Dec 6 2012 8:43 AM | Locked

pot holders might be a good idea.  I need special heat resistant batting though correct?  I don't have a lot of money at all.  My husband and I have 7 month old twins and I had reduce work to part-time.  We're just scraping by, so my gifts are all handmade!  Thanks for your suggestion :)

• | Post Points: 80
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 131
Points 2,300
Tracy replied on Thu, Dec 6 2012 8:49 AM | Locked

I'm thinking mug rugs or an apron...I found a good tut for a fabric basket set not too long ago that is cute and you can hang on a dowel on the wall...will look for it again and post for you when I find it! Either way, she will be pleased, even if it's just the runner you go with, no worries!

~Tracy

Western Massachusetts

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 131
Points 2,300
Tracy replied on Thu, Dec 6 2012 8:54 AM | Locked

Actually, just look here, lol...I love pinterest and it always saves me when I'm looking for an idea:

http://pinterest.com/search/pins/?q=fabric+basket

~Tracy

Western Massachusetts

Not Ranked
Posts 12
Points 375
snpyrunner replied on Thu, Dec 6 2012 9:08 AM | Locked

OOOOHHHHH thank you so much!  Pinterest is super addicting isn't it?

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 131
Points 2,300
Tracy replied on Thu, Dec 6 2012 9:21 AM | Locked

Yes, it certainly is addicting...I don't know how I actually get anything DONE, when I can't seem to stop adding ideas to my board! At the rate I go, I will be busy until the day I die, trying to fit in all of these yummy projects I see! Hope you find some inspiration there (I already did for myself!).

~Tracy

Western Massachusetts

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 240
Points 4,335
Christine replied on Thu, Dec 6 2012 9:48 AM | Locked

I'm working on Thea's quilt and thought I'd find some new ideas for some freemotion.  While searching for inspiration, I found an interesting filler... I thought I'd pass it along! The filler is called "Coughed up cat hairball"

This is your 'now I've seen everything' for the day!  :~)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Thu, Dec 6 2012 10:30 AM | Locked

Christine, Leah Day has lots of great fillers .I love her stuff.Barbara 

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,661
Points 63,480
Jacy replied on Thu, Dec 6 2012 10:54 AM | Locked

snpyrunner:
pot holders might be a good idea.  I need special heat resistant batting though correct?

When I don't have the heat resistant batting, I just use 2 layers of the cotton batting. Works great.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,232
Points 17,875
Sheila replied on Thu, Dec 6 2012 11:02 AM | Locked

I always have leftover batting and if it's cotton (like the warm & natural brand), I'll use 2-3 layers of that, depending on thickness, to make potholders out of. That seems to work well. Don't forget that you can stitch pieces together, too.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Thu, Dec 6 2012 11:16 AM | Locked

snpyrunner:
pot holders might be a good idea.  I need special heat resistant batting though correct?

snpyrunner, you can absolutely use cotton batting, just make sure that everything you use to make them is 100% cotton - even the thread - if anything has polyester in it, the polyester will melt when it gets hot. I Googled quilted potholders and there were a lot of patterns and directions. Good luck and your MIL will love them.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 35
Page 261 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 259 260 261 262 263 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use