Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 260 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 258 259 260 261 262 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 57
Points 1,570
Donna replied on Wed, Dec 5 2012 7:04 PM | Locked

Barbara,  Yesterday may not have been productive but spending time doing what your heart and body need is not worthless.  And it sounds as if you're well on your way to making up for lost time.  This past week must have been exhausting in every way.  There's no need to beat yourself up.  Keeping you and your son in prayer.  Hugs, Donna in Oregon

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Wed, Dec 5 2012 8:22 PM | Locked

Donna B:

chocake2:
How about making the little one a puzzle ball with scraps from the quilt you gave him? You can make them any size, and they are soft so even when they get thrown hard no one gets hurt.. Sprout has one I made  for him at Halloween and put a bell inside. He loves it.

CC, do you mean a "patchwork ball"?  like this: 

or a puzzle ball like this: 

Althought the puzzle balls are neat, I tried one a few years ago and swore I would not do another.  Now the patchwork ball, I would do...

I guess, based on your pic, I mean a Patchwork ball. But Either would be a splendid gift for the little person in question!

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Wed, Dec 5 2012 8:30 PM | Locked

Hairs lighter, body's lghter and mind is blown!

I am doing this Kay Arthur study on the Book of Romans. It is very intensive and I now see that I WILL be joining the Ladies Study Group on Weds. nite. Can't do this one, alone. I am doing everything in my power to be all that God says I should be. Being a Christian comes with a big price. It is hard!!!  But, He will be sure, in the end, that I am faithful to a fault. Praise Jesus for the oppourtunity to study His word!

Hope the gloomy day is replaced tomorrow with  a brught sunshiny day. Bible Study in the a.m. (end of Revalations). Then some errands. Time to buy a new pair of jeans, SMALLER!!!

Have a great night, my quilty girlfriends, and, for those of us doing Secret Santa, have visions of quilty things dancing through your heads. Well, that goes for all of us all the time, I'd say, huh?

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Wed, Dec 5 2012 8:47 PM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:
Praise Jesus for the oppourtunity to study His word!

Amen to that. Love Kay Arthur studies, I use to lead them, you learn so much. If you have not already done so, take the Covenant class, one of my favorites.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,508
Points 48,175
Frances replied on Wed, Dec 5 2012 11:00 PM | Locked

Spudgrandma:

I'm actually getting a few things done today. I'm sorting and throwing and trying to get things cleaned up so we can get ready for Christmas. I work a little, then I sit a little. God is good, I actually can stand and do more each day...

Spud,

If you are throwing fabric away just throw it in my direction i will take it off your hands for you after all what are friends for :)

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,832
Points 40,015
ls2116 replied on Wed, Dec 5 2012 11:21 PM | Locked

Yes SIL with partial mastectomy her husband let go!

Today I answered phone more bad news DH brother was in a bank doing business and he came out to find his car was smashed so bad he couldn't even get in car!  I am so anxiouse for this year to be past tense.  Next year just has to be better.

Went out with DH to eat and I'm underweather now.  Prior I stopped at Joann Fabrics got some fabric to finish mq7 so hopefully I can get it done soon just hav'nt decided how I want to complete borders The tops are already pretty big.

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Wed, Dec 5 2012 11:23 PM | Locked

Frances:
If you are throwing fabric away just throw it in my direction i will take it off your hands for you after all what are friends for :)

I would be happy to Frances, but I'm trying to clean up paperwork and junk. My hubby took care of the stuff that had to be taken care of but the little things that pile up, not so much. :)

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,956
Points 368,377
Kris replied on Thu, Dec 6 2012 12:38 AM | Locked

Nana:

I haven't even tried to keep up with all the doings here but I hope that everyone is having a great day and those that aren't I hope things will improve quickly.   I am feeling much better and haven't even had to take a pain pill for 2 days now.  Just have a little incisional pain at this point.   Now I just need to manage to stay awake for more than 30 minutes at a time.   Everytime I get still I fall asleep.  Guess the body needs all that extra energy to heal.   Hope everyone has a fun quilty day.

Really happy to read this Nana. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Thu, Dec 6 2012 3:50 AM | Locked

Is, that is terrible . what a bad time for this to happen to them, I will keep them in my prayers. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Thu, Dec 6 2012 3:51 AM | Locked

thanks Spud.  You don't even realize at the time these things happen the toll it takes on the body.  I'm feeling much  better now . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Thu, Dec 6 2012 3:53 AM | Locked

thanks Marie , I am feeling better a couple of days rest and I'm feeling good ,I'm even up ealry .doing dishes then I'm going in to work more on your quilt. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Thu, Dec 6 2012 3:56 AM | Locked

Thanks Marge, I did need the rest, I am enjoying my book , This one is an audio book which is my first one, and I am likeing this . Can work and listen at the same time.

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,561
Points 246,192
Thea replied on Thu, Dec 6 2012 7:07 AM | Locked

Barbara - what are you doing up so early - you need some more rest.  I wish I had gotten some this morning - DH was in and out the garage door this morning one too many times and the noise woke me up - couldn't figure out what he was doing so had to get up to find out... then I am awake of course - but I think this morning I will go back and sleep some more shortly.  Exhaustion is creeping up on me and I went to bed before midnight last night... amazing...I am tired though.

I took my pain meds and the pain is receding so I probably can sleep for a while... the agenda when I do get going today is to sew the backing pieces together for Snowman A-Z and get it in the box to send to Christine... then to continue drawing the pieces for my new M Ryan quilt onto fusilble - cut them apart and put in the patterns ready to get the material out - step by step we go - I do have some housework that needs doing - laundry and the floors - 

I had a talk with Mom the other day and the TV in the front livingroom is now being turned off at night... she is actually doing a little better - she doesn't seem quite so angry all the time but time will tell whether this is going to help or not.  I turned it off my self for a couple days and last night asked her to turn it off herself as I had to go to bed - and we were surprised this morning to find it off... so something has gotten through to her.  It has been a difficult road lately but I am hopeful that this was stroke damage that we had to work through and maybe we are.  I am hopeful...

Fur babies have asked to head out the door so guess it is light out again and the temps are supposed to drop today... not ready for the cold but then I would be if it would have snow with it and not just this cold wind...

I watched the news this morning and it is wonderful to see the Manger - a live manger going around the country to celebrate the season and the talk of the reason for the season and our freedoms to celebrate it - amazing that we have to even say that out loud...

My body is aching - argh!!! I want one day where I wake up and have no pain - just one day - but I guess since I said that that it will be known that if I get one then I'll want two - teehee - maybe I should just start where I want it to be - no pain on any day!!! Yes that is the ticket!

I am smiling though - and CC - I need a cute picture of Sprout today - did you get him a little elf costume yet?  I got my Grand kids elf costumes a couple years ago - here is a picture of them with Santa...teehee... love it!

I love my Grands...teehee  Not sure if these costumes fit this year - I know that last year they still fit - maybe I need to send them up some new ones...teehee

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,578
Points 51,700
Ginny replied on Thu, Dec 6 2012 7:09 AM | Locked

Oh Is,  That poor family is having just a terrible time.   That is too, too unreal.   I feel so sorry for their plight.  I will definitely amp up my prayers for the whole family.    Ginny

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,561
Points 246,192
Thea replied on Thu, Dec 6 2012 7:20 AM | Locked

Nana:

I haven't even tried to keep up with all the doings here but I hope that everyone is having a great day and those that aren't I hope things will improve quickly.   I am feeling much better and haven't even had to take a pain pill for 2 days now.  Just have a little incisional pain at this point.   Now I just need to manage to stay awake for more than 30 minutes at a time.   Everytime I get still I fall asleep.  Guess the body needs all that extra energy to heal.   Hope everyone has a fun quilty day.

Nana - take it slow - please.  I had two surgeries like you have had within 9 months of each other and I do know what it takes out of you - I was much younger then I am now - teehee - they were - oh my - 9 years ago and 8 years ago - time flies doesn't it - but I remember that it took a lot out of me and the one thing I know was the toughest was riding or driving in a car - it is when I realized just how much of a vibration the car has even with the best shocks money can buy... I know that walking gives that vibration too so get as much rest as you can and do let your body heal way past when you think it is healed... don't jump too soon... and don't do what I did last summer - 8 years after the last neck surgery I did a somersault - teehee - it took them months to figure out what I did to myself but they finally determined that I ripped the neck muscle - didn't even know I had one - live and learn - but that is something I can't do anymore because of the type of surgery I had... so please take it easy and YOU have a wonderfully warm snuggly Quilty day - Hugz - quilty hugz to you!

Page 260 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 258 259 260 261 262 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use