Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 259 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 257 258 259 260 261 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,826
Points 248,669
Barbara replied on Wed, Dec 5 2012 8:58 AM | Locked

Yesterday , was a worthless day for me.it seems like all the events of the past week caught up to me and I had a splitting headache and didn't want to do anything..It felt like every joint in my body ached and I was not comfortable sitting lying down even standing .  I finally found a good spot and just read all day.  Today I feel great . I did sleep a lot yesterday ,guess it was just my body telling me I needed the rest. SO now I have tons of things to get done.  Have to get My SS package to the PO ,this one is to big to do from home. I'm trying to get Marie's quilt quilted as I'm working on it now . need to get the Sandy project quilts sandwiched so I can quilt those .  Need to get my centers made for the RR project starting next month so I have lots to keep me busy.  AH  the work is never done.LOL   Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 80
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Wed, Dec 5 2012 9:30 AM | Locked

Brandy, I loved the poem. I'm not quite to hot flashes and estrogen shots yet, but I'm getting there. LOL

Sukochi, was it you who asked what to give the 1 year old with everything? How about making the little one a puzzle ball with scraps from the quilt you gave him? You can make them any size, and they are soft so even when they get thrown hard no one gets hurt.. Sprout has one I made  for him at Halloween and put a bell inside. He loves it. His older siblings each have a couple, and play with them regularly ...Heck, even my Boss has one that he plays with! They're ageless.  Patterns are easy to come by (Jinni Bayer has several).

I tripped over the BWD last night and jammed my finger on a chair. Now I really am glad that I put together all those beady bobbles yesterday, since I won't be holding pliers for a few days while it heals. The dog suffered no notable injuries.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,698
Points 248,172
Thea replied on Wed, Dec 5 2012 11:08 AM | Locked

CC - aren't pets getting in the way a dream we just wanted to have all the time...teehee... I tripped over my siamese and it sent me reeling into the table - stepped on the dogs toy on the way... for my wonderful aerobatic efforts to stay upright - I now have a nice bruise on not only the thigh of my leg but the bottom of my foot - walking on that foot now is a constant reminder to look at the floor and see if Buddy has fallen asleep there...teehee

I was up early and back to bed - up again and back to bed... hurt and finally got up and stayed up - then I was off to UPS to post my SS package - after that- well I am sitting in my chair with my feet up till I have to get up and start the housework for the day.  

I sewed on several things yesterday and finished my autumn Baltimore BOM block for this month - love it - then searched and found some pink fabric to put for sashing and cornerstones for the Craftsy BOM that we did last year - got it all together - now just have to cut that last border piece and put it on and that quilt is ready to send to Christine... I am going to put an over large final border on it cuz after she quilts it I am going to curve that outer border so it drapes really pretty in her new room on her bed.... I will draw it on the last border so Christine knows where to stop with the quilting as we don't want to waste thread... Now do I take one out of the box to put this one in - or do I figure a way to shrink wrap them so they all fit in - wonder if I have one of those vacuum bags...teehee... I do have to order some backing for it - gonna get Minkie with polka dots - I know she will love that...

so there is the start of my day!!! all thoughts are in motion...

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,698
Points 248,172
Thea replied on Wed, Dec 5 2012 11:13 AM | Locked

Okay - pushed the post button too soon...teehee.

Brandy love the poem - brought a real smile to my face.

Barbara - I know you are going to have many days like this - so just curl up and read a book when they happen - get comfy under a warm cuddly quilt and snuggle your day away...love your girl!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Wed, Dec 5 2012 11:26 AM | Locked

chocake2:
How about making the little one a puzzle ball with scraps from the quilt you gave him? You can make them any size, and they are soft so even when they get thrown hard no one gets hurt.. Sprout has one I made  for him at Halloween and put a bell inside. He loves it.

CC, do you mean a "patchwork ball"?  like this: 

or a puzzle ball like this: 

Althought the puzzle balls are neat, I tried one a few years ago and swore I would not do another.  Now the patchwork ball, I would do...

Winthrop, WA

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,912
Points 40,960
ls2116 replied on Wed, Dec 5 2012 1:47 PM | Locked

cute patchwork ball. 

Everyone please say a prayer for my SIL she just told me her husband was let go from work!  I know we have to thank the lord for everday were alive but this year has been very hard on DH family.

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Wed, Dec 5 2012 2:16 PM | Locked

ls2116:
Everyone please say a prayer for my SIL she just told me her husband was let go from work!

Done IS!

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Wed, Dec 5 2012 2:19 PM | Locked

Glad you are feeling better today Barbara!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,644
Points 52,515
Ginny replied on Wed, Dec 5 2012 2:38 PM | Locked

Ohhh IS,  I am so sorry that your DH family is having such a bad year.  Is this the SIL who just had a partial mastectomy?  I will put her in my prayers.    Ginny

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Wed, Dec 5 2012 3:37 PM | Locked

I'm actually getting a few things done today. I'm sorting and throwing and trying to get things cleaned up so we can get ready for Christmas. I work a little, then I sit a little. God is good, I actually can stand and do more each day...

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,689
Points 179,463
Marie replied on Wed, Dec 5 2012 4:33 PM | Locked

Brandy, what a sweet wish, thank you I could use most all of them.  Back to you, I wish the same, although you don't need many of them.  Beautiful girl with a handsome son.  (((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,689
Points 179,463
Marie replied on Wed, Dec 5 2012 4:36 PM | Locked

Barbara I'm glad you listened to your body and took a day off to rest.  Glad you're feeling better today.  

(((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,689
Points 179,463
Marie replied on Wed, Dec 5 2012 4:41 PM | Locked

ls2116:
please say a prayer for my SIL

ls2116 prayers for your SIL and family are going up.  (((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Wed, Dec 5 2012 4:54 PM | Locked

Barbara - you obviously "read" your body right.  It needed a time out day.  We all need those occasionally.  :o)  Glad you are feeling more ambitious today. 

I wish I could say the same.  It was 1 in the afternoon by the time we got back from the doctor's.  Well - we had to stop to eat because Dave was starving.  All that I have managed to do this afternoon is take the dogs for a long walk and find a bunch of shop hop bunnies.  Second month in a row that I have won a gift certificate.  Maybe this time I'll get lucky like Diana and win a BIG prize.  Some how the $10 gift certificates always end up costing me money.  :o(

Yippee - wrapped the last Christmas gift today.  Now I just have to get the rest of the ornaments on the tree and keep Neko out of the tree.  I am sure that once it is all decorated and the gifts are under it, it will hold even more fascination for him.

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,618
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Wed, Dec 5 2012 4:56 PM | Locked

IS2116 - is this the same part of the family that had the surgery that you mentioned around Thanksgiving --- or am I really getting folks confused out here.  I read so many posts to get caught up, I could have everything backwards.  Any way - they will be in our prayers.

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Page 259 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 257 258 259 260 261 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use