Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 258 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 256 257 258 259 260 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,576
Points 36,085
ls2116 replied on Tue, Dec 4 2012 4:40 PM | Locked

Went running withDH to second hand stores and inlaws.  Now its time for me to make dinner by the time thats done I'll be too tired to sew.

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,379
Points 48,850
Ginny replied on Tue, Dec 4 2012 4:42 PM | Locked

Nana,   I am so glad to hear that you are painfree, well, not completely, but the incisional pain is bearable.  You are so right about falling asleep so frequently.  It is you body doing the job of healing.  I was amazed at how much I slept after my surgery this summer.  I just now feel "normal" .   Ginny

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 6,195
nantenn replied on Tue, Dec 4 2012 5:54 PM | Locked

Buy a panel and sew on binding and it is a fast quilt gift that any one yo would like.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 6,195
nantenn replied on Tue, Dec 4 2012 5:57 PM | Locked

Sorry I missed the part where you had made a hilt but any kid could use two!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,649
Points 135,942
Leslie replied on Tue, Dec 4 2012 5:59 PM | Locked

Nana, so glad you are feeling better, sleep all you want you probably need it

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,649
Points 135,942
Leslie replied on Tue, Dec 4 2012 6:02 PM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:
Hey, stopped on the way through town this a.m., at the Salon and Day Spa. Gonna go in tomorrow a.m. at 10 for highlights and a new cut. Time for a makeover. Then I will consider those jean leggings, knee boots and scarves. Oh, Darling........!  Wouldn't that shock 'em at Bible Study on Thurs. a.m.??

Sukochi, your you are going to do all that, then you need to get a boob job or it just won't be complete.     Me I want a tummy tuck, right now I just tuck my tummy in my bra, makes me look really big chested LOL

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,416
Points 62,210
Bonita replied on Tue, Dec 4 2012 8:20 PM | Locked

Nana. glad to hear you're doing so much better. Sleep while you can it's a good thing.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Tue, Dec 4 2012 10:12 PM | Locked

Leslie :
Sukochi, your you are going to do all that, then you need to get a boob job or it just won't be complete.     Me I want a tummy tuck, right now I just tuck my tummy in my bra, makes me look really big chested LOL

Sukochi, we want pictures of the new 'do' and outfit!  Leslie, I think I'll pass on a picture of your body enhancement trick.  LOL  Me, I'd love an eye lift, but I'll bet it would be like painting a room in the house - the new paint is nice, but now the carpet looks dreary.  The new carpet is pretty, but now the curtains look shabby.  The new curtains are lovely, but now the furniture looks out of date...

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,649
Points 135,942
Leslie replied on Wed, Dec 5 2012 5:11 AM | Locked

Nancy, roflol. your probably right, maybe that's why some of those Hollywood people go to extreme

[Ava, Missouri

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,821
Points 85,145
Sukochi replied on Wed, Dec 5 2012 6:47 AM | Locked

Today IS the day. New hair coming up. Jim said hold off on the outfit till after Christmas. The costof Christmas is choking us, this year!! And, this hair is NOT cheap! But, I wanted a colorist to do this. No Walmart Great Clips this time.

A tummy tuck would be awesome. I do have a BIG belly, weight lose or no. And, my eye lids about close my eyes. Eye shadow would be wasted on m.. You couldn't see it.

Y'all have a super morning and I will check in later.

Sukochi

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,233
Points 35,340
Linda replied on Wed, Dec 5 2012 7:07 AM | Locked

I just got done paying bills and as usual there's nothing left. But, I did keep the credit cards down. This morning I have to see my doctor for my vocal chords, asthma and sinus...the usual routine. And, winter hasn't really started. Oh boy, I'm in for trouble for my 1st winter in 12 years.

Yesterday I finished a teacup wallhanging for my secret sister and my final mini-quilt of the month. I spent the evening trying to untangle another spool of thread that Indy got hold of. Didn't have to waste too much, but that little puppy better be running for his precious little life if he gets hold of another spool of thread again!!! I'll be posting everything later today after the doctor. There may be a disgruntled Indy posted too.

Hopefully this afternoon I can get started on the table runner that I was suppose to start on last night. Indy better be hiding under his pillow if he comes near this project!!!! This morning he's acting all innocent. He's still my little sunshine.

Well I see it's later than I thought. Everyone have a wonderful quilty day...except for Indy!!!!

Hugs.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 203
Points 4,430

As I was looking at some poems for my SS, I ran across this.  I think this is my one wish for all of my new friends on QCA.  As we enter into the rush and flurry that is the Christmas season, this is my wish for all of you:

Merry Christmas my friends  

If I were old Santa, you know what I'd do
I'd dump silly gifts that are given to you
And deliver some things just inside your front door
Things you have lost, but treasured before.

I'd give you back all your maidenly vigor,
and to go along with it, a neat tiny figure.
Then restore the old color that once graced your hair
before rinses and bleaches took residence there.

I'd bring back the shape with which you were gifted 
so things now suspended need not be uplifted.
I'd draw in your tummy and smooth down your back
Till you'd be a dream in those tight fitting slacks.

I'd remove all your wrinkles and leave only one chin
So you wouldn't spend hours rubbing grease on your skin
You'd never have flashes or *** dizzy spells
and you wouldn't hear noises like ringing of bells.

No sore aching feet and no corns on your toes
no searching for spectacles when they're right on your nose.
Not a shot would you take in your arm, hip or fanny
from a doctor who thinks you're a nervous old granny.

You'd never have a headache, so no pills would you take.
and no heating pad needed since your muscles won't ache.
Yes, if I were Santa, you'd never look stupid
You'd be a cute little chick with the romance of a cupid.

I'd give a lift to your heart when those wolves start to whistle
and the joys of your heart would be light as a thistle.
But alas! I'm not Santa. I'm simply just me
the matronest of matrons you ever did see.

I wish I could tell you all the symptoms I've got
But I'm due at my doctor's for an estrogen shot.
Even though we've grown older this wish is sincere
Merry Christmas to you and a Happy New Year!

chris@leapfrogdigital.com  
LeapFrog Digital Design

• | Post Points: 65
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,530
Points 46,505
Debbie-do replied on Wed, Dec 5 2012 8:09 AM | Locked

That's a good one Brandy!

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,760
Points 247,454
Barbara replied on Wed, Dec 5 2012 8:18 AM | Locked

Brandy ,I love it . Hope that Santa finds my house .LOL  

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598
Marge (AKA Dimples) replied on Wed, Dec 5 2012 8:52 AM | Locked

OK - I am caught up now on my reading.  :o)  I really need to get on the computer more than once a week. 

Hope everyone is feeling fine and all the sick / surgery are recovering. 

I have to drag DH over for a colonoscopy in a few minutes.  He is having the same problems that he had before his surgery.  My opinion is that they never found the real problem back in July because they never did do a full colonoscopy because of the stricture he had.  Now maybe we can find out what is really going on in there. 

While he was enjoying his clear liquid diet and lovely prep solution, I was enjoying myself at the shop's Christmas party at a Japanese steak house.  I had the steak and chicken -- chicken was good but the steak was tough!   Gift exchange was fun.  Karen the owner has been hinting that she would like some new black socks from  her Secret Santa.  Well - we ALL got her socks.  She was laughing so hard opening up all of the gifts.  Black socks after black socks.  Mine was one of the last she opened.  Being the rebel that I am -- she got red and white striped ones from me!  I got a cute drawstring bag filled with sewing notions that I wanted plus a little applique pattern.  

DGS will be home in about 15 days for Christmas leave.  Hurray!!!!! 

Just about got the house decorated for Christmas.  Now if I can just keep Neko out of the tree!!!  Molly gets on top of the entertainment center and pushes my snowmen off.  Cats and Christmas don't mix around here. 

Finished Lynn's place mats and potato bakers for both DIL's. Still working on Celeste's knitting tote.  I am having to hand sew the bottom into it as it is just too much of a problem on the machine!  I work on it a bit each night until my fingers get sore from shoving the needle through all of those thick layers.  Won't be making this pattern again!

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

Page 258 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 256 257 258 259 260 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use