Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 257 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 255 256 257 258 259 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Tue, Dec 4 2012 10:09 AM | Locked

Brandy what a cutie ,

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,252
Points 239,957
Thea replied on Tue, Dec 4 2012 10:30 AM | Locked

Amber, Your son is adorable and that smile is to die for!  Sorry you had a scare like that - you would think the nurse would have been able to diagnose dry skin.  hmmmmm.... my DH would have been pointed if he had had to leave work - makes me so mad... why are the employers like this today - the ever loving dollar runs the world and that is truthfully not the way it should be.

I woke in pain yet again today... crawled again to my chair - my back will not allow me to lay supine once I wake up and I truly think it is what wakes me up as my phone was not ringing this morning.  Hopefully, no one will decide to hack my debit card or my credit card today.  I have been checking everything and if it gets hacked again I'll know it was at the amazon.com site as I am a prime member there and that is the only place where my CC was along with my debit card.  Barbara mentioned paypal there but I couldn't find out how to set it up... so am watching carefully...

My last Christmas gift got bought last Saturday now we are waiting to find out what DH job is going to do for both Christmas and New Years and if they give him 2 days off with the weekend for either one we are going to drive to MN to drop off the gifts.  I am hopeful that Rita will be able to come watch Mom for those days on short notice... I want so to see the Grands... and I don't want to drive by myself but if need be - that is I guess what I will have to do.

I am almost finished with the work on my first Baltimore Autumn album BOM - it had an abundance of little cherries on it - those little cherries take forever satin stitching...teehee... but I am getting there - I drew on the stems with my flexion pen and will hand embroider when I get the satin sttiching done.  Something for my chair... although I now have 3 quilts waiting for the hand portion of the binding - think I might turn a good book on and do that...  I am thinking of buying the whole series of JRR Tolkien books for my kindle and read them this winter.  I know the Hobbit is coming out at the theatres and can't wait for it to be on DVD - I loved those books as a young girl and have reread them several times.  Something to delve into this winter.

Well, not moving yet but am going to lean back and take my pain meds and see what the day brings.  Warm quilty hugz to all!  

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Tue, Dec 4 2012 12:28 PM | Locked

Well, we are having another gloomy day, so I guess I need to try and finish putting away the remainder of the sewing stuff in the living room; then we can get the decorations up.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,106
Points 109,560
chocake2 replied on Tue, Dec 4 2012 12:29 PM | Locked

Cuss. Cuss. Rant. Cuss. Kick something. Cuss somemore.   ...Deep Breath.  ...Ok. I feel better.

DH got called into somesort of special meeting this morning. Poor guy only had 4 hours of sleep. I had plans to go to town after he woke up in a few hours... not gonna happen now. The dog will have to get by on Kibble scraps for one more day.  Phoo-ey.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Tue, Dec 4 2012 12:40 PM | Locked

Don't you just hate that CC, I get irked when my plans get derailed and then I have to stop and take a deep breath and remember that we do have a job and be so thankful for that.. Hang in there, this too will pass :)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Tue, Dec 4 2012 1:40 PM | Locked

Hey, stopped on the way through town this a.m., at the Salon and Day Spa. Gonna go in tomorrow a.m. at 10 for highlights and a new cut. Time for a makeover. Then I will consider those jean leggings, knee boots and scarves. Oh, Darling........!  Wouldn't that shock 'em at Bible Study on Thurs. a.m.??

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,765
Nana replied on Tue, Dec 4 2012 2:08 PM | Locked

I haven't even tried to keep up with all the doings here but I hope that everyone is having a great day and those that aren't I hope things will improve quickly.   I am feeling much better and haven't even had to take a pain pill for 2 days now.  Just have a little incisional pain at this point.   Now I just need to manage to stay awake for more than 30 minutes at a time.   Everytime I get still I fall asleep.  Guess the body needs all that extra energy to heal.   Hope everyone has a fun quilty day.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 95
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Tue, Dec 4 2012 2:58 PM | Locked

Nana, I'm so happy to hear you are feeling well and you are not in pain. You will be back with us before you know it, I have missed you! (((HUGS))) Rest while you can!!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Tue, Dec 4 2012 3:53 PM | Locked

Nana, so glad to hear you are doing better!  Every 30 minutes sounds good to me...LOL!  Your body is telling you it needs its rest, so keep listening.  Take care and hope your back with us soon...

Winthrop, WA

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,106
Points 109,560
chocake2 replied on Tue, Dec 4 2012 3:55 PM | Locked

'Glad to see you about, Nana. Nice to hear you are doing well.

Thanks, Spud.  I just needed reminding : "It's all about attitude!"

I decided that Since Dh is no where to be seen today, and my monthly lunch date is now out of the question until January (We missed November too...Rats!),  I might as well do something productive, so i have been stringing all those Christmas beads into charms to go on packages. Progress is slow with Sprout interupting, but hey, I have all day... 

I've noticed that I seem to have an affinity for the Sunday comics in my bead making... My snowmen look like creatures from Calvin and Hobbes, and somehow all of my felines look just like Bill the Kat of Bloom County fame (Does anyone even remember that one?). Aw well, with time and practice they will improve (I hope).

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,282
Points 173,413
Marie replied on Tue, Dec 4 2012 3:58 PM | Locked

Go for it Sukochi!  wish I could be there to see the jaws dropping.  LOL  You've lost weight, got a new do and know it's time for the highlights, leggings, knee boots and scarves, you deserve it girl.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,282
Points 173,413
Marie replied on Tue, Dec 4 2012 4:00 PM | Locked

Nana, so happy you are progressing nicely.  You listen to your body, it will tell you when it wants to move and what it is capable of doing.  (((((HUGS)))))

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,282
Points 173,413
Marie replied on Tue, Dec 4 2012 4:07 PM | Locked

chocake2:
Cuss. Cuss. Rant. Cuss. Kick something. Cuss somemore.   ...Deep Breath.  ...Ok. I feel better.

CC, I was at Best Buy checking out the mini ipad and the above post is what I read right then and there.  I laughed so loud all the eyes in the store were on me.  What a hoot!  BTW, glad you feel better.  Oh yes, I did apologize to the shoppers but my poor son wanted to crawl into a hole.  :  )

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Tue, Dec 4 2012 4:23 PM | Locked

Nana, So glad you are feeling better. Remember that ansthestsia will be in your system for awhile. So nap when necessary!.

C.C. don't you just hate when a man can't make a date? Well, at least he has a great excuse, and one that pays the bills. 

I have been Christmas card writing, (to those I have addresses for....), to family we never see or talk to. Aunts....... cousins........ the kids (jk). They get two cards. Oh, had a great gift idea for the kids. They love to go to the movies, but no funds for that. So, I am sending a gift card to the Theater. And, for the DBIl and DSIl, who have everything, Gift cards to the movies, 2 cokes and a bag of popcorn. So, that's settled. I am almost through. Oh, what does a 1 year old, who has everthing his little heart desires, what for Christmas?. I think movie gift card would be lost on him. I already made him a quilt. I was going to get him a big cardboard box (I can guarentee you he would NEVER get one of those from anyone else). But, I don't know. What do ya think?

Not much else going on around here. Kinda quiet. A new neighbor is moving in up the road. He is the brother of the two women who live next door to him. So, funny. I couldn't believe it when his sister's said he had bought that house. That is a bit close to have family to me.

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Tue, Dec 4 2012 4:29 PM | Locked

chocake2:
Progress is slow with Sprout interupting, but hey, I have all day... 

Now see, it's all attitude! But, don't you mean helping instead of interrupting? LOL

Page 257 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 255 256 257 258 259 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use