Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 255 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 253 254 255 256 257 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Mon, Dec 3 2012 11:32 AM | Locked

Linda:
I spend all my time running back and forth between the bedroom and the sewing room looking for things

I can really relate to this Linda, now I'm trying to gather all mine up for Christmas so we can decorate... but, what a fun way to lose weight...sewing!

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Mon, Dec 3 2012 11:37 AM | Locked

Well I'm off to the bank in a bit. My credit card was compromised and WalMart online - where I have not shopped in 3 or 4 years - caught it and called. But, we had to cancel the card and get new ones (they are not here yet maybe next week) I have to go to the bank to pay the bill, I want to make sure it gets credited correctly, I usually pay it from my checking electronically but want to make sure it gets done correctly. This is such a pain, but I'm sure it could be much worse. I'm sure glad that WalMart caught it.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Mon, Dec 3 2012 11:40 AM | Locked

chocake2:
The kids pointed out that Sprout doesn't have a Christmas stocking yet. I need to fix that!

Absolutely, we cannot have Sprout going around with no Christmas Stocking, he needs a really big one... :)

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Mon, Dec 3 2012 1:03 PM | Locked

Oh I do my work at home and at meeting, sometimes I just go to admire other work and chit chat.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Mon, Dec 3 2012 1:09 PM | Locked

Today's work, boy am I going to feel spoiled tonite at bedtime!  Soft, warm, sunshine scented flannel sheets...yummy!

Doing dog blankets now...I usually do them 2x's a week and hang them on line also!  It's headed for the upper 70's today and tomorrow, what awesome weather we a having.  Thank you Jesus!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 131
Points 2,300
Tracy replied on Mon, Dec 3 2012 1:48 PM | Locked

Joni, I am so envious of your sheets!!! I've been wanting to do this for the longest time, but nowhere to hang sheets where I live :(. This has always been my favorite indulgence! Enjoy!

~Tracy

Western Massachusetts

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Mon, Dec 3 2012 2:08 PM | Locked

Joni:
Thank you Jesus!

Amen!

I don't have a line to hang clothes out either, we just never did get one put up, maybe this next spring!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,649
Points 52,690
Ginny replied on Mon, Dec 3 2012 3:05 PM | Locked

Spud,  How great that your DS and SIL are able to take time off to bring your daughter's things for her.  You are right  - God Is in control.   Good luck with all the comings and goings in your family.   Ginny

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,405
Points 21,105
Carolyn (CarolBeau) replied on Mon, Dec 3 2012 3:21 PM | Locked

Spudgrandma:

My credit card was compromised

Oh Spud - I'm so sorry that you're going through this.  Such a nightmare.  

Joni ~ cheers to your air-dried sheets!  I miss doing that so much.  Just need to hang a clothesline at my new house, I suppose.  :)

Raleigh, NC

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Mon, Dec 3 2012 3:23 PM | Locked

Joni, aren't sheets that are hung out to dry all stiff? Jim's Mom used to hang his jeans out to dry and  he said they were stiff as a board. And, what do you do about bird droppings???? Yuck. Think I will stick with my dryer.

Went to Blue Ridge today for lab work. Then, went to try a cupcake from The Sweet Shoppe. They won $10.000. in the Cupcake Wars TV show. These's are little cupcakes but they sure are fancy.  They were $2.75 each and,  boy,  was it rich. But, so good. The girl, who was one that did the fiming, said it was really fun to do.

We wandered around the downtown part of Blue Ridge, Ga. which is full of shops and restaurants. The shops have gotten really upscale. Everyone sells scarves. I have never seen so many scarves. I told Jim, I guess I should have one also but, I am just a frumpy old woman and I would probably look silly in a scarf. Do any of y'all wear these scarfs you see? I got one for a BFF who wears then all the time. Maybe, I should lightened my hair, get some of those knee boots, tight jean looking leggings and a scarf. What do you think? HA!

Got home to find that Santa had thrown up in my kitchen and, while I was gone, NO ONE had cleaned it up. So, guess I better get up and get some more of these goodies where they are to spend the next 4 or so weeks.

Everyone, take it easy and have fun with it. I, myself, am going to lose my mind!

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,716
Points 248,537
Thea replied on Mon, Dec 3 2012 3:44 PM | Locked

Sukochi, that cupcake sounds deliciously fattening for my hips...teehee... but delicious non the less.  Well, got to the bank this morning - 2nd time in 2 weeks that have had to get a new debit card.  they said the lines are rampant with credit card fraud and places trying to steal information and make small transactions... all those small transactions add up to thousands and thousands in the end.  The lady I talked to seemed incredulous that they had to issue me a new card in just a week.  I told her you think you are amazed what do you think I feel and to top it off this week had it happen to my CC right after trying to use my debit card... so something is fishy somewhere.  

Barbara called me and her credit card was hacked too - we were both talking about it and only thing we both have done in the last month is shop at fabricdepot.com but I have shopped with them for a long time and their site is https Sukochi so I do watch for this - believe me I am very very careful where and when I shop.  I think my problem was the french magazine that I tried to subscribe to not knowing that France is on the not secure country... but that site too was https so not sure what that does for us... but am making the rounds of the places where my debit card gets charged monthly - such a hassle... just got done with doing this... but keepsake will not appreciate me if I don't pay monthly for my BOM and I like this BOM...teehee...

I am in a better mood then this morning - swept the devil out of my house - read a verse that Christine sent me - talked to good friends on the phone and of course my sweet DDIL.  DH got home and that problem with the bathroom sink solved itself in minutes - so he is happy... the backing fabric came for one of the quilts I am sending to Christine and just needs a pressing to take some of the major folds out as she will have to give it a quick once over when she receives it as there is no way it won't have some more folds in it from being shipped...

So life is good!!!  Quilty hugz to all my QCA budz...

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Mon, Dec 3 2012 4:26 PM | Locked

Oh Su-ure, Joni. Just rub it in, why doncha!

I'da had my laundry out on the line today, too - The weather is perfect for it - ... BUT Sprout refused to give me even a moment to load the washing machine this morning. It was a running battle just to get him dressed. He finally settled down long enough to me to do a dash and grab, so I got a load of towels and terry-cloth bibs tossed in around 10:30. 20 min later the washing machine started making the most horrendous noise, I thought sure a barring had gone out.  Hubby's on night shift, so he was asleep, but the racket woke him up. He called the repair man who said it would be a week before he could even think about getting here and that he'd charge $70 for the service call PLUS another $80 for travel (we are rather far from his work center, after all). Hubby decided that he'd fix it himself rather then go for a deal like that.

So, the back came off the machine. The top came off the machine. An hour was wasted, the floor was flooded, another hour went down the tubes, and the cuss words were flowing freely. He was ready to take the front off but couldn't figure out the door seal gasket. You recall that I ruined that last January and had to replace it? He asked me to take it apart for him since I had prior experience. That's  when I found the source of the problem. In my haste to get those bibs clean, I'd snatched up a baby spoon along with one of them. (Musta been the one DD left on the high chair tray last night). It was wedged between the drum and the door gasket. I bloodied a few knuckles getting it out of there, and the spoon didn't survive...but the machine is fixed and the towels are clean. They're in the drier...I just couldn't get up the soup to hang 'em out. 

meanwhile my friend with the quilt top stopped in. She brought me home made fudge to thank me for my efforts on her project. It didn't set well, so we're eating it with spoons...and boy do I need it!!!!!

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,506
Points 48,350
Angele replied on Mon, Dec 3 2012 5:46 PM | Locked

Spud and Thea sorry your cc got hacked.  Don't you find it hard to continue to trust shopping places when this happens? 

Cc hopefully Sprout will tire himself out enough so that you can slep.  I enjoy putting laundry on the line in the spring and summer but I refuse to freeze my fingers outside at this time of year.  Today all our snow disappeared with the rain anda balmy 40. Already it started turning cold by 3:30 when I was on bus duty.  They predict low 20s for tonight and staying close to that tomorrow.  It is hard to know what the kids should wear at school. They had indoor recess due to a flooded playground.  Oh what fun this will be!

Angèle  from NWO

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,924
Points 41,110
ls2116 replied on Mon, Dec 3 2012 5:57 PM | Locked

Well I seen sil yesterday she is doing her normal activities! Planning to return to work 1wk. after outpatient surgery! I said thats great but it may be her pain meds speaking.  

The problem with me wasn't really how thanksgiving turned out for me as much as I always feel like an outsider.  I told my sil I would've been at the hospital for her.  She told me she had her family with her.  I understand totally she was basically keeping info from brother who would be sick with worry .  My DH brother is like me in that we are worriers to the point of making ourselves sick.  I'm gonna get back to sewing in awhile  I've been visiting inlaws alot.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 203
Points 4,430

I got a call from my son's school today asking me to come and get him. Mystery rash. When I picked him up, he had a few bumps on his face, what looked like dry skin that had been scratched too much. Nothing else. I thought they were being ridiculous, but picked him up none the less. He doesn't have insurance because it is expensive, but found out that the school district has a clinic. We were fit in at the last moment and weren't charged! Praise The Lord!!! 

Ended up him having allergies and dry skin. Thankful my job is flexible and I won't get into trouble or face ramifications for being out half a day, but it wasn't within my plans either. Oh well, he is healthy and God is in control! (My brother in law saw it on Facebook and said "We'll, whatever it is, it looks like it is making his teeth fall out!" HAHAHAHAHAHAHaaaaaaahahahahahaha!!!) 

My handsome little man. <3 gonna go get the mug rugs for tomorrow finished out. I will probably post pictures when I am done. 

Ohhhhh! And I got the rest of the Art Gallery fabrics in for my niece's mustache quilt!!! I ordered more than I needed because I want my quilt made out of it as well...whenever I can get around to it. Much love to all

• | Post Points: 80
Page 255 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 253 254 255 256 257 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use