Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 254 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 252 253 254 255 256 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Sun, Dec 2 2012 4:50 PM | Locked

Thats okay, we will take what we can get!

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,449
Points 47,720
Angele replied on Sun, Dec 2 2012 7:49 PM | Locked

Well it took me two days to get caught up.  I hope and pray that everyone is healing well.

cc glad to hear you had a very good night sleep.  When I see your handsome Sprout, he makes my  day. I leave this site with a smile.  I  think I'm ready to be a grandma now... Hihihi! Now if only my boys would cooperate...  Your angry bird bead is great!

Barbara, it's nice to hear back from you in the different forums.  Time will help.

Leslie,, I'm sorry you won't renew your membership.  I have learned so much from you, your techniques your ideas to improve on a pattern.  I hope you will visit and give your opinion often.

spud, your daughter is very lucky to have parents who will share. Their living space until she can get back on her feet.things will work out for you.  And remember you can always come here and vent.

thea, I hope and pray your body will be more cooperative and in less pain.  You are an amazingly strong woman.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sun, Dec 2 2012 9:26 PM | Locked

Leslie :
I will not be taking over the group, I have decided I will not be renewing my membership when it expires.

Leslie, you know that you can participate in discussions and groups without being a premium member, don't you?  I would miss you so much if you drop out altogether.  Are you still coming to Branson at least for a couple of days?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Mon, Dec 3 2012 5:27 AM | Locked

MNnancy:

Leslie, you know that you can participate in discussions and groups without being a premium member, don't you?  I would miss you so much if you drop out altogether.  Are you still coming to Branson at least for a couple of days?

Nancy, yes I do know I can still participate,  I stay so frustrated with this site not working properly, I have just decided not to pay for it anymore.   I still plan on visiting you all at Branson                                                    

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,549
Points 245,907
Thea replied on Mon, Dec 3 2012 6:28 AM | Locked

What a couple weeks I am having... 

Let me preface this by saying I had my identity stolen in 1989 so I am very careful now about any charge purchases and very paranoid about buying online.  I have always trusted quilt shops though or quilt magazines...

Well, I went to Hasting Book Shop a couple weeks ago and found this magazine that had a beautiful quilt on the front - it caught my eye - so I bought the magazine and was looking through it - actually talking to Barbara on the phone about it - finally came to the quilt in the back of the magazine to find out it was a 1 of 4 part quilt - so decided since I wanted to make it to get a subscription for the magazine... so I went online to the address and tried to subscribe to the magazine - it is a magazine out of France.  Well, my debit card would not go through - so since I was having problems with it I just decided to try to go to the store and remember to pick up the magazine... 

Anyway, as it happens - someone then hacked my debit card and it had to be cancelled - they tried to buy an i-pad in Germany - actually they did buy one and they charged me for Obama's celebration - anyone who knows me knows that I do not give money to politics - those people have so much more money then I would ever have - so IMHO they can pay for their own stuff... so my bank caught this and a new card was issued... yesterday my new card told me that I was not an authorized user on my account so I knew I had to go to the bank again today... so since we were at Lowe's and DH needed the new faucets to put into the house to stop the leaks - I used my Capital One card since I didn't have the cash on me...

Well, this morning I get an email from Capital One Fraud division and I am to call them - so I do - I get a person in Manilla - who tells me my card has been hacked and asks me about 5 or 6 transactions - most under $10 but one just under $100 that had been tried to be charged to my account... all denied... but the man kept asking me to verify information and it made me very nervous.  I took care of it with him and got his IED number - then I got off the phone and was very stressed so called the # on the back of my CC to make sure that I was actually talking to Capital One and talked to another man who was asking me weird questions and then told me I had to send an email about a fraudulent email that I had gotten - so I got worse scared that I had just given information - and of course I couldn't understand him because he was also in Manilla - so asked for someone who was American to speak to...I got another lady and although she was not American she could at least speak the language... and as it turns out the email was from them - and my card had been hacked at Lowe's yesterday when I used it and someone had tried to use it fraudulently and it was caught and that card has been cancelled and a new one issued and is being sent to my address here in the good ole USA...

Now though more then anything, I am thinking of getting an account with one of those banks that issues you that single use # on your account to protect yourself.  I have fraud protection on all my accounts that I have - which are not many believe me and I usually only use my debit card because my bank here is so vigilant... but now I am truly worried - my account was hacked by someone at Lowe's - makes you totally wonder - 

So now, I have to relax and get my BP back down to normal - I have to go by my bank again today to find out why I am not authorized to use my own card... what else is happening.  So I guess in writing this all down I am trying to tell you to be more vigilant this year and check your cards for any charges no matter the size and make sure that they are yours and if they aren't to call your credit card or bank and get it taken care of.  

I will probably be relaxed by tomorrow - teehee... just stressed a little now... but happy that they check this stuff for me... who knows what might have happened.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, Dec 3 2012 6:38 AM | Locked

Thea ,I'm so sorry you are going thru this ,.been there myself. I try to use paypal for all my online purchases when I can . and I only use my account.CC ,if I truly trust the site.. It is very frustrating . I hope your service providers can get it all worked out  for you .

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,549
Points 245,907
Thea replied on Mon, Dec 3 2012 6:41 AM | Locked

Barbara - online I am super careful but this was at the store - not an online purchase - that has me truly stressed today!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, Dec 3 2012 6:55 AM | Locked

thea ,If you still have the reciept from Lowes ,I'd take it back and let them know what happen if this was the cashier  they can trace it and find out . They keep records on customers accounts. .Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,144
Points 14,805
Dawn replied on Mon, Dec 3 2012 7:12 AM | Locked

Today, I finally got my lazy butt back on the elliptical.  Just 15 minutes but I did it!  Going to go shopping w/DD & DGD3 and DGS3.  We get to go to Joann's and Michaels!  YAY!  Then hope to get home and work on quilting.  Brought all the Christmas deco out of the storage room so will be working on that.  DH hasn't been in the Christmas decorating mood since the kids all got married and moved out.  But w/them all coming home for Christmas, maybe he will help this year . . . but he still has our master bathroom floor to finish and then the closet and varnishing the new doors, finishing the hall closet, making the laundry room cabinets, putting drywall up around the new windows, figuring out how to finish the snail shower . . .  yeah, I think I will just decorate, he is toooooo busy.  :-)

Happy Quilting everyone!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Mon, Dec 3 2012 8:32 AM | Locked

Thea, this is terrible. When you order online, be sure the site says" https" in the addy. That shows it is a secure site.

I don't know if you have heard of Clark Howard, he is a a millionaire and talk show host on radio and TV. He lives here in Atlanta. He said NEVER use your debit card as anything but charge card. They will not recoup losses on a debit use but will on a credit use of the card.

Clark says to have fraud alerts put on every account you have.  As Thea said, we must be extremely careful now with all the idenity thift. Years ago, my sister left her wallet on a plane, full of cash. It was reutned to her, with the cash in it, from the person who found it. That would never happen now. Don't think this could not happen to you!!

We are going to go to mostly cash. We do pay some bills by credit card, online, but I have checked and they are secure sites. Also, Thea, what probably happened at Lowes is the machine you swiped was comprimised by someone. Be sure to go to the mgr at that store and send a letter and email to the corporate office of Lowes. Also, make a police report of all of this. Though, I guess you know this already.

Did y'all know that, if stopped for a minor traffic infraction and have had your idently stolen, you may be arrested for idenity fraud of your accounts. Always carry all the paperwork you recieved, even letters you mailed to show that you are the victum, not the perp, in idenity theft.

I am getting to the point where I will not open forwareds from friends that I know well. You never know who sent them.

If you call a company, and get someone in another country, Clark Howard said you should tell them you want to speak to someone, in the company, in America and they will connect your call back to the US.

One more thing, NEVER carry your socail security card with you. Oh, and never sign the back of your credit cards. Write SEE I.D. in the signature place. I do that. Stores have no problem with it, they just ask to see my Drivers License.

Sukochi

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Mon, Dec 3 2012 10:07 AM | Locked

SUKOCHI

I put  'ASK FOR PHOTO ID IN PLACE OF SIGNATURE'.

SPUD....Yes Kingdom Quilters is a part of my church, we meet monthly for fellowship and quilting.  We plan to do a quilt together for something or someone special, perhaps Quilts of Valor this year.  I love getting together with all the ladies, we enjoy encouraging one another and sharing our families and friends.  YES, please get together with your group, the Blessings you receive are beyond measure.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Mon, Dec 3 2012 11:11 AM | Locked

Poor Thea. I feel for you. My cop friends say it's not a matter of "If" you will have your identity stolen, but "when" in this day and age. I heard the same from the bank when my credit card was hacked. It was compromised by the company I bought  fabric for Sprouts baby quilt from. Whether they were also victoms or the perpitrator I never heard...   It really saddens me that the weak link had anything to do with the quilt community.  :(

Sprout had another restless night. I wonder if maybe he's not having muscle cramps in his legs from his great hurry to learn to walk. I can't convince him to sit down now that he's learned to pull-up! At least he's still cheerful and full of grins. I guess afternoon naps help with that. Mom has almost forgotten what sleep is...  Maybe Santa will bring me a few nights of good rest.

Today I am straining my home-made strawberry liquor. Once it is sweetened, it needs to mellow for a few weeks, and then it'll be ready to use. I'm not a great drinker, but I'm looking forward to the taste of fresh strawberries in my Christmas cordual. For now, I am just enjoying the smell of summetime.

The kids pointed out that Sprout doesn't have a Christmas stocking yet. I need to fix that!

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Mon, Dec 3 2012 11:25 AM | Locked

Angele:
spud, your daughter is very lucky to have parents who will share. Their living space until she can get back on her feet.things will work out for you.  And remember you can always come here and vent.

Thank you Angele, I will probably need to do lots of venting, I know it will be hard to go from me and DH to my daughter and 3 boys under 9, but that is what family is supposed to do. My son and SIL are taking off just before Christmas to fly across country and drive back with my daughter's furniture and household - our whole family has stepped up and helped and loved on her - God is in control and we will be fine and we will get through. Thank yo so much for your kind words.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,388
Points 37,625
Linda replied on Mon, Dec 3 2012 11:27 AM | Locked

Since I've had to move my machines back into the bedroom for the winter, seems I spend all my time running back and forth between the bedroom and the sewing room looking for things. I have lost l0 lbs tho. But by noon I'm more than ready for a nap. Been working on  Christmas presents for everyone and I feel like I'm not going to make the deadlines. I just ordered fabric the other evening because I'm going to try to get one of my own Christmas projects make for a change....maybe even two since I just found some of the other fabric I had. I'm sewing so much I can't see straight. I think I'll take that nap now.

Hugs

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Mon, Dec 3 2012 11:28 AM | Locked

Joni:
SPUD....Yes Kingdom Quilters is a part of my church

Joni, it is such a good ministry and I do need to try to get back into mine. I may have to go and bring stuff home to do, but I would enjoy it.

• | Post Points: 50
Page 254 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 252 253 254 255 256 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use