Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 253 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 251 252 253 254 255 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sun, Dec 2 2012 11:26 AM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:
To all, in the Northwest, I am praying for the weather to lighten up and no floods to happen. You are all in my prayers. Sounds scary.

Nothing scary here...just soggy and gloomy!  Lots of rain, and our snow has turned to major slop. No skiing for us for a few days!  We are hoping for some sun to dry things up a bit before the temperatures drop so we don't end up in an ice cube here...LOL.  That might be scary, but not yet anyway and we will hope it doesn't happen.

DH has been pretty busy trying to get our firewood double spit and under cover with all this rain and wet snow.  (We have it delivered split, but then he double-splits it...so it fits better into our woodstove.)  He has had the pile covered by a tarp and whenever the rain/snow lets up, he runs out, uncovers, splits for awhile, throws the wood under the porch roof, and covers the pile when it starts raining again.  Then he can stack the wood while it is raining under cover...smart man!  He is almost done.  We were really late getting this wood delivered this fall.  Luckily, we have almost 2 cords left from last winter to use before we will be into this load, so it has plenty of time to dry out.

With no skiing, I am quilting and sewing most of the day right now working on holiday gifts, etc..  Too many projects to list, but I will post pictures as I get them done...lol!

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Sun, Dec 2 2012 11:48 AM | Locked

CC, I love your stories of your family. It reminds me of when mine were little and that passes all to quickly, when you are going through it it seem like forever but now I look back with such a warm heart and smiles. Savor each day, I know that you do, and just love on those babies while you can. (((HUGS)))

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sun, Dec 2 2012 1:27 PM | Locked

Leslie,I'm so sorry to hear you will not be renewing your membership. I hope you still will drop in and chat with us. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sun, Dec 2 2012 1:36 PM | Locked

Well today I'm doing good we have some sunshine today so that's nice and it has warmed up some today.  I'm doing well and trying to get life back to normal here.  Worked on one of the Sandy quilts today ,Have two tops finished ,just need to add boarders and backing then quilt. they are really coming out pretty. Paul is feeling much better today and come out of his depression from yesterday. While sewing have watched two movies and now watching football . Just ordered a pizza from Papa Johns, got one for half price since Mizzou won yesterday ,so that was nice. 

Thea hope you get to feeling better ,Tummy viruses are no fun.  Stay warm and pain free my friend. 

CC, loved the pictures of Sprout ,glad you both got a good nights sleep . Speaking of presents I need to get my SS gifts wrapped and ready to send out Wed. 

Hope everyone has a great Sunday.

Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Sun, Dec 2 2012 1:40 PM | Locked

Barbara:
Hope everyone has a great Sunday.

You too Barbara. You could send us some of your sunshine!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sun, Dec 2 2012 1:45 PM | Locked

Spud if it was within my power I would ,LOL   Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Sun, Dec 2 2012 2:17 PM | Locked

The annual Christ-MESSMESS is under way!!

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Sun, Dec 2 2012 2:30 PM | Locked

Well so far today, I've not accomplished much of anything. We are going to try and tackle the sewing mess in the living room (that is where my quilt frame is) and if we get that done I will be very happy. Wish me luck

replied on Sun, Dec 2 2012 2:47 PM | Locked

I am finishing up my quilt for my Giftee of SS. Also trying to revamp and organize my quilting area.  Just re did my design wall. Spouse got a 8 by 4 piece of sound board, we covered it in white Flannel.  Couldn't find flannel wide enough, so went and bought a flannel white sheet twin size.  Perfect. We then hung it on my large wall. I love it.  I have done this before but this is bigger .  Trying to hang quilts wall hangings , and find areas for my magazines and books.  I want it to look organized, like some of the pictures I have seen of some of the members....   Hopefully a new clean out and organization will give me more inspiration!!     

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sun, Dec 2 2012 3:18 PM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:

The annual Christ-MESSMESS is under way!!

Sukochi,  just guess what I noticed first in your picture?  Bet you would never guess!!!  Scroll down to see....

The WIDE OPEN BACK DOOR!  We do not see open doors in our part of the country at this time of the year...NEVER EVER!  ROFLOL!!!!!

Winthrop, WA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Sun, Dec 2 2012 3:28 PM | Locked

Donna B. Too funny. It is in the 60's here today. I wish it was cold and snowy. Would be oroe in the mood for decorating. When we lived in FL, it was REALLY hard to get in the mood to decorate for Christmas wearing shorts, tank tops, and flip flops.

Got the tree all decorated. It looks so beautiful. Jim said we have three more boxes and two trees out in the shed. So, things are going to get more out of hand later this week.

But, we have company coming for Christmas and it has to be beautiful for her.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,570
Points 30,589
Kelley replied on Sun, Dec 2 2012 3:33 PM | Locked

Hi, I just posted in Market place a sewing machine  for sale if anyone is interested.. An extra machine for me so I think I need thin the machines out...

PM me if you are interested..

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sun, Dec 2 2012 4:38 PM | Locked

Donna have my front door open has been all day. it was in the mid 60's here in Missouri. Really strange for December.  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Sun, Dec 2 2012 4:43 PM | Locked

Its 50 here, which is warm for this time of year, but the wind is blowing really hard so it feels colder. Thanks Barbara, your sunshine finally got here :)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sun, Dec 2 2012 4:47 PM | Locked

Spud, wish I could have sent some of the warmer stuff. but needed here ..LOL  

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Page 253 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 251 252 253 254 255 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use