Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #6

Page 252 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 250 251 252 253 254 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6,355 Replies | 58 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Sat, Dec 1 2012 4:15 PM | Locked

Joni, sounds like a perfect day to me. Glad you enjoyed it.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624
Spudgrandma replied on Sat, Dec 1 2012 5:44 PM | Locked

Joni:
We had a wonderful time visiting and just being in the presence of the Lord and enjoying one anothers company.

What a wonderful way to spend your day Joni... Is this a quilt ministry from your church? Our church has one, but I got sick right after I joined. I will have to look into getting involved again.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,473
Points 24,140
Elaine Phillips replied on Sat, Dec 1 2012 7:51 PM | Locked

Thea:
I was going to get up early and drive the 4 1/2 hours up to Barbara's but that just wasn't happening today

Thea, I am sorry that you felt so much pain today, and wasn't able to go to Barbara's. I hope and pray that you feel better soon. God loves you.

As for me, I had a lovely day with a dear friend who lost her husband last year about this time. We both needed a day like this to get us into the Christmas spirit. We went to the Christmas parade in Lawrence, KS. It was all horse drawn old time wagons, stage coaches, surreys, with all kinds of horses: Clydesdales, Fresians, pino something or others, and just regular quarter horses. So much fun to see. Now I'm watching the K-State football game. They must win to take the Big 12 Championship. Cheer for them, everyone. They are playing Texas.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,252
Points 239,972
Thea replied on Sat, Dec 1 2012 8:41 PM | Locked

Elaine - thank you for the nice thoughts and am so happy that you went to the parade.  I remember that parade and the lighting of the Christmas lights at the Plaza - went to it when in college.  I am glad you had a very nice day.  DH told me there is something going around and with that and my arthritis - life is not nice today... someday!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,351
Points 46,480
Angele replied on Sat, Dec 1 2012 9:28 PM | Locked

Pat I just read about your carpal tunnel surgery. Glad everything went well.  Now I do hope you will follow the surgeon's directives, so that you can get back to what you love to do sooner.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,351
Points 46,480
Angele replied on Sat, Dec 1 2012 9:37 PM | Locked

Oh Nana, I'm so glad your surgery went well.  Sorry you are feeling so much pain. I hope that by now, it's late Saturday, that  your pain will  have subsided.  May all our thoughts and prayers help you through this.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,351
Points 46,480
Angele replied on Sat, Dec 1 2012 9:53 PM | Locked

Cc answering your question about squaring and thread cutting,  I usually square once  they are all done if there is lots of difference. As for threads, I snip of the ones I see, but I know I miss many of them, I believe that quilting is a learning process and should be fun...most of the times...lol

Angèle  from NWO

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,488
Points 47,820
Frances replied on Sun, Dec 2 2012 12:24 AM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:

Y'all, I need some suggestions. I have puit notices everywhere I can think of and I still have members wanting to sign on to Mailbox Surprises. Adm. Mandy (has she disappaeared?) said she would shut it down on Dec, 31, but, in the meantime what else can I do. Two people, this week, have friended my and said they have signed up aand given me their info. How do I stop this? Leslie said she would take it over but could not get a response from anyone in Adm. Grrrr......! Suggestions?

Sukochi,

Hi honey just an idea is there anyway the front page on mailbox surprises could state that its closed and please dont join (prefably in capital letters). dont know if this is possible i still think it probably wont cure it as for some reason people join things before reading the threads. Sorry you are having problems with it honey.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 203
Points 4,430
Brandy (Modern_Mosaic_Mom) replied on Sun, Dec 2 2012 12:26 AM | Locked

My day was spent in Cleburne, Texas at a friends wedding. I was a bridesmaid and my son was the ring bearer. When I get some photos back, I will post them. It was delightful. Now my legs hurt and I am ready to fall asleep. Thea, praying for you. CC, you as we'll. I hope sprout lets you sleep tonight. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sun, Dec 2 2012 6:50 AM | Locked

Sukochi. keep writing her.Mandy will see it or one of the other girls will pass it on. I took over sereral groups so I know it can be done. Meanwile .Leslie can go ahead and start acting as the owner she just can't get into anything yet.  Mandy will see it I promise she is and has been very busy. It took her several days to take care of a group for me.  Don't get frustrated . promise you .. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sun, Dec 2 2012 6:58 AM | Locked

Leslie, You should and can go ahead and start acting as you have taken over the group. but until They change the settings you will not be able to change anything in the group till then. but You can let the members of the group know you are taking over and just waiting on ADM. to make the appropriate changes.  Meanwhile if there is something you need to add , See if you can get one of the site monitors to help you out.  Nana, Thea. I'm not sure who the others are . . You can take over a group  I know as I did one for Marie.

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Sun, Dec 2 2012 8:27 AM | Locked

Cloudy and dark. BAH! I love sun. But can't have it all the time and we need rain to put out a fire on Springer Mtn. The access trails to the AT are closed because of it.  The At starts at Springer. I hope there are no hikers in the way of the fire. Newspaper reports their have been no distress calls and the fire fighters have not seen anyone. Pray it remains that way. Fire started a week ago. Haven't seen the smoke but don't tend to look UP much.

Have to get Secret Santa box wrapped and ready to mail before Weds. Then, have to blocks to get done and in the mail, house needs decorating. So much to do and Jim's surgery is Thurs. I know cataracts are easy but still we have to go clear to Atlanta for that. Kills a whole day. Not to mention ME driving in that scary traffic. Oh, my.

Nana, hope the pain is lees for you now.

Pat glad things are improving.

CC, hope sleep came to both of you last night. Remember, babies are FUN!!

To all, in the Northwest, I am praying for the weather to lighten up and no floods to happen. You are all in my prayers. Sounds scary.

Have a great, fun, day today. Christmas Cheer!!

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,650
Points 135,977
Leslie replied on Sun, Dec 2 2012 9:56 AM | Locked

Barbara,   thanks for the info.  I will not be taking over the group, I have decided I will not be renewing my membership when it expires.

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,252
Points 239,972
Thea replied on Sun, Dec 2 2012 10:15 AM | Locked

Leslie, I am sorry that you won't be renewing your membership.  I know there are many reasons for this but hope that you will still come and visit us as a non-premium member - we would truly miss your shining prescience if you did.  

Today - well - my poor body after fighting whatever it was fighting yesterday is just exhausted today.  Food - well it went in and came back out - DH said there was a stomach virus going around work and 2 employees had gone home sick both Friday and Saturday.  He doesn't catch them but carries those dang little germy viruses home to me.  I can't be around anything without catching it... then the weather had to go and send a new front through which told my arthritis to go into over drive and it did... But although exhausted am feeling better this morning.  

I didn't make it to church - felt that with being so exhausted it was better to stay home and recuperate rather then allow another germy virus to climb off from someone else.  DH says he needs to build a bubble around me...teehee...

I hunted in my stash and found a backing fabric for my snowmen A-Z - a cute Christmas flannel - I think it will work really good so going to piece it together today and get it ready for the box to send to Christine - then just waiting for the other 2 backings to arrive and off it will go.  

I also found a cute pattern in one of the magazines for cathedral christmas ornalments - so pulled some scraps of christmas fabrics and am going to see how tough they are to make today... after that am going to set the machine up for satin stitch and start working on my BOM...teehee

Anyway, warm quilty prayerful thoughts to all of you.  Have a great first weekend in Dec of 2012.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,106
Points 109,560
chocake2 replied on Sun, Dec 2 2012 11:05 AM | Locked

Hi Ever'body!

Sounds like most of us are enjoying the weekend. Brandy, the wedding sounds fun. I bet the ring-barer was the handsomest guy there.. ;-)

Sprout slept last night. I mean really slept... for the first time in nearly 2 weeks. I can not tell you what a blessing that was! Now he's pulling up on my knees and trying to open desk drawers better left closed. He's telling wonderful stories while he's at it - such happy little chortles.

I took the kids to the Christmas stroll yesterday. It's usually a lot of fun, but as tired and stressed as I was, I'm afraid I didn't enjoy it all that much. I felt like i was herding cats while I tried to help the kids spend their money wisely. They did well with their shopping and came home pleased w/ their purchases. When we got home, DS asked for help making a gift bag to put his school present in. The young man he was assigned to gift this year is a great fan of WWII planes, and I happened to have a scrap of novelty fabric that fit the theme, so the bag was made with that. 'Not exactly Christmas-y, but certainly cool! Now, of course, Jr wants to make a bag to put his gift in, too. My boys seem determined to have the coolest wrapping 'paper' under the elementary tree...

Now I have been up for more then 3 hours and I think it's time to attempt getting breakfast... Maybe If I fix it now, I'll get to eat it before lunchtime! :D

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Page 252 of 424 (6356 items) « First ... < Previous 250 251 252 253 254 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use